Which Ascend Revamp Are You Most Looking Forward To?

Title and its ok if its already one of the few that are revealed. Please add why as well. More perspective is always good.

For me its Gladiator. The new shield throw gem has me thinking about shields and Gladiator is the shield specialty ascend.
Last bumped on Feb 25, 2018, 3:24:30 PM
Scion. Curious if they manage to create interesting combinations or maybe even give the Scion some unique characteristics of her own.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
Assassin was the one I was looking forward to most, but now that that's addressed, I have a few others to look forward to:

Champion - It never really left much of an impression on me. Just a bunch of stats and fortify (more stats), nothing more.

Gladiator - The old gladiator tree was... awkward. My guess is that this is one of those who get 7 options.

Elementalist
- Let's admit it, this one was a clusterfuck. Why golem stuff here? Why all those temporary effects? Another one of those that might get the 7 option treatment.

Occultist - Hoping for curse penetration and... SOMETHING. Not sure what that something is, but to me Occultist was lacking some oomph.

Saboteur - Most other classes somehow did better what the saboteur was intended to do. Even worse once tinkerskin came out.

Trickster - Again, always felt like something was missing. Especially with weave the arcane feeling useless once the channeling skills came out. I can also see some changes happening to both patient reaper and the shade form branch.

Everything ranger - I really wonder how they're going to balance these. Raider onslaught felt useless and Pathfinder almost always outperformed Deadeye. Not sure how GGG wants to balance a flask based ascendency... it's a VERY slippery slope imo.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on Feb 21, 2018, 10:25:33 AM
Scion. Ever since Berserker/Deadeye combo was nuked I haven't had a real reason to choose her over other classes. Hopefully Scion will be a unique choice instead of "a bit worse than everything else".
Scion because she's the sexiest lady after Navali.
Gladiator because he's the best man for the best builds. I heard he won the best man and best class award for 2018.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Elementalist. I like spell casters and it kinda sucked she was a weaker choice
I've committed (mentally) to playing a SST/HS Gladiator. So I'm with you on waiting for Gladiator's announcement. Probably neutral. They've shown a nerf and a few buffs. The rest are probably milktoast.
"
FCK42 wrote:

Elementalist[/b] - Let's admit it, this one was a clusterfuck. Why golem stuff here? Why all those temporary effects? Another one of those that might get the 7 option treatment.

Well, "the golem stuff" will still be there for Elementalist in 3.2
Source: Bestiary trailer where you clearly see an Elementalist rocking mass fire golems.

Here's hoping there will be something else, because some spellcaster love would be great.

Also, most looking forward to - scion, definitely.
Because of the wording GGG used, Ascendant is in a tricky position. GGG wants every ascendancy to feel unique. Current Scion, in theory, supposed to do this, because there are so many combinations that she can choose from, providing the synergies other classes can't. In reality, very few of those combinations are actually good, and even those that are just make Scion builds, for the most part, a worse version of same build using X ascendancy.

So yeah with all the reworks affecting other ascendancies i can't imagine Ascendant being easy to balance.
necromancer
assassin
scion
templar
berserker in that order xd
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
nerf pathfinder
buff deadeyes
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302

Report Forum Post