So what about Standard League?

Hey :)

As you might dicover from my previous posts I am still a very new player.
So far I've quite enjoyed POE and its challenging playstyle.

With the new league coming up I was wondering what happens to the Abyss League. I think those characters will migrate to the Standard League?

Do people still play in the Standard League at all or is everyone going to be playing in the POkemon league? I finally made it to endgame (abyss) and I am rather worried my character is gonna be migrated to a dusty shelf server that nobody plays with no economy. ..

So should I just play the new league when it comes out and ''start over'' or is there still life left on Standard league?
Last bumped on Feb 25, 2018, 3:06:21 AM
Leagues are better because of the fresh economy and the sexcitement of new content. Standard is more for more chilled gameplay if you're interested in getting to the endgame through easy mode. Standard is quite underpopulated as well, especially early in the leagues.

I personally see no reason whatsoever to play Standard after playing leagues.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Feb 21, 2018, 2:32:33 PM
std is mainly for crafters and people who only play a few hours per week. if you can afford 10+ hours a week to play youd be better off in the league. if you play only 2 hours a week dont bother and stay in std
bring back the state of the game in 1.3 vaults of atziri patch
Plenty of people play in standard. OTOH, some new mechanics are only available in the temporary leagues.

Choose your poison, but standard is definitely not completely ignored.
It's entirely a personal choice. Do what makes you happy. I suggest doing a little bit of both, start a new char in the next league when it starts and if you want to play the league char then do, and if you feel like playing your old standard char the do that. Eventually you'll figure it out for yourself.
I play both, the leagues mechanic/content wise are not that drastically different minus the new gimmick, the biggest pro to the league is theres a massive amount of goods to buy, and everyone responds on poe.goods for atleast the 1st 2 months of league whereas on standard the 1st 20 people on every single thing on poe.goods will ignore you, it takes 30 minutes to buy a stick of gum.
It's been about a year since I've played in Standard, but plan on it for the next few months anyway. Playing SSF, you play with what you get. I got an item that I have been hoping to find forever... Jack, The Axe. So the only way I can reasonably expect to use it is in Standard.
When I first started, I did standard to learn the mechanics. Then I played almost exclusively challenge leagues.

The only downside to doing standard is trading: majority of players will be doing the latest challenge league, and finding someone willing to switch over to standard to trade isn't so easy.

Otherwise, standard is fine to learn the game, so long as you know that most of the action is going on in challenge leagues. In terms of playing it long-term? Well, that's a personal choice, and one I wouldn't personally encourage.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Feb 21, 2018, 2:49:16 PM
"
what about Standard League?

What about it? You lost me.
Meh
I kinda feel my character is a waste of time now.
I literally JUST hit endgame last week (doing tier 5 maps now)..

Dont feel like starting over and tring to get some good gear again.
But if the Standard League is dead as you people say then I dont know lol!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info