Trade prices are so dumb. This needs to change!!

Hey guys!

I came here to write down my feelings about the trade market and the community on Xbox.
Both of them are utter crap.
First, prices. I've read about a build here which uses lioneye's fall and inspired learning. Cool, i tought, lets check the prices on poe.trade. Lioneye's fall, abyss league. 45-50c. Cool, i tought, i just farmed 50c in a week. (Farmed, because i have 2 stash tabs public for selling full of uniques but since i bought the tabs i sold like 2 pieces of equipment for 4c!! 2 weeks and i haven't sold anything. And i sell everything for 1-2c from the not-so good uniques).
Turned my xb1 one, logged in and searched for the gem. 3-5 EXALTS. WTF?!!
There was one guy selling who didn't say a price just to "offer". So i offered my 50c. I got a reject response with a kind message: Broke scrub GTFO.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FCK?!

I don't even get started on the inspired learning. 10-15 EXALTS. Srsly???!

Windripper: 5EX with 1-2 sockets. 6L ones for 15-20EX.

How the hell am i supposed to get all this currency? I play 3-4 hours a day, doing nothing but running maps, picking up literally everything which is worth 1c. And i managed to get 50c since i started playing like 3 weeks ago.

Something needs to be changed for real. Right now i fricking hate this game because i keep playing but dont see a point why. I cant farm anything i need (rng based loot is crap), even when i get uniques i cant sell anything, even when the miracle happens and i sell something i cant buy anything from it because the NOT SCRUB RICH ppl are so greedy.
Last bumped on Apr 3, 2018, 1:40:37 PM
There are two sides, there are few coin flippers that are fucking up the market so much that im just ignoring trades.
Second part is that theese prices are actually fair, you see its more likely that you will find 10 exalts before you find windripper + the lion gem.

In order to get what you "need" then you gotta give equal back to the seller, besides chaos orbs are far more useful then exalts.
Chaos is needed like wtf for maps and jewels, exalts is just used to buy high cost items.

Last thing you should do is to make a build around very rare items with a small community 😎 besides windripper is extreme trash to learn the game with.
Lion bow is the best noob starter bow in the game, its super strong and equally cheap.
Lion bow got dumped on because of its history, you could not dodge reflect and i even think it could not crit, that shit lives on in the bow, but its good if you want a super strong phys bow ceap.
Yes, there are bad actors out there, and yes, the high prices relative to the PC market are discouraging - but my gut feel is that prices being typically higher on Xbox is a reality based phenomenon. Perhaps there are not yet enough accomplished players producing high value items; perhaps the presumed lack of farm bots chokes off master crafting (and hence the ability to tackle higher level content). Who knows? But I suspect that higher prices will at best only fade, and may in fact be the only thing motivating the accomplished players to keep providing that sought after gear. If prices were too high for the current supply/demand situation, then one would expect the Trade Board to be eventually flooded with over priced and hence unsold high end gear. I don't see this at the really high end and in the middle, over supply seems to eventually cause prices to drop - never soon enough of course.

A note on the six link pricing: I expect that adding a six link to the mix is always going to cost several exalts on quality gear. The fixed cost for a guaranteed six link is 1500 fuses via master crafting. Some may feel that gambling (actually applying the fuses) leads to better outcomes, but the guaranteed cost is 1500 fuses. There is reason to believe that the market cost of a six link in exalts should track in some way the market cost of fuses in exalts. A cost of 15 exalts in price for including a six link works out to 100 fuses per exalt. In fact, the less fuses one gets for an exalt (and fuses are obtainable by players of all skill levels), the higher the price of a six link in exalts will likely be. Until something drives up the availability of fuses, I expect six link to cost several exalts.

If you want to get "rich", adopt a proven plan (google is your friend here). This is advice that I am not yet prepared to take myself - I still want to play in a style that I consider fun. But I am really losing hope that I will ever be able to afford a Starforge on Xbox by just having fun.

I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Last edited by AnExile_onthePath on Feb 23, 2018, 1:46:18 PM
You play "wrong". With a cheap mf char and only playing maps you can easily do 25 C / hour. With an shaped and blocked atlas you can do 200 C / hour ;)

Furthermore 3-5 Ex for a windripper is normal. Whoudl be the same on PC if there would't be so much players and bots.
Last edited by frky on Feb 23, 2018, 12:52:58 PM
Before I start let me give some credentials. I played this league on XBOX a lot. I currently have around 200 exalt worth of currency and around 300 e if you include items. I was the first to reach many maps this season too. I have had no trouble selling unique items for large amounts of currency and I almost always undercut everybody. I sold, and bought, all my items for XBOX prices. I promise you these items are selling.

