[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

Hi I am new this is only my second build. I have farmed a little currency with my first one and this build looks fun. But I am very confused as to which version to take? the vaal pact, no vaal pact, uber lab farmer, etc? Can you help me, which one is better for a newer player?
how big of a damage gap is there between the EO and RT versions? I've tried the Slayer and Chieften versions so far, but I'm tempted to give this a go on raider; just not sure if it will be a homerun or a failure.
"
Drew_Grit wrote:
Hi I am new this is only my second build. I have farmed a little currency with my first one and this build looks fun. But I am very confused as to which version to take? the vaal pact, no vaal pact, uber lab farmer, etc? Can you help me, which one is better for a newer player?

For new players to the game, I recommend you to follow Uber Lab farmer skill tree. :)

"
Moemed wrote:
how big of a damage gap is there between the EO and RT versions? I've tried the Slayer and Chieften versions so far, but I'm tempted to give this a go on raider; just not sure if it will be a homerun or a failure.

EO is approximately 30 to 40% more damage than RT.
How end-game(red and maybe uber elder) viable is this build after 3.3?
Thanks for the detail build.
I am new to this game(about 3+ weeks) and follow your build in last 2 weeks of bestiary league.
currently fine with up to tier-11 map.

I have one question: Does Vaal Pact make a lot of difference in build?
you called the non-VP build as Uber Lab Farmer build, give me a impression of non-VP is better in lab farming only.

I googled the mechanism of leech, and know that there is a limit of leech based on the maximum life.

If my life regeneration + life leech limit > life leech * 2, does that mean non-VP is better? (This game has too many mechanism that I still need to understand.) Currently I have 6383 hp and 536.2 hp-regen/s

I first try with non-VP, then switch to VP two days ago, then switch back to non-VP. The Blood Rage damage annoying me with VP, and the attack speed + Frenzy look like a lot of damage buff to me (or I am wrong?). I wonder if it is worth to give up Blood Rage for VP.

I am ready for the new league with the same build!

Edited:
I watched a video posted by Engineering Eternity recently about leech,
with my current HP (6383) and HP-Regen(536), without VP, my maximum recovery rate is 6383*0.2+536 = 1840
and with VP, it will be 6383 * 0.4 = 2553. It is a 700+ difference, seems huge, did I calculate it correctly? (I ignore the leech instance rate and assumed that I can reach the cap easily, which should be the case with VP, correct?)
Last edited by momo52620 on May 29, 2018, 2:54:47 AM
"
feelthepain wrote:
How end-game(red and maybe uber elder) viable is this build after 3.3?

It is end game viable in 3.2 and I don't expect it to have any issues with 3.3. :)

"
momo52620 wrote:
Thanks for the detail build.
I am new to this game(about 3+ weeks) and follow your build in last 2 weeks of bestiary league.
currently fine with up to tier-11 map.

I have one question: Does Vaal Pact make a lot of difference in build?
you called the non-VP build as Uber Lab Farmer build, give me a impression of non-VP is better in lab farming only.

I googled the mechanism of leech, and know that there is a limit of leech based on the maximum life.

If my life regeneration + life leech limit > life leech * 2, does that mean non-VP is better? (This game has too many mechanism that I still need to understand.) Currently I have 6383 hp and 536.2 hp-regen/s

I first try with non-VP, then switch to VP two days ago, then switch back to non-VP. The Blood Rage damage annoying me with VP, and the attack speed + Frenzy look like a lot of damage buff to me (or I am wrong?). I wonder if it is worth to give up Blood Rage for VP.

I am ready for the new league with the same build!

Edited:
I watched a video posted by Engineering Eternity recently about leech,
with my current HP (6383) and HP-Regen(536), without VP, my maximum recovery rate is 6383*0.2+536 = 1840
and with VP, it will be 6383 * 0.4 = 2553. It is a 700+ difference, seems huge, did I calculate it correctly? (I ignore the leech instance rate and assumed that I can reach the cap easily, which should be the case with VP, correct?)

Uber lab skill tree is still capable of doing Red Elder and Shaper. Damage output will be lower than other skill trees but toughness is much higher.

Looking at the regen numbers (with and without Vaal Pact) that you have posted, it looks about right to me.

You can also use POB to check the regen. It will be a lot easier.

Having more endurance charges will affect the regen rate if you are on Uber lab skill tree.

When I am running Vaal Pact, I don't use Blood Rage (unless I am Slayer). Like you said, the degen is annoying.

My Shaper kill with EO skill tree + Vaal Pact was achieved without using Blood Rage. :)

I played the last league of your build - it was strong ))
I hope you update this build under 3.3 - I miss the cyclone.
Thank you for your builds and constant support and advice on the forum.
With respect and gratitude.
P.S. I wrote through Google translator, so do not judge strictly for the presentation )))
Any adjustment to this build in 3.3? maybe some Vaal Impurity of Fire + watcher's eye mod? I don't know if it will work. Haste and Vaal Haste share the watcher's eye mods, but purity and impurity are different words.
Hello.

Thank you for the build guide. I appreciate the work you've put into it.

I have a question though- Compared to Slayer with its leech, how far behind that would the Chieftain be in terms of survivability?

I would very much like to play a Chieftain as something different and i love the whole theme of it, but I am concerned about losing the very powerful Slayer leech. With Vaal Pact, how well does Chieftain perform in that department?
"
omua1978 wrote:

I played the last league of your build - it was strong ))
I hope you update this build under 3.3 - I miss the cyclone.
Thank you for your builds and constant support and advice on the forum.
With respect and gratitude.
P.S. I wrote through Google translator, so do not judge strictly for the presentation )))

The guide is updated for 3.3. Generally everything still remains the same.

I will be waiting for the patch to hit and have Combustion (in replacement of Elemental Focus) gem tested out on Cyclone setup. It is likely to replace Elemental Focus in 3.3.

"
Visca wrote:
Any adjustment to this build in 3.3? maybe some Vaal Impurity of Fire + watcher's eye mod? I don't know if it will work. Haste and Vaal Haste share the watcher's eye mods, but purity and impurity are different words.

As my reply above.

Vaal Impurity of Fire will be an interesting touch to the setup for that 3 second damage burst.

As for Vaal Haste vs Anger, have to wait for POB to include the new gems before any conclusive figures can be reached.

"
Hello.

Thank you for the build guide. I appreciate the work you've put into it.

I have a question though- Compared to Slayer with its leech, how far behind that would the Chieftain be in terms of survivability?

I would very much like to play a Chieftain as something different and i love the whole theme of it, but I am concerned about losing the very powerful Slayer leech. With Vaal Pact, how well does Chieftain perform in that department?

It is still possible to kill Shaper using EO skill tree without Vaal Pact. Especially if you are familiar with fighting Shaper.

Personally, I have tried EO without Vaal Pact and was able to kill him with great ease too.

So the question will be more of Slayer leech QOL vs cost of gearing.

With Chieftain, you will be able to attain full conversion once you complete cruel lab.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info