Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

Im doing this build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2058308/page/1

Check it there are some neatty advices.
Last night I finished farming 4 Oni Goroshi swords. I farmed 2 on the regular Bestiary league and 2 on HC SSF Bestiary.

My method of farming was to create 2 characters and start the Hillock runs. Killing all the trash mobs on the way without going to far looking for them. If I couldn't see them I just kept running to Hillock. As soon as I cleared fast enough I was ahead of the reset time I added a third and then a fourth character. In Bestiary I used a Scion, Ranger, Duelist, Shadow. Do to an accidental delete I lost the Duelist and then rolled another Scion.

In HC SSF I rolled 4 Scions, for farming Oni it is the best class. 9% run speed from passives, 10% from boots, which all my farming toons found eventually, and then the Onslaught buff just makes Scion the fastest and when you finally get the Uber Hillock the Spectral Throw mechanics let you kill the adds easy while still doing dps on Hillock. The Ranger imo is the second best as she has the most ranged attack and can kill much further away without having to run to the mob. Having pierce support gem also means that the Uber Hillock adds don't bother her much.

My first Oni drop came in the normal league on the Ranger. She was about 10% into lvl 7. At this time I had not started farming in the HC SFF league and had appox. 4 1/2 hours total and that was about what it was time wise before 3.2. Wanting a second Oni for a weapons swap I kept farming and farming and farming. It seems that the RNGoddess was taking her accounting into play and making the second drop a PITA. It was at this time I rolled the 4 Scions on HC SSF.

More farming continued to the point that I was thinking F*** this. Ever the glutton for punishment though I kept at it. Last night I got my second Oni drop in the SSF league. This was about 20 hours since the first Oni dropped. Then about 45 minutes later my third Oni dropped in normal Bestiary.

Now having 2 in that league I ran all of those guys to town and sold items and stashed then deleted them. Continued to farm for the last one and I guess it was my lucky night because a couple hours later the fourth Oni dropped. Now having 2 in SSF I ran all of those to town sold/stashed/deleted. Then rolled the character that I was going to play and took him to town for his Oni Goroshi swords.

In all I played approx 27.5 hours to farm 4 Oni Goroshi swords. I might have played more than that but not less, I would round down not up when kept track of the time spent framing Oni. The average then would be 6.875 hours per sword, but that huge gap between the first and second sword was not pretty.

From the Bestiary league

From HC SSF Bestiary

I know its not a place here but for those who r looking for start and cheap super fast clearing build... I've chosen Oni-goroshi lightning strike Raider and after I modify this build I found quite fun of this setup. I have 3x charges on - Frenzy, Endurance and Power. It is 2x swap weapon build. Lightning strike and Blade Flurry for single target. For sustain life you need hp pot but with drain nodes (even without vaal pact) it works quite good. When you keep killing you have hp on max even wit Her Embrance on.

Raider has passive frenzy generator so I do not use blood rage. I have also 2x curses on hit with Herald of Ice which generates also Power and Endurance charges. One for crit second for rescue system which triggers also Phase Run after hit. Cast on Dmg Taken triggers Phase Run which eats frenzy but they are generated instantly. Hit eats endurance charges so as raider I'm hard to kill for now.
Key items and links:

In this setup I don't use Herald of Ash because it wont trigger curses on hit. That's why I use Herald of Ice. So for now I need this
which is working perfect and linked additionally Add Fire Dmg as support for Blade Flurry for Her Embrance on bosses. All those things for triggering Her Embrace from Oni-goroshi (this buff is 2x dmg total so you want this always on - thats why you need fire dmg as much as possible)
In future I will swap skills from boots to chest and 6 link Herald of Ice in my chest like: HoI-Assassin Mark-Warlords Mark, Curse on Hit, Cold to Fire support and Blind or Culling Strike.
Cold to fire support will probably help me to get rid off Pyre Ring which gives nothing except conversion and Her Embrance on... I will try to get boots +1 frenzy too.
Rest of items for now.
Last edited by vayha on Mar 21, 2018, 3:11:27 AM
Nice!
To reiterate from my previous post "PAIN!, PAIN!, PAIN!". Patch 3.2.x has us making many more 100s of beach runs. My latest effort to get Uber Hillock:

Gloom, despair, and agony on me... level 9 on The Strand Beach:

At 2% it finally happens (it's about damn time!):
Spoiler

Uber Hillock is dead... long live Uber Hillock:

Wow! What a difference a Scion makes over a Duelist at killing Uber Hillock (0 deaths)
Spoiler

Wow! The over-level penalty is major pain, at the end averaging only 444 XP per hour.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Mar 21, 2018, 10:15:45 AM
Scion is the best... but why ppl use armour? Armour takes 3% running speed. Even robe is taking it.
"
vayha wrote:
Scion is the best... but why ppl use armour? Armour takes 3% running speed. Even robe is taking it.

Hmm... good point. After leveling a few times armour isn't necessary however if you get this:

I'm adding a little more fire, cold, and lightning damage.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Tabula is useless in Strand because no gems, so any armour with decent dmg bonus is worth to wear.
So its still worth to farm... i have 4chars lvl 6 with 80% +/- today after work i will hit lvl 7 and start to farm... eish me luck... i would like to get atleast 2 swords just to tray that build.
Good hunting then!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info