Development Manifesto: Ascendancy Changes

"
_Amaranth_ wrote:
Bex, would you please clarify whether the new Hinekora, Death's Fury '10% chance to