Question for Molten Strike: DPS Magma Balls in Path of Bilding

Good morning. I dont understand the calculation of the dps for the Magma Balls in Path of Building. Do it show the dps for every single ball?
For example: When I remove the enchantment "3 additional Molten Strike Projectiles" from the helmet, the dps don't chance. Neither for Melee Hit, nor for Magma Balls.
As well, when I remove the two Wildfire with 4 additional projectiles and place "Murderous Eye Jewel" instead, the dps increase massively. So why do guides recommend Wildfire because of the additional projectiles, instead of Murderous Eye?
If PoB show the dps for every single ball, it would make sense, otherwise, I dont get the point.
Could someone please help?
"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." - Stephen McCranie
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2018, 9:50:00 AM
Tooltip DPS for MS is terribly inaccurate, but each Orb does X Damage, and with things like Conc Effect and overlapping of Orbs, you're adding that X damage more each time an orb hits.

There's been a ton of discussion and guides for it, so load it into PoB and google MS damage calculation for a better explanation.
It's better to be Lucky, than Good
Last edited by Outt on Feb 22, 2018, 8:54:11 AM
"
juyevon wrote:
Good morning. I dont understand the calculation of the dps for the Magma Balls in Path of Building. Do it show the dps for every single ball?
For example: When I remove the enchantment "3 additional Molten Strike Projectiles" from the helmet, the dps don't chance. Neither for Melee Hit, nor for Magma Balls.
As well, when I remove the two Wildfire with 4 additional projectiles and place "Murderous Eye Jewel" instead, the dps increase massively. So why do guides recommend Wildfire because of the additional projectiles, instead of Murderous Eye?
If PoB show the dps for every single ball, it would make sense, otherwise, I dont get the point.
Could someone please help?

PoB shows the damage per second per ball.

If you want to assume that every ball will hit a target (which might or might not be the case depending on various factors), multiply the DPS per ball by the number of balls.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Feb 22, 2018, 9:04:20 AM
Thank you. That helped a lot. :-)
"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." - Stephen McCranie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info