Dual Curse question, poss bug?

So my character I am the Eggman is a cyclone dualist lv 79. I have a plus 1 curse amulet. I am able to run both Enfeeble and Vulnerability on maps w/o a problem. Mobs show both curses above their heads so I know (think) it is working correctly.
My problem is both curses show they are running on my bar yet they are greyed out and say "Not Enough Mana" .

What the heck is going on...I have 30 % left over which is all I need. Is this a bug or am I maybe a few levels too low to run 2 curses together? It doesn't seem to be a problem..but it does trigger my ocd...lol not knowing why it is doing this...Help~!!!
Last edited by Badtwo on Feb 24, 2018, 2:52:02 PM
Last bumped on Feb 24, 2018, 3:38:17 PM
"
Badtwo wrote:

My problem is both curses show they are running on my bar yet they are greyed out and say "Not Enough Mana" .

The bolded part is the important part. If it shows they're running and enemies get the curse icons over their heads - you are having no problems.

"
What the heck is going on...I have 30 % left over which is all I need. Is this a bug or am I maybe a few levels too low to run 2 curses together? It doesn't seem to be a problem..but it does trigger my ocd...lol not knowing why it is doing this...Help~!!!

Hopefully this sates your OCD: It says "Not Enough Mana" because it's communicating "Not Enough Mana to Cast it Again" - Casting an Aura involves removing the amount of Mana that it has to reserve, and since you already have it reserved, you'd need 2x the amount of Mana in order to have enough mana to Cast it while already having it Reserved. This is a meaningless bit of info though, as you can't actually cast it again to get twice the benefits. It's just a weakness of the user interface (skill icons) using a standardised formula to calculate things - if it were a spell like Fireball, it would make total sense, because you have to re-cast that all the time, but you don't actually have to re-cast Auras to get their benefit. Hope that helps.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Each Blasphemy Curse reserves 35% of your mana. Thus with two of them you have 70% reserved, or 30% available. The tooltip says "not enough mana" because you don't have 35% of your mana left to activate the curse "again". But there is nothing for you to activate, since a Blasphemy is simply running all the time.

It is just a display oddity; both curses apply to enemies just fine.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Feb 24, 2018, 3:22:30 PM
"
adghar wrote:
"
Badtwo wrote:

The bolded part is the important part. If it shows they're running and enemies get the curse icons over their heads - you are having no problems.

"

Hopefully this sates your OCD: It says "Not Enough Mana" because it's communicating "Not Enough Mana to Cast it Again" - Casting an Aura involves removing the amount of Mana that it has to reserve, and since you already have it reserved, you'd need 2x the amount of Mana in order to have enough mana to Cast it while already having it Reserved. This is a meaningless bit of info though, as you can't actually cast it again to get twice the benefits. It's just a weakness of the user interface (skill icons) using a standardised formula to calculate things - if it were a spell like Fireball, it would make total sense, because you have to re-cast that all the time, but you don't actually have to re-cast Auras to get their benefit. Hope that helps.

Thank you so much this explains it all...very much appreciated!!

"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
Each Blasphemy Curse reserves 35% of your mana. Thus with two of them you have 70% reserved, or 30% available. The tooltip says "not enough mana" because you don't have 35% of your mana left to activate the curse "again". But there is nothing for you to activate, since a Blasphemy is simply running all the time.

It is just a display oddity; both curses apply to enemies just fine.

And again...thank you both very very much!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info