Drop chance of shelder items?

As shaped & elder (shelder) items drop in rare rarity, is their drop chance affected by player's rarity/quantity? Map rarity/quantity? Or is it a unique mechanic like talismans and player has no effect over it (like Talisman rarity is not affected by player)? In short, can player affect shelder item crop rate or not? Does anyone know for sure?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2018, 1:46:26 PM
From my own experience, I would say that quantity affects them, but not sure about rarity, since rarity is hard to notice anyway.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
unconfirmed reports yet but it is 99% likely that rarity affects "shelder" items, and that is because they need to be rare in order to generate as them
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
it may be selective bias but running rarity gem does seem to improve chances of getting shaper item from guardians
Last edited by Aetherium on Feb 26, 2018, 1:24:57 PM
Running maps with increased rarity of items would mean rares are more likely to drop, so you'd see more Elder/Shaper items in the end. As far as I can tell, a rare item that drops has a fixed chance of being an Influenced item (and you can't change that chance), so the more rares that drop, the more Influenced items you may see.
It doesn't make a bit of difference, guys. The balls are inert.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info