[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

"
Get a 50% instant heal anti-bleed life flask.

Replace Lion's Roar with anti-curse Granite flask. Use Lion's Roar only on end game bosses.

Get your chaos resist to 60.

You want life rolls on your jewels.

I would also recommend running the mapping gems setup and use Berserk gem. It is really good vs bosses.

Hey, many thanks for the tips
hello kira, this is the best idea of build that I ever seen
I don't know about the others but a enormous character jumping with an axe is all I ever wanted in this game
but I don't know what I doing wrong, I do not deal enough damage to run metamorphs or t16 maps (maybe I'm being dramatic, I can do but not in the speed I want — or that should I do) I know I don't have the best rings but is this the source of the "problem"?
your guide is nice but I'm a little confused, all the armors you listed is both for cyclone than consecrated path? loreweave still the best option for EO?

the other thing is the fact I don't know how to get 6.5k life, I really want it
I see in pob you use abyss jewel in skill tree but this ins't explained in any place, they are better options compared to the common ones?
I'm starting to level a character for it but after reading the guide (many times) I'm still unsure what I need when I use Tectonic Slam.

The question is:

If I want to make a Juggernaut who uses Tectonic Slam as his main attack, do I or do I not need the following along with Ngamahu's Flame:

Xoph's Blood? Yes/No
Elemental Overload? Yes/No

Your guide is comprehensive but I just couldn't figure it out, sorry about that. I just want to make the optimal build with Tectonic Slam and Marauder using Ngamahu.

Alternatively, if Chieftain is just better, then what are the answers to those three fire mechanic altering bits with Chieftain?
"
An1m4ls_ wrote:
hello kira, this is the best idea of build that I ever seen
I don't know about the others but a enormous character jumping with an axe is all I ever wanted in this game
but I don't know what I doing wrong, I do not deal enough damage to run metamorphs or t16 maps (maybe I'm being dramatic, I can do but not in the speed I want — or that should I do) I know I don't have the best rings but is this the source of the "problem"?
your guide is nice but I'm a little confused, all the armors you listed is both for cyclone than consecrated path? loreweave still the best option for EO?

the other thing is the fact I don't know how to get 6.5k life, I really want it
I see in pob you use abyss jewel in skill tree but this ins't explained in any place, they are better options compared to the common ones?

I recommend using Cyclone instead of Consecrated Path. There are 2 setup listed in the guide. I recommend going for "mapping" setup and use Berserk gem. This will greatly increase your damage vs metabosses.

In 3.9, you will want your chaos resist to be at least 60%. Most deaths are result of chaos damage.

A 50% instant heal anti-bleed life flask will be better than instant heal flask.

You do not need mana pot for the build. Replacing that with Taste of Hate will help to improve your survivability.

You can replace Lion's Roar with anti-curse granite flask.

Replace Increased Duration with Vaal Molten Shell (you will only use the Vaal version of the skill). Popping granite flask and hitting VMS will further improve your survivability during boss fights.

Get life rolls on all your jewels. You will also want high life roll on your rare slots (belt, boots, rings).

"
Minorith wrote:
I'm starting to level a character for it but after reading the guide (many times) I'm still unsure what I need when I use Tectonic Slam.

The question is:

If I want to make a Juggernaut who uses Tectonic Slam as his main attack, do I or do I not need the following along with Ngamahu's Flame:

Xoph's Blood? Yes/No
Elemental Overload? Yes/No

Your guide is comprehensive but I just couldn't figure it out, sorry about that. I just want to make the optimal build with Tectonic Slam and Marauder using Ngamahu.

Alternatively, if Chieftain is just better, then what are the answers to those three fire mechanic altering bits with Chieftain?

For Tectonic Slam and Consecrated Path, you do not need Avatar of Fire. Thus, you do not need Xoph's Blood too.

For Elemental Overload, it depends if you are going for Resolute Technique. If you are not, then EO will give you more damage. However, EO requires you to have 900 accuracy on your gears.

