[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

With the changes to Immortal Call in 3.7, is running CwDT + IC still a good defensive option? Or is manually casting a Guard skill a better use of our time?
"
gaser wrote:
Hello Kira!

Your build seems to have too much info for my tiny mind.
I was looking to find a durable but fast mapper (no MF tho), with no real idea to do endgame bosses, just to more or less safe & chill t10-t15 map grinding, but then I found out this thread of yours and I am in love with the idea of cyclone + Ngamahu.

But. I find it next to impossible to figure out which of those POB trees and gear variations should I be using for my purpose? Can you help me out, please? What I am looking forward is, again, tankiness and clearing speed (no need to do any bosses really), on said maps. Thanks in advance.

P.s. I am planning to start and finish league with your build, gradually improving it with money grinded.

For starter, I always recommend to go for Uber Lab - Resolute Technique skill tree as it is more newbie friendly.

"
illuminate89 wrote:

What would you suggest for Consecrated Path? I'm thinking similar to below?

ConPath + Faster Attacks + Elemental Damage with Attack + Ele focus + Melee Physical (or Concentrated for Bossing) + Pulverise (or Close Combat for bossing)

I won't use Pulverise because the reduction in speed can be a pain. Close Combat is pretty much just good for bossing. I would probably stick with the current gems setup listed in the guide.

But you can definitely swap Melee Physical with Close Combat.

"
Petrwika wrote:
What do you think about Sand and Blood? Do you think will be worth it to add it for the area/damage buffs? Also it only reserves 10% of your mana pool so it does sound interesting.

It's good. Use it. :)

I have updated the gems section so take a look over there.

"
Draekan wrote:
With cyclone now being channeled, I was thinking of going CWC with blade vortex or something. How would you make the links if you went with that? I was thinking... Swap fortify and inc aoe for CWC + BV. Get fortify on leap slam. Would that be terrible you think?

CwC is not worth it for this build mainly because we invest heavily into attack nodes. CwC will require you to invest a lot into spell nodes instead.

"
Thyco2501 wrote:
I'm kinda new (the last time I played PoE was back when it had 3 or 4 acts) so I hope you don't mind if I ask a few newbish questions.

1. Which PoB build do I use? There's "Uber Lab RT", "Vaal Pact RT", and "Vaal Pact EO" to choose from. Is there any significant difference between them?

2. Can I replace the totem with some other skill/buff?

3. Is it hard to get the Ngamahu's Flame? How long does it take if you're starting from scratch?

Thanks in advance!

1. Go for Uber Lab RT as starter. You can switch to other skill tree once you have your character geared up. :)

2. Gems section has been updated. Take a look. I would keep totem cos the cull is very useful in boss fight.

3. Nope. It is not hard to get it at all. Ngamahu's Flame is a pretty common drop.

"
lordgreg wrote:
Hi there.

I'm using lightning golem as suggested. The thing is, with my current level (76ish), golem is lvl17, he is dying on every occasion.

is this... normal? or should I just put him in CWDT setup? otherwise, I have to recast him after each big-mob-group.

In the new gems setup, I have dropped Golem. They are a pain to use. ;)

"
Hi, why you take to much warcry nodes (in jugg - tectonic slam version) and 0 cry gems?

Jugg will always auto generate endurance charges.

"
AZEACEAXE wrote:
Noob question, why do you recommend accuracy on rings, if we are taking the Resolute technique node, im using the Cyclone RT Vaal Pact tree in PoB.

Accuracy is meant for Elemental Overload. You don't need them if you go for RT.

Note that Vaal Pact is totally optional. You only use it if you feel you needed better leech.

"
meesta wrote:
Sorry for the noob question, is this build works for all the three skill? tectonic, consacrated and cyclone? So I need just follow this guide and I can switch skill if I don't like so much tectonic slam?

thx

Yes. You can always switch skills.

Note that Bronn chest is meant for just Cyclone and Consecrated Path. For Tectonic Slam, Carcass Jack is better.

"
Obodongo wrote:
With the changes to Immortal Call in 3.7, is running CwDT + IC still a good defensive option? Or is manually casting a Guard skill a better use of our time?

Yes. CwDT + IC is still good. I have updated the gems section to include Wave of Conviction. Take a look. :)

P.S. The gems section is finally updated!
Hi Kira,

Thanks for your replies!! I have a couple questions though...

