Mortality Experimenters Should not be able to explode Rare/Unique /boss mobs

Its So utterly ridiculous , ive been doing poorjoys and every few maps its instant 1 shot from off screen the second i kill a unique /rare monster.

I mean im doing pooorjoys with clearspeed to get some experience - do i have to stop every mob and lay down a devouring totem? and then start killing? I cant understand for the love of god why the hell does immortal call cwdt not proc and keeps failing every single time for corpse explosions in poorjoys.

I just don't get it.

there is no indicator or warning or even visibility of them most of the times.

Its these stupid meaningless one shot mechanics that need to just die from the game.

tell me when you are running something for clear speed do you even bother Gimping yourself with overloading and overmaxing fire resists? -
not every build has shatter .

what is the point of 7k life multi layered and capped resists if it cant mitigate a stupid corpse explosion.

its just sneaky , underhanded and cruel

Suggestion:

Even if they did it should not be instant Atleast having those exploding balls that explode after a delay effect would be fair. Atleast you can see that and make an effort to move out of it .
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Feb 24, 2018, 9:57:27 PM
Last bumped on Feb 25, 2018, 5:54:11 PM
Speedrunning poorjoys without capped resistances (??) as a melee character to farm exp. Yeah, nothing wrong here.

Also your character is missing two passive points.
So you just died to a dangerous mechanic and you want it removed.
When I died to Elder Explosion I felt cheated for a second, then I moved on.
When I killed myself in my own hideout with a CI character and a caustic manaflask,
I felt cheated for a second then I moved on.
If you run a map with Experimenters or DD totems in it, you stay away from corpses or pay the price.
Your first instinct may be to call for removing those kinds of things from the game, but imagine
every player would get their way and mechanic after mechanic would get removed.
AFter a while nothing dangerous is left and you´d have a really boring game.
"
Speedrunning poorjoys without capped resistances (??) as a melee character to farm exp. Yeah, nothing wrong here.

what makes you think i do not have capped resists?
Domine Non Es Dignus
"
So you just died to a dangerous mechanic and you want it removed.
When I died to Elder Explosion I felt cheated for a second, then I moved on.
When I killed myself in my own hideout with a CI character and a caustic manaflask,
I felt cheated for a second then I moved on.
If you run a map with Experimenters or DD totems in it, you stay away from corpses or pay the price.
Your first instinct may be to call for removing those kinds of things from the game, but imagine
every player would get their way and mechanic after mechanic would get removed.
AFter a while nothing dangerous is left and you´d have a really boring game.

the whole point of ARPG is to test your skill in reacting to stuff which is visible on your screen
The whole selling point of this fantasy is kill a billion monsters and feel powerful while doing it. if you die to absolutely random shit that you cant even see , how is that not defeating the purpose?

when some sneaky experimenter explodes rare you just killed from off screen what the hell are you even supposed to do?
Domine Non Es Dignus
"
Zinja wrote:
"

what makes you think i do not have capped resists?

Language barrier.

And even if we assume that DD doesn't deal full fire damage (which to my knowledge it does, e.g. IC is useless against it as it only lets you ignore physical damage), IC would only activate AFTER you've taken that explosion damage. Unless you'd get lucky and have IC activate before from different damage source BEFORE corpsplosion happens, you'd still take the full damage from it.
"
Zinja wrote:

the whole point of ARPG is to test your skill in reacting to stuff which is visible on your screen
if you die to absolutely random shit that you cant even see , how is that not defeating the purpose?

when some sneaky experimenter explodes rare you just killed from off screen what the hell are you even supposed to do?

The point is that you recognize which monsters are in the map. You recognize their ability and prepare for it beforehand. You are not supposed to react to it, you are supposed to not step on corpses with lots of HP when Experimenters or DD totems are in the map. And it´s not random. It´s a very avoidable thing. If you can´t do it, equip Bubonic Trail or play a skill that consumes corpses.
I know it doesn´t feel that way, but you died to a totally fair mechanic.

Just answer me honestly, did you stand still near a corpse ? Did you loot ?
Why was there a boss monster dead, or a rare and you stood next to it while the Experimenter had time to Detonate the corpse ? Why weren´t you killing the Experimenter ?
What did you do on top of the corpse ?

It´s your mistake. I´m not trying to gloat, but take responsibility and prepare for this mechanic beforehand.
"
"
Zinja wrote:

if you die to absolutely random shit that you cant even see , how is that not defeating the purpose?

The point is that you recognize which monsters are in the map. You recognize their ability and prepare for it beforehand. You are not supposed to react to it, you are supposed to not step on corpses with lots of HP when Experimenters or DD totems are in the map. And it´s not random. It´s a very avoidable thing. If you can´t do it, equip Bubonic Trail or play a skill that consumes corpses.

Why was there a boss monster dead, or a rare and you stood next to it while the Experimenter had time to Detonate the corpse ? Why weren´t you killing the Experimenter ?

It´s your mistake. I´m not trying to gloat, but take responsibility and prepare for this mechanic beforehand.

Now I don't particularly agree with OP, but you're clueless as fuck as well. PJ experimenters can blow up corpses from about two screens away as long as they got LoS, and if you kill any blues/rares at melee range (OP plays Cleave) you're automatically risking a 1-shot hit. It's just another anti-melee "mechanic" with no way to avoid it.

Then again, trying to farm exp with solo melee in PJ is all about life choices.
"
"
Zinja wrote:

It would be fair game if that was the case

Try chaining poorjoys you will come to understand what happens.

my loots were disabled its the end of the league for pets sake. there was no boss monster , There was no fking experiementer on screen , 1 kill a rare and get 1 shot from offscreen , thats how it happens most of the times. I did not even get the time to see the corpse it was insta gib after instant killing a rare/unique monster.
Domine Non Es Dignus
"
"
"
Zinja wrote:

Now I don't particularly agree with OP, but you're clueless as fuck as well. PJ experimenters can blow up corpses from about two screens away as long as they got LoS, and if you kill any blues/rares at melee range (OP plays Cleave) you're automatically risking a 1-shot hit. It's just another anti-melee "mechanic" with no way to avoid it.

Then again, trying to farm exp with solo melee in PJ is all about life choices.

Anti-Melee "mechanic" , how true , id even talk half of an emelental immortal call that cuts elemental damage taken by half over immortal call that does shit for 1 shots from off screen , atleast
Domine Non Es Dignus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info