The complaints about pricing on Xbox are unwarranted. People complaining don't know how a free market works. Looking on Poe.Trade for a relative price to an item is a good idea but it will usually not be what the item is worth on XBOX. First, our league starts two weeks after PC so to accurately see what an item is worth you need to look at what the item cost 2 WEEKS ago on PC. Second, we have 1/50th of the population of PC so items are worth more because there are less. Third, the XBOX population is not as good at the game because we have not been playing for five years.

The XBOX population is still learning how to play the game so very few people are reaching endgame and even fewer are farming it early (which means nice profit for those who do).

It is simply supply and demand, on PC there are 50 Starforges to pick from at any given time and on Xbox you would be lucky to have a selection of 5. This means items retain their price for longer and really rare uniques will cost a lot more and retain their value for most of the season.

If you really want to see what rare uniques are worth on Xbox I suggest looking at poe.price because they give a graph showing what the item was worth at the beginning of the league. I would look at what an item is worth close to the beginning of the league for how much it will be worth on XBOX.

It all works out because when YOU get a really rare unique drop you get a lot more currency too.

The biggest issue is that people are mis-pricing currency which means a lot of currency just sits there instead of getting exchanged. I admit this does annoy me but if people want to sell they will have to change their prices. Using our economy as an example: 4 quarters will always equal a dollar and just because the price of corn doubled doesn't mean the price of quarters is now worth more relative to the dollar. I see a lot of currency items being mis-priced and I assume not sold like a chisel can never be worth more than 2-1 chaos.

All that being said we do have some things worth less too. Because good rare items are so hard to search for they are worth less or the same as on PC. Also the really high end items are worth around the same (like HeadHunter ETC.).

Anyway I hope this helps I am trying to find a good place to put a well thought out post about how the XBOX market works.

I have the feeling that a lot XBOX user don't know how to price rare items
"
frky wrote:
I have the feeling that a lot XBOX user don't know how to price rare items

A rather large amount of the Xbox playerbase doesn't understand pricing at all. I regularly see people who think that their Goldrim is worth 10+ ex, or that 1 chaos orb they got is on par with a Mirror.

Of course, the low priced, good rares are a godsend, but sometimes it's not worth the spent having to try and explain to someone in 50 letters or less that; "No, your Corrupted, 1 socket Wanderlust is not worth 240c, even if Mathil & Zizaran used them on yesterday's stream".

It's very hit & miss trading with people who don't quite get the game. Personally I feel it leans more towards general greed & lack of knowledge of the game. The occasional really good deal does make it somewhat less tiresome though.
I had a person constantly sending me 1ex offers for my 6l belly. They said "your price is dumb I bought a lvl 52 6l armor for less yesterday" No matter how many times I tried to explain how sought after the belly is they could not wrap their head around how it could be possible if it was only a lvl 46 chest.

Another example was when I was selling a Energy from within jewel I had a person bugging me to trade for a Energized armor jewel.The logic was "well they both do the same thing but one transforms armor and the other energy shield" I had to explain till i was blue in the face that one is much more sought after and a much rarer drop and they didn't understand how that could be.

A lot of it is just the immense learning curve that is POE.I also think that's why certain items end up getting priced so high when they have no business doing so.One guy gets it as a drop, has no idea the value and to make sure they are not giving it away for nothing because they don't know its value they put it up for 5ex.Now the next person sees this and follows suit and so on and so on.Now its to the point that its going to take 30-40 to show up on the board before it starts to drop to its true accurate value.

One thing im guilty of is if I have a certain item that has a high value, but im on the fence if I want to part with it, I will set it to a price that's much higher than I would usually let it go for because its my "do not want to sell price,but if you meet it I will sell it" I have driven the price up on ceratin items from doing this and ive seen it happen. I was the first this league to put a Xophs up and I set it to 20 ex just because I really didn't want to sell it but I figured well if someone meets that I have no choice. The next 3 that have come up since have been put up for 18-17-16 and last league you could get one for 12 and im convinced its from the price I set as a precedent. It was unintentional but its things like this that pushing items up.

I really believe that it will eventually level out to a more rational economy but I must admit its going that route a lot slower than I had expected. If any thing it might be getting worse.

Theres other reasons I think the prices are so high but that's a big enough wall of text as it is so ill just leave it be for now lol
Went back to the PC version, no point playing Xbox . 10-20EX avg prices or 250 Chaos orbs , no thanx.....
Browsing the auction nobody is buying with these prices.
There's substantially fewer amounts of each item in the xbox version; they're rarer. That's how a free market works. People price however they want. Good thing is, if you farm and find items yourself you get to sell them for high too.

With that said. I honestly don't see any of these 'absurd' prices that people are claiming. Most items seem to be about 2 exalts more expensive, with a few exceptions like headhunters etc. The trade board is awesome, GGG knew what they were doing by making there be no overly specific stat searches like Poe trade has. The trade board has just enough search variables to make it not too frustrating to use, but not too easy to find the best gear either.

Obviously, if you don't like this and want then play on PC :)
Hey peeps, it's a me, rangerDanger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info