[3.2] Dual Poets poison Assassin concept

Hey everyone!

After seeing the reveal of the Assassin ascendancy today, I was hooked immediately and started theorycrafting on a poison build.

My idea was to utilize Dual Poet's Pen with Frenzy/Bladefall/Blade Vortex to generate massive ammounts of poison stacks to have descent clearspeed due to heavy AoE on Vortex/Bladefall with DoT and great liferegen throught the overhauled Toxic Delivery node.
Tree would be pretty standard poison/phys-orientated: Entropy, Fangs of the Viper, Coldhearted Calculation, Assassination, Growth and Decay, Force Shaper, Perfect Agony, Toxic Strikes, Dirty Techniques, True Strike, Heartseeker and Phase Acrobatics alongside with 173% Life from tree, 2 frenzy charges and 3 jewel Slots on lvl 90 (4 Slot possible on Level 95, potential +21%/28% life there) along side with 100% chance to poison, ~50% effective crit chance and 230% multi without ascendancy nodes and basically no gear equipped in PoB.

Ascendancy would be Ambush and Assassination -> Noxiuos Strike -> Toxic Delivery -> Opportunistic.

With dual Poet's Pen, Dendrobate, Snakebite and Maligaro's Cruelty as required uniques.

Buffing the build with Haste, Vaal Haste, Blood Rage and Blasphemy+Temp.Chains.

PoB does somehow only Support DPS calcs up to 10 poison stacks, but with ~6 AS and dual Poet's Pen, I should easily archieve ~20 poison stacks per second, espacially on bossfight, when Blade Vortex has it's full 20 stacks (should go up to like 60+ posion stacks per second there) and therefore could archieve massive DoT-DPS.

I only played a poison build ones, and that was some time ago. If anyone more experienced could give my idea some thought and productive Input, I would greatly appreciate it!
Maybe my idea is complete garbage and some Standard Wasps Nest/Biscos/whatever Approach would be better, I don't know. I just like builds outside the box, so I thought of this concept^^

Greetz

Last bumped on Mar 11, 2018, 7:29:29 PM
I don't see the point. There is 12311531312 better ways to generate tons of poison procs (we are talking 100/s per target, here), so I don't see the added value of poet pens.

Ps: Blade vortex is doing 5 poison procs per second at max stacks. Period. Not 60 or something.
Last edited by Keyen on Feb 21, 2018, 5:05:02 PM
"
Keyen wrote:

Ps: Blade vortex is doing 5 poison procs per second at max stacks. Period. Not 60 or something.

Wasn't aware of that, thanks. Well, I don't want to play Quill Rain Tornado Shot or something, so I was looking for something different.
It's not about "is there a better way" but more about "would it work to reach endgame stuff".
As mentioned, I'm not sure about poison stuff and just wanted some hints.
I was contemplating a poet's pen assassin all crit. That way I can just stack increased crit damage in the poet's pens for whatever attack it is. Could be fun.

Not sure there's a reasoning for using poison however, as I just don't think the stacks would be fast enough.
"
Keyen wrote:
I don't see the point. There is 12311531312 better ways to generate tons of poison procs (we are talking 100/s per target, here), so I don't see the added value of poet pens.

What are the better ways to generate procs? Can you give some examples that come to mind?

also:How is blade vortex only doing 5 procs a second?
Last edited by dantven on Mar 1, 2018, 9:59:11 PM
why not bladefall and kinetic blast or power siphon,
https://pastebin.com/WLciwMMB

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info