So what about Standard League?

Standard?

Aint that the place where our pixel toons go when they die?

O.o
Life goes by like a fart in the wind.
i'm one of those outliers who actually like to play in standard, but i'll do it only for a day or two in the week, even when i'm otherwise really into playing a league. or, when the league bores the living p00p outta me or (like in abyss) i just couldn't get into it for various reasons (having to miss out due to travel, etc). and i like playing with my legacy and other gear i accrued over the years :P

and while it is a bit more difficult to party-up or trade in standard, it's not impossible.

ooh! 'member when PoE was good and fun? i 'member!
It's not "dead"... more than a quarter of the player base sticks to it. They're just not as prevalent on the forums.
Remove only tabs are very very annoying. I just keep currency and very good items. Then delete char
no one cares about dumpster league
"
PrinceNiels wrote:
Meh
I kinda feel my character is a waste of time now.
I literally JUST hit endgame last week (doing tier 5 maps now)..

Dont feel like starting over and tring to get some good gear again.
But if the Standard League is dead as you people say then I dont know lol!

standard is alive and well, many players play a combination of standard and temp leagues. if you want to take your time developing your chars and original build concepts without feeling forced to play the current meta or getting screwed by bad rng.

temp leagues are great if you want to test out new mechanics that may not ever make it to the core game and to get new gear much cheaper than it would cost when it comes to standard, but they're not for everyone.
"
PrinceNiels wrote:

But if the Standard League is dead as you people say then I dont know lol!

It's not dead at all. Of course, it's not as "alive" as the first three weeks of a new league, but it's still populated enough. Come over to our guild, we have several active standard players. Just whisper me if you're interested.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I always keep my standard shops open, Ive made about 440 exalts and 11,000+ chaos there since the start of abyss league from selling items. So no one cares, no one plays there, theres no economy... well thats my income in standard over the last 2.5 months so Ill let you decide if that points to a dead economy or not.

A lot of the really big players, the top 0.001% moneymen go to leagues, smash the new economy for a couple of weeks and just pile up their riches to take back to standard. People say its just for casuals with no time... well the people who are the most intense players who grind for days without sleep tend to be playing leagues purely for standard league wealth.

This is where youre gonna struggle with standards economy, for a new player who has nothing its a hard economy to get a foothold in cause youre swimming with really, really big fish, 5 years fat whove just been gobbling up money all that time.

I wouldnt play the game without standard, I got no interest in stuff that disapears after a few months and it all starts again. But I play in every league, and as a new player until you start to build up the sort of stuffs that only comes with time youll find it much easier to make a few $$ in a league environment. If you want to keep playing all your characters long term then go for it, thats what standard is there for, and after a month or so theres no difference between a league and standard outside of the leagues new mods, the economy is essentially the same thing. Your window for being able to sell the sort of low tier junk youre gonna find in early endgame is that first 3-4 weeks of a league. Outside of that window in time just play whatever you want, go back to standard and play older characters, it rly doesnt matter.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Feb 21, 2018, 5:30:15 PM
Well if it's the first time you get to the endgame then u won't loose much by starting over again in the new league. If you don't enjoy it's mechanics or the rewards for challenges then it's not a bad idea to play std, economy is certainly not the same, and unless you have some OP endgame stuff most of your items will be worthless junk compared to what people have there. You can ignore all of that though and just care about what you have and play it SSF style just with a bit of trading here and there.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
no one cares about dumpster league

Found the coward hiding behind an alt account on the forum.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info