The above will apply to all 3 ascendancies of Marauder.

Juggernaut will give you more survivability while Chieftain and Berserker will give you more damage.
"
kira1414 wrote:

For Tectonic Slam and Consecrated Path, you do not need Avatar of Fire. Thus, you do not need Xoph's Blood too.

For Elemental Overload, it depends if you are going for Resolute Technique. If you are not, then EO will give you more damage. However, EO requires you to have 900 accuracy on your gears.

The above will apply to all 3 ascendancies of Marauder.

Juggernaut will give you more survivability while Chieftain and Berserker will give you more damage.

Hi kira1414, thanks a lot for your response. You mention that to use Elemental Overload, I will need 900 accuracy on my gears. If I pick the Juggernaut Ascendancy node that gives me +1000 accuracy rating, will this alone suffice?

This way, to my understanding, I will have 100% fire conversion (Tectonic, Ngamahu) and possibly the required accuracy for Elemental Overload.

Now, say I want to use just a pure high DPS 2h rare weapon for the build; is the optimal way then to get either Avatar of Fire or Xoph's Blood? My reasoning for this is that Ngamahus molten projectiles are often wasted on Tectonic Slam, whereas they work fine with Cyclone.
Last edited by Minorith on Jan 8, 2020, 5:28:11 AM
"
Minorith wrote:

Hi kira1414, thanks a lot for your response. You mention that to use Elemental Overload, I will need 900 accuracy on my gears. If I pick the Juggernaut Ascendancy node that gives me +1000 accuracy rating, will this alone suffice?

This way, to my understanding, I will have 100% fire conversion (Tectonic, Ngamahu) and possibly the required accuracy for Elemental Overload.

Now, say I want to use just a pure high DPS 2h rare weapon for the build; is the optimal way then to get either Avatar of Fire or Xoph's Blood? My reasoning for this is that Ngamahus molten projectiles are often wasted on Tectonic Slam, whereas they work fine with Cyclone.

If you choose Undeniable on Jugg, you do not need 900 accuracy on gears. However, having more accuracy = more dps. You want your chance to hit to be at least 90%.

If you use a rare axe for Tectonic, Xoph's Blood will be the amulet of choice. Not just because of AoF, but also because of Ash.
nvm I found my answer :)
Last edited by Oo_FLOKi_oO on Jan 8, 2020, 2:31:05 PM
Hi,

first of all thank you for making this build. I've tried a couple ones so far for marauder and this has been the best one. Nevertheless I'm running into some problems regarding survivability in certain situations. I'm certain I die a lot due to my own mistakes since I'm a new player but I was wondering if someone can take a look at my build or give me some tips in order to die less. Currently I'm at level 91, running T13-16 maps, and can't seem to progress further.

https://pastebin.com/Mdes8whT

Thanks in advance
Last edited by bajavi on Jan 12, 2020, 4:21:19 AM
[double post]
Last edited by kira1414 on Jan 12, 2020, 8:06:45 AM
"
bajavi wrote:
Hi,

first of all thank you for making this build. I've tried a couple ones so far for marauder and this has been the best one. Nevertheless I'm running into some problems regarding survivability in certain situations. I'm certain I die a lot due to my own mistakes since I'm a new player but I was wondering if someone can take a look at my build or give me some tips in order to die less. Currently I'm at level 91, running T13-16 maps, and can't seem to progress further.

https://pastebin.com/Mdes8whT

Thanks in advance

You need more accuracy on your gears. You want your chance to hit to be at least 90%. The more the merrier.

Your chaos resist is only 2%. 3.9 onward, you want your chaos resist to be at least 60%. Most deaths nowadays are mainly due to chaos damage.

Use a 50% instant heal anti-bleed divine flask.

Your next upgrade will be Awakened Melee Physical. Replace Pulverize with that.

Same goes to Elemental damage. Get the Awakened version of it.

Anoint Rampart onto your amulet.
Last edited by kira1414 on Jan 12, 2020, 8:06:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info