So what about Standard League?

"
PrinceNiels wrote:
What I dont get ..

Why have 2 leagues??

Why not have ONE league, where every 3 months you add NEW content too..

Harbringer -> Abyss -> Pokemons.

Just have 1 league.. with players and add new content to that.

i guess its prob alot of reasons...

1. monetisation

2. ladders and ranking

3. separating the non-lifers vs the casuals

4. beta-testing new features

5. leveling the playing field between old birds and new birds

6. provides a sense of "hype" and "fashion"
34pre98qua
because most people want the item wipe, ladder reset, full fresh start.

They add new content to standard roughly every 3 months, abyss will be added to standard when pokemon starts, pokemon will probably be added when the next league starts.
"
Mal_function wrote:
I play SSF, so I never get many league specific uniques or items. Or, when I do find something, I don't get time to build around the item by the time the league does end.

So, Standard is where I really get to build around what I find.

I actually find it bizarre to play for maximum three months, maybe find an interesting item in the last week, and then just trash it all a few days later. What's the point? The ultimate in throw-away society...

I kinda get that - i have so many remove only tabs in stdrd that im not into it at all. But eventually maby in future it all will be useful for something.

Honestly i could use a vendor ful stack instead of just one per click - it would give me some sort of motivation to begin with cleaning with strd but right now all those scrolls.... <shivers>
Yea what about it?

Wait, what?
"
stkmro wrote:
"
PrinceNiels wrote:
What I dont get ..

Why have 2 leagues??

Why not have ONE league, where every 3 months you add NEW content too..

Harbringer -> Abyss -> Pokemons.

Just have 1 league.. with players and add new content to that.

i guess its prob alot of reasons...

1. monetisation

2. ladders and ranking

3. separating the non-lifers vs the casuals

4. beta-testing new features

5. leveling the playing field between old birds and new birds

6. provides a sense of "hype" and "fashion"

They do have that - it is called Standard.

The Leagues are, in some ways, a testing ground for new content. Sometimes they add it to Standard (and therefore all the Leagues following, as Standard is the base on which a new League is built), sometimes it is OP and not added, sometimes parts of it are added or it is added with lower drop rates/chance of occurrence.

To the OP:

As said, if you play very casually, or wish to continue to end game without the "race to the finish" leagues add, then play Standard. If you like the fresh start, play League.

Personally, I do both now, although only recently did I start playing in Standard regularly.

Word of warning - Standard has low population so if you like group play it can be problematic. Pop is low enough you are typically in General Chat 1 on login. Turn off that chat, it is the most toxic, pedantic shit you will ever see. You will thank me later.
"
PrinceNiels wrote:
Hey :)

As you might dicover from my previous posts I am still a very new player.
So far I've quite enjoyed POE and its challenging playstyle.

With the new league coming up I was wondering what happens to the Abyss League. I think those characters will migrate to the Standard League?

Do people still play in the Standard League at all or is everyone going to be playing in the POkemon league? I finally made it to endgame (abyss) and I am rather worried my character is gonna be migrated to a dusty shelf server that nobody plays with no economy. ..

So should I just play the new league when it comes out and ''start over'' or is there still life left on Standard league?

hey man... i just wanna add one more thing...

it is precisely that standard is permanent and things dun get deleted, tats why u see me spending so much money on this game...

if it's gonna be like... oh things on standard gets deleted or server gets reset on standard everything 3 mths and everything gets deleted... its unlikely i will spend much or anything at all...

also... leagues has many pple playing becos after 3 months, all ur items get moved to standard...

if thing r gonna be like... end of league, everything gets deleted and nothing is moved to standard... i doubt there will be as many pple playing on league as there r nao...

just some thoughts....
34pre98qua

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info