Elder influence achievement

I was doing an elder influenced map, did not have guardians in it by the way, abyss depths spawned with the liche music.

So i decided to switch chars cos my current char wasnt a very good boss killer.

After i beat the liche and returned to the map i completed it and beat the boss without reloggin to the previous char.

Once finished i checked my atlas to select another elder map to advance the 300 elder influenced maps, and did catch my eye that the map i just completed was still under elder influence, and my counter of elder influenced maps had advanced 1 more point.

I repeated the process on 2 more distinct maps, began the map with 1 character, then switch char (50 or more monsters and boss alive), then killed boss with a second character.

All 3 times, the elder achievement advanced as normal, but the map retained its elder influence.

I am just below 20 maps to finish the achievement so it is now of little consecuence to me, but the need to do shaper maps first to get elder influenced maps makes this 'bug' very profitable to farm elder maps and get the achievement faster.

Maybe this problem its related to the fact that if you switch chars in the elder fight you do not get its drops even if you beat it.

Last bumped on Feb 27, 2018, 12:52:27 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Hello there =]

Under normal circumstances, the only case where an elder-influenced map stays influenced after completion, is when you have both of these conditions fullfilled :
- Removing that map from your elder's influence would cause it to be cut in multiple pieces.
and
- The cut would cause elder and/or his guardians to become separated (not on the same piece).
Of course, since elder and his friends are always allocated contiguously, that also implies that the map you completed was previously occupied by a guardian.

Do you remember if that was your case ? or at least if you had elder|guardians near those maps ?
And yes, that can be profitable, and you can achieve crazy things with it (like having permanent influence on up to 29 maps).
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Last edited by xhul on Feb 21, 2018, 11:01:10 PM
No, the maps were mineral pools, residence and crystal ore, as in the image.

I have already cleansed elder influence on some of them but their position was in the borders of elder influenced area, and mineral and residence had adjacent shaper influence.
You might accidentally have found a way to cancel the map completion, as far as influence is concerned.
You mentioned earlier that there was abyssal depths, was that the case for all the maps where that happened ?
Interesting. I wonder if this is an unintended side effect of the flag requiring you to kill the Elder/Guardian with the same character that started the map to get loot dropped from/credit for killing him.
It doesn't make a bit of difference, guys. The balls are inert.
Only the first map (minerals pools) had an abysal depths.

"
yajinden wrote:
Only the first map (minerals pools) had an abysal depths.

Alright, so we can exclude that from the things that cause the behaviour.
If i unlock enough time, i'm gonna try to reproduce it.
In the mean time, it would be kind if you could answer a few questions, which would allow us to isolate the most we can :
1 - If i understood well, you opened map with A, switched to B, and completed map with B, right ?
2 - The maps where it happened were just influenced, not occupied, right ?
3 - When that happened, were elder & guardians always present on your Atlas ?
4 - Apart from the character change, do you by any chance remember if the maps had something significant worth mentioning ?

"
Interesting. I wonder if this is an unintended side effect of the flag requiring you to kill the Elder/Guardian with the same character that started the map to get loot dropped from/credit for killing him.

That might potentially be related, that's what i thought.
However, i refuse to accept that only the character change causes that, since it would have been too easy to achieve by accident, and abused long ago.
Last edited by xhul on Feb 22, 2018, 5:32:24 PM
1 - If i understood well, you opened map with A, switched to B, and completed map with B, right ?

Yes, the situation was as this:

Already got 300 shaper maps done, but still a lot of elder influenced maps to complete.

Clearing Mineral Pools with char A, and one abyss depths spawned, I entered depths with A and the liche music began, cant remember if relogged inside the abyss depths or once i returned to the surface, i think the last. I picked char B to easy kill liche. Once finished depths i returned to the surface with char B and completed the Mineral Pools.
Relogged to char A and opened my Atlas and still showed elder influence over Mineral Pools.
Checked challenge advance and got 1 more point towards Elder influence achievement.

Repeated the process on 2 more maps, to check the bug, but without abyss depths spawning.

2 - The maps where it happened were just influenced, not occupied, right ?

Correct. The maps where just influenced.

3 - When that happened, were elder & guardians always present on your Atlas ?

Yes, i had 4 elder guardians and elder present on my atlas to ensure once i cleared all non-occupied elder influenced maps i could start again.

4 - Apart from the character change, do you by any chance remember if the maps had something significant worth mentioning ?

Not that i remember, they where just maps on the edge of elder influence on the atlas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info