SRS Builds - Are they Fun?

I'm thinking of doing a SRS build... but I feel it might be boring?

Is it kinda like totem builds? In that you just kinda sit back, dodge stuff and get bored?
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2018, 12:01:21 PM
Well... um... yes, that is the whole point. After you have made a couple dozen builds where you have to hit, move, hit, move ad infinitum then having a low stress build like a tri-totem freeze pulse caster to switch over to occasionally is a nice change of pace.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
i used to really like them :P for some reason they kind of suck to me now
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
It's simplest summoner build and is it fun ? It's depend on you.....
Not everyone can enjoy minion or totem build, why you have to bother that ?
Last edited by cuocdoitan on Feb 25, 2018, 8:02:32 AM
They were fun when you could have 50 of them. Now it is just disappointing by comparison. If you have never done one, yes it could be fun.

And yeah, you generally run in circles as stuff dies. It is more interactive than a traditional summoner though, and plays more like a DoT spell caster or a totem caster like you mentioned.

I imagine it could be a lot of fun with a few twists. Use that unique that lets you use the minion passives for yourself as well, get some sort of cast on x setup and it could be a lot more interactive and fun at the price of being a lot less efficient.
it depents how you play it... like with most other builds here.

sure you can play the build brain afk and again like most builds can.

yes, you usually sit back, but that does not mean that you do not have to kite or dodge stuff sometimes, i would also say srs 'can' have more to do than the typical 'i-spam-one-button-attack-build' (especially when you are still farming for your endgame gear), you have to proc your ee, cast your curses, cast your offerings (on some builds even rotate them to replenish your resources), recast your zoo (zombies and stuff) sometimes, maybe even cast a supportive totem here and there, do your flask rotations (quicksilver/ silver), cast your vaalhaste or whatever...

that said, there is a point that srs can reach with good equipment where you can cheese nearly all content and dont have to engage in any complex playstyles anymore.
When I was a kid, a rock and a stick were fun. So was a ball of string. Give me a regular rubber ball and I was set for the day.

Kids today need to be told what to do to have "fun", and need to ask permission before they try it.

Glad it will all be over soon.
Depends on the playstyle you enjoy!

Try it out.
anything is everything
"
brunowa wrote:
I'm thinking of doing a SRS build... but I feel it might be boring?

Is it kinda like totem builds? In that you just kinda sit back, dodge stuff and get bored?

Is it fun ? Depends on the person playing it
SRS is super fun especially if you play it in such a way it nice and engaging. But theres multiple ways to do it so it really depends on what your looking for out of it really.?

If your wanting a really nice speedy map clearing SRS setup then going Scourge with a +1 Tabula till you lvl an Empower to atleast lvl 3 minimum (lvl 4 preferably but you may want to go ahead and figure that in as something you will buy in that case.) Then from there you can run whatever shield and run SC to get around really nice and maps can be cleared really nicely if you play it correctly. Still takes care of most map boss's up to around guardians. But the extreme endgame shit might start to be a little tougher. But certainly still doable in this state if you atleast know the fights and what to do.

Now as far as making a very nice boss killer you also have a couple options.. +3 staff which is pretty common and probably better suited for a life based build you could also go with +3 Essence Crafted Bow.
Any bow with low dex requirement will work but keep in mind you also want to precolor the bow before Essence crafting +2 fire gems on the bow otherwise getting 6 offcolors... yeah not gonna be fun at all.
Simply roll the Reduced Stats Mod on the bow then color THEN Essence craft into a +3. From there you could run it CI or LL with Soul Strike Quiver for absolutely massive recharge to the point if you run Essence Surge (I think its recharge start on the tree) with the quiver you can start your recharge within around a second or so of not taking damage which is huge for survival on such a character and then the +3 weapons combined with an Empower boosts your SRS so much to the point they will melt anything you throw them at. AND this play style opens up either use of Kaom's Heart or ANY non 6L chest. which can save you a ton since you dont need a second 6L really but the option is there.

From there no matter which way you choose weapon wise to go theres tons of options from there to add into the build. From more Minions such as Raise Spectres to Zombie meat shields. Running some 5-6L Spectres along with your SRS is a really nice option and gives the player more than enough power to take out most of the content very effectively. And it can be played in such a way you really determine how active the playstyle is. You can be lazy and just cast SRS and keep moving to avoid most things or you could play super active where you avoid most everything and clear super fast. Its really up to you from there though the only real limiting factor you will run into a Gem Links... Summoners are one of the worst for gem starvation. But its nothing a couple decent unset rings cant help out alot with. Theres also Hungry Loop which i tested ALOT this league that works extreamly well if you use them correctly. You can make some really nice 5L Spectres, Zombies, or even Animate Guardian with one of those and only give up a ring slot for a free 5L something which really opens up alot of options for summoners that wasnt there before.

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Feb 25, 2018, 10:27:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info