Bug: Item Filter Issues w/ workaround, Map Display Issue, QoL suggestion-Display

Bug: Sometimes, the Item Filter will filter out all drops or, at times, irregularly filter out drops it shouldn't. (Am using the second entry in the drop-down for the Item Filter setting, at the moment.)

Fix/Workaround: Leaving and then re-entering the zone generally fixes this problem.

Possibly related: When I first noticed that there was an item-filter drop-down, I scrolled through the settings, but I didn't choose one. I made sure that the setting still showed the same default filter it had when I first started the game. However, even though no filter setting was currently showing other than the default, the game began acting as if I had selected one of the filters. Attempting to correct it by selecting the default setting had no effect. So, I set it to the second entry in the drop-down list and left it there.

Possibly related Bug: Some items, like scrolls and, sometimes, non-magical items, will not show up at all when they're dropped, no matter if the Item Filter is temporarily suspended (Pushing down on Left Stick) or not. However, revisiting the area where the dropped item occurred, whether one leaves and re-enters the map or one just gets far enough away and returns to the area where the drop occurred seems to refresh the drop and it will then appear. I frequently return to areas in a map where a large amount of drops have likely occurred just to check to be sure I didn't miss any needed scrolls. Maybe a bug due to lag/server issues/filter idiosyncrasies?

(Workaround - Returning to the area after having gone a far enough distance away to cause a refresh will reveal the drops. They will show up with or without the filter at this point. (ie: Unfiltered scrolls will show up properly both indicated by the filter or if one suspends the filter.)

Bug/Feature not working: Attempting to customize my map overlay display using the controls for "Terrain" etc does nothing. There is no effect on the overlay at all using either of the sliders. (Using Xbox One S, 1080p SmartTV)

QoL- Display/Dynamic Resolution: There are times, especially when an Abyssal opens up, where there is so much happening on the screen that the dynamic resolution kicks in using what must be an "Extreme Mode." Because dark terrain and collision-objects and collision-object ground-clutter can block a player's path, it can be sometimes too difficult to play effectively against such odds. One simply can't see what's going on and can't easily find a decent path into or out of danger. Compounding the issue can be item drop display panes, which generally are shown in sharp, bright, relief. This has a physical effect on the eye in that it makes it even more difficult to pick up dark terrain/mob features that are now in low relief. The result is a "dark soup" of "stuff happening" with bright spots that overlay everything and I find that I generally just end up looking at the target indicator and mini-map to try to find my way through the scrum, ignoring all the hard work your artists may have tried to put into the visual effects occurring on the screen. :) (Think about trying to see a dark winding road with an oncoming car that has very bright headlights. It's the same effect.)

Possible, helpful, workaround: Can you reduce the brightness, temporarily, during dynamic resolution changes, of the item drop namecard indicators? In dark maps with many drops and dynamic res, it's just not possible to see the terrain or other features, no matter one's own "light-level" from gear.

Possible fix: Increasing the light-level slightly from the player's position, as in some small multiple, may provide enough contrast for the player to see a bit better during heavy dynamic resolution changes. (ie: Slightly increase the player PoV light level in-step with dynamic res and then return it to normal once dynamic res begins to return to normal res.
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2018, 11:43:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info