[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

Also how would Vaal breach even do vs bosses? shaper, izaro etc.
Doesnt the souls reset when you enter boss fights in any instance, both maps and lab?
I'm wondering about the ascendancy a bit.

I'm looking at the budget ascendancy as it might be a bit before I can get my hands on a red dream.

Obviously an alternative is manual cast enduring cry, but I've never been great about maintaining endurance charges when i've tried.

What I'm looking at is Ramako, Sun's light... it seems kinda weak. You pick this up off of uber labs, which means at that point you probably shouldn't need the +100% fire resist because of how easy it is to element cap resists. The 10% physical as fire is a small mitigation buff since we likely have a decent physical mitigation. And the life regeneration is negated entirely if going for vaal pact (which I plan to because I hate running lab).

So i'm thinking about this ascendancy setup:

Ngamahu, Flame's Advance >> Hinekora, Death's fury >> Tahwoah, Forest's strength >> Arohongui, Moon's Presence.

This change gives enemies -8% damage which is a much larger mitigation bonus than 10% phys to fire as well as a 16% increase in damage via physical and fire.

I don't value Tukohoma, War's herald very highly at all, but once you have a red dream, Tahwhoa's strength becomes largely pointless obviously and it's the only choice left.

I was also extremely fortunate in looting an Exalt near the end of act 7, currently level 55, looking forward to being able to crush the game at level 58 with a good rolled, 6s ngamahu with hinekora, death's fury following it shortly. (I also can't really play much until thursday, so that gives a few more days for the price to drop too!)

Looking forwards to fleshing the build out by the end of the week!

@Bloodytrailz, the point of getting the 100% fire res node is so you can swap the rolls on gear that would get you that 100% fire res with accuracy rolls for when you go Elemental Overload. Getting ele res capped with Resolute Technique is really easy, yes. But Without that 100% res node getting an adequate hit% without RT is really hard to do at this point in the league.

That's my take on that node anyway. I am currently lvl 86 and swapped to Ele Overload a few levels ago. Working wonders.
im doing the build with a jugg atm taking the accuracy/crit ascendancy and dropping RT, and its working really well.

But then again, i am 100000% biased towards jugg at any given time.

I also chose to drop xophs and point into avatar since its only 3-4 points away from EO so i could stick with my +1 max all res daressos.
This is a std build however, not likely people can just play around with it so casually on league.
"
Freddydaking wrote:
Hey Kira, where am i supposed to put desc/vaal breach if i run COMK setup

edit: for bosses i mean

COMK setup is not good vs boss as you already know, the lack in corpse. Unless you use Cremation to lay down corpses.

Vaal Breach works in boss rooms that are not in different zone. And with the change to how Vaal skills work now, it should gain charges when you fight boss.

But honestly, COMK is really just good for mapping. I would go for pure Cyclone setup.

"
MajorM wrote:
First of all, Great guide Kira! I've been using your ngamahu build (as slayer though) for leagues and leagues.

Something to consider strongly for a budget option on chieftains wanting to switch to Ele Overload is to use the new unique jewel linked below in the jewel slot above Devotion. It gives us 500 flat accuracy rating and is incredibly important for raising hit chance before you can afford accuracy jewellery.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Tempered_Mind

It allowed me to gain a chance to hit % from 84 to 89, and the jewel is super cheap. Definitely worth considering during the gearing up phase for budget options.

The build is awesome. Thanks again.

Glad you liked the build. :)

Oh btw, possible to have Tempered Mind linked? I will include that into the guide. Thank you for the input!

"
Bloodytrailz wrote:

So i'm thinking about this ascendancy setup:

Ngamahu, Flame's Advance >> Hinekora, Death's fury >> Tahwoah, Forest's strength >> Arohongui, Moon's Presence.

This change gives enemies -8% damage which is a much larger mitigation bonus than 10% phys to fire as well as a 16% increase in damage via physical and fire.

I don't value Tukohoma, War's herald very highly at all, but once you have a red dream, Tahwhoa's strength becomes largely pointless obviously and it's the only choice left.

Yes. This ascendancy will work. And when you have the pieces in place, you can always refund the points back into War's Herald. :)

"
Freddydaking wrote:
im doing the build with a jugg atm taking the accuracy/crit ascendancy and dropping RT, and its working really well.

But then again, i am 100000% biased towards jugg at any given time.

I also chose to drop xophs and point into avatar since its only 3-4 points away from EO so i could stick with my +1 max all res daressos.
This is a std build however, not likely people can just play around with it so casually on league.

Without Xoph's Blood, Juggernaut will still lose the damage buff from "Cover enemies in Ash". Which is huge.

Ultimately as Jugg, you will definitely want to get your hands on Xoph's Blood. :)
Hello.
Can I use elemental equilibrium if cyclone has lightning damage? Or will damage be caused by two elements at the same time?
For better survival it makes sense to use the brass dome or death's oath?
With Veruso's Battering Rams looking good
I can't decide if I should go for Tukohama, War's Herald or Ramako, Sun's Light Ascendancy. I am running the Resolute Technique Version + vaal pact version. Because I am trying to go budget friendly since I am new.

The guide says the Ramako, Sun's Light path is more budget friendly and I like being more defensive. But would I not lose on all the life reg it gives because I run the vaal pact version? Should I maybe switch to the no vaal pact version?

Thanks for the guide I am haveing a lot of fun with it :)
"
deywe wrote:
Hello.
Can I use elemental equilibrium if cyclone has lightning damage? Or will damage be caused by two elements at the same time?
For better survival it makes sense to use the brass dome or death's oath?

Elemental Equilibrium will not work because you will be dealing all kinds of damage at once.

Brass Dome main disadvantage is slower movement speed. And you will definitely want more movement for Cyclone.

Death Oath is usable if you can cap your chaos resist.

For better survivability during leveling, I strongly recommend running Enfeeble curse instead of Flammability.

"
deywe wrote:
With Veruso's Battering Rams looking good

Tombfist will still be the preferred gloves. :)

"
R4thren wrote:
I can't decide if I should go for Tukohama, War's Herald or Ramako, Sun's Light Ascendancy. I am running the Resolute Technique Version + vaal pact version. Because I am trying to go budget friendly since I am new.

The guide says the Ramako, Sun's Light path is more budget friendly and I like being more defensive. But would I not lose on all the life reg it gives because I run the vaal pact version? Should I maybe switch to the no vaal pact version?

Thanks for the guide I am haveing a lot of fun with it :)

You will have to drop Vaal Pact if you are going for defensive setup using endurance charges and Resolute Technique. :)

So I managed to loot this... Very close to perfect bronn's lithe. Not sure if I should use it or just save and invest into a good loreweave?

A good roll loreweave really seems insane for the build when going elemental overload (which I am).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info