I prefer Con Path however from running sims on PoB it seems that Tec Slam is just outright superior in damage by a long shot. Can you confirm if the gem setup for both of these skills is still correct? (I know you updated the other gems but unsure if you updated these)

Also given the differences between skills, I don't believe Con Path an tec slam can easily be cycled between because of the chest requirements right?
Hey, I'm doing great ith this build already, thank you for the time you put in.

You didn't mention the nice buff carcass jack has received for AoE numbers, it can be misleading for those who are hesitating.
Hey,

thanks for a great guide. I have some questions for Tectonic Slam + Chieftrain variation.

1. Should we stack +1 Endurance charges (and Valako)
For more damage from Tectonic Slam?

2. What is the main damage source
Tectonic Slam?
or Molten Burst ?

I feal like Tectonic Slam is the main source, i dont even see the molten burst.

"
kira1414 wrote:

3. Nope. It is not hard to get it at all. Ngamahu's Flame is a pretty common drop.

Man, you tell me... I was originally going to follow the Frost Cyclone build because I dropped a Hrimsorrow (I play SSF), but then I dropped a Ngamahu's Flame when leveling another character on Chapter 8. Then I dropped 2 more in maps.

Question: how about swapping Faster Attacks for Blood Rage on the Totem/Leap Slam setup? I mean, it's about half the attack speed, but it applies to all attacks instead of just the totem and LS.

EDIT: forget about the armor question, it is already answered in the guide.
Last edited by Obodongo on Jun 10, 2019, 2:25:07 PM
Hey, just a question for the gem setup, if you replace blasphemy + flammability with flesh and stone what should the spare slot gem be?
"
illuminate89 wrote:
Hi Kira,

Thanks for your replies!! I have a couple questions though...

I prefer Con Path however from running sims on PoB it seems that Tec Slam is just outright superior in damage by a long shot. Can you confirm if the gem setup for both of these skills is still correct? (I know you updated the other gems but unsure if you updated these)

Also given the differences between skills, I don't believe Con Path an tec slam can easily be cycled between because of the chest requirements right?

Yes. Tectonic Slam does appear to deliver more damage when compared to Consecrated Path.

For Consecrated Path, the preferred chest will be Bronn because it is a movement skill.

For Tectonic Slam, you can use any chest that you prefer. Carcass Jack and Loreweave are both great chests for this skill.

"
popochka wrote:
Hey, I'm doing great ith this build already, thank you for the time you put in.

You didn't mention the nice buff carcass jack has received for AoE numbers, it can be misleading for those who are hesitating.

Yes. Carcass Jack is a great chest for the AOE buff that it provides.

I agree that it can cause some hesitation when it comes to gearing but you can never please everyone. ;)

"
DaDron wrote:
Hey,

thanks for a great guide. I have some questions for Tectonic Slam + Chieftrain variation.

1. Should we stack +1 Endurance charges (and Valako)
For more damage from Tectonic Slam?

2. What is the main damage source
Tectonic Slam?
or Molten Burst ?

I feal like Tectonic Slam is the main source, i dont even see the molten burst.

1. It's mentioned in the gems section that you will pick Valako for Tectonic Slam. For convenience, I will paste it here:
"
Ngamahu's Flame Advance + Hinekora Death's Fury + Tawhoa Forest's Strength + Valako Storm's Embrace

2. Tectonic Slam when you min/max your gears.

"
Obodongo wrote:

Question: how about swapping Faster Attacks for Blood Rage on the Totem/Leap Slam setup? I mean, it's about half the attack speed, but it applies to all attacks instead of just the totem and LS.

You can definitely do that. This guide mainly serve as a reference and you can always tweak the skill tree and gems to your own liking. :)

"
Jedibiscuit wrote:
Hey, just a question for the gem setup, if you replace blasphemy + flammability with flesh and stone what should the spare slot gem be?

To name a few, you can use:

Steelskin, Golem, Molten Shell, Vaal Lightning Trap, Blood Rage
Last edited by kira1414 on Jun 10, 2019, 11:10:11 PM
Hi

First of all great guide i use it alot.
I have a question i managed to find a shroud of the lightless is it possible to use it in this build for cyclone setup ? with gem should i replace if so as it can have 5 skill gems ?

Regards /mats
The PoB says to use Herald of Ash/Anger/Elemental Weakness, but the gems section of the OP says to use Herald of Ash/Flammability/Sand+Blood.

Which is correct?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info