Path of Pokemon - Will you catch them all?

Who will not be playing this league because AOE builds will be inefficient for this league as we have to run around and identify everything before we kill it? Unless I am sadly mistaken, this will exponentially slow down natural game progression to the point where it feels futile.

From the posts I have read by GGG about the new league, it appears there will be three types of players this next league:

1) Those who do not engage in the league content at all, but own the economy because they are the ones who got to endgame first.

2) Those who will participate in the new league content, but unable to afford a really good build until about mid league when they have caught up to the speed farmers.

3) Not playing this league.

Which are you?

Personally, I am undecided, but if I have to crawl the content throwing nets on everything, I will probably skip this league.
Last bumped on Feb 24, 2018, 1:13:04 PM
I'll do 40/40 rq than in most cases probably forget about the mechanic however my crew estimates that those rare beast that you can sell will likely sell pretty high so we're going to likely continue doing Pokemon in the rare shit obviously.

Not sure how long I will last this league entire goal is kill uber elder 902042040 times make a build with it do stupid shit usual 40/40.

Personally when my shit is done it will feel like standard that ain't fun.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
4) Play the game at my own pace, enjoy the parts of the league that I get to do, and not worry about competing with others in a single-player game with trading.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Feb 24, 2018, 11:31:16 AM
I’ll do things ar my own pace because this isn’t a race. I guess my answer is 2.
I'm going 3) for SSF reasons. I've got a few items from Abyss that I'd like to build characters around that I wouldn't have the chance to if I didn't take time off to play standard every once and a while. Also, I've got tons of time June-Sept being a teacher so I think I'll be better suited to dedicate more time to what ever the next league would bring and having it be "fresh" will make it all the more fun. Hope they have something planned for that.
Guess I'm 2 as I'll find some cookiecutter shit build and do end game after maybe 4 weeks while simultaneously attempting at least 37/40 and having some kind of family/ social life.

Sure it'd be nice to have a guild of bitchbois so we can pool resources and rule the economy but having two kids means that I won't really win any nolife awards in game.

PS: fuck end game grind liches with a hot poker, shit was buggy for 1 and 1/2 months this makes me salty AF.
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on Feb 24, 2018, 12:09:30 PM
"
pr13st wrote:
Sure it'd be nice to have a guild of bitchbois so we can pool resources and rule the economy

"
but having two kids

You see two problems, I see a problem and a solution :D
i did 40/40 in the last two leagues, but will likely skip this one. depends on challenge list and final patch notes, but so far it looks not interesting.
2 here. Mess around with some of my own builds, then find a good one to get me into high tier maps, maybe even finally try a shaper run.

I'm not sure how much I'll dedicate to hunting down the beasts, I'm really really hoping that there's some lore tied to them and the numbers you catch, since hunting that stuff down will be a great motivator to grab them all personally. If not, well, the crafting options seem fun to explore for a while atleast.

And if all else fails and they don't nerf poets too hard, gonna buy two of those and laugh my head off clearing everything forever :D
Probably going 3).
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info