What is the point of Pathfinder?

I still don't get why this ascendancy exists. Flasks are already always up, they don't need the help. You just get a series of generic buffs "during flask effect" which is...100% of the time.

The most common response I get is that it's supposed to be a 'general' ascendancy. Wasn't the whole point of this series of reworks to "give them identity" and "make them unique." Doesn't the whole premise of an identity-less general ascendancy go against that?

Until flasks stop being so strong and ubiquitous in their own right, Pathfinder just doesn't seem to have a real place.
Last bumped on Feb 25, 2018, 11:30:15 AM
you earn it so you can get flying on all of your guys
I dont see any any key!
it exist to troll pvp players
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
more and more items are being introduced that potentiate skills with flask uptime. pathfinders were viable before this. now when used correctly will be OP

i am too lazy of a POE player to use flasks to their full potential and i imagine it takes a great deal of practise
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
Pathfinder's only purpose is to amplify the effects of elemental flasks(for max resists)/dying sun(1 more projectile) and jade flasks for use with qotf.

It's hard to understand why so many players whine about this class when it has such a narrow purpose.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I'm surprised people whine about this class to begin with. In my eyes always one of the strongest, maybe people just don't understand the class other than "flasks lul."
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
I'm surprised people whine about this class to begin with. In my eyes always one of the strongest, maybe people just don't understand the class other than "flasks lul."

No one is claiming it's not one of the strongest. The OP didn't say anything that would make me think they don't think the class is strong.

They just... don't think that "flasks" are a reasonable "identity", since literally everyone uses flasks.

And I'm inclined to agree. If anything it seems like "flasks" as an identity would make more sense for scion than for ranger, since scion is the "everything" class.

With that said, I don't dislike Pathfinder at all and I don't actively want it overhauled. I'm glad they're buffing other ascendancies to try to be slightly more in line with Pathfinder's high power level.
Last edited by codetaku on Feb 22, 2018, 3:44:35 PM
Anyone can have block, but Gladiator can have better block.

Anyone can use flasks, but Pathfinder can have better flask effect and uptime, and also an elemental immunity which allow you to use more unique flasks.

It is strong identity. Not everyone can sustain alchemist's quicksilver all the time.

Pathfinder is good, it requires really much currency to start working.
"
codetaku wrote:
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

No one is claiming it's not one of the strongest. The OP didn't say anything that would make me think they don't think the class is strong.

They just... don't think that "flasks" are a reasonable "identity", since literally everyone uses flasks.

And I'm inclined to agree. If anything it seems like "flasks" as an identity would make more sense for scion than for ranger, since scion is the "everything" class.

With that said, I don't dislike Pathfinder at all and I don't actively want it overhauled. I'm glad they're buffing other ascendancies to try to be slightly more in line with Pathfinder's high power level.

EVERYONE USES crit! THEREFOR IT HAS NO Identity

LOL

rly

Assassin focuses on crit / poison but everyone can do it right?
Pathfinder focuses on flask but everyone can do it right?

HaHAA
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 22, 2018, 3:55:20 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
Pathfinder's only purpose is to amplify the effects of elemental flasks(for max resists)/dying sun(1 more projectile) and jade flasks for use with qotf.

It's hard to understand why so many players whine about this class when it has such a narrow purpose.

lolwut

- Lion's Roar/Taste of Hate/Atziri's for moar damage
- Divination Distillate for MF
- Wise Oak for ele pen
- Rumi's for block
- Vinktar's for fucking everything

Unique flasks are OP because they were never designed around 100% uptime, PF takes it to the next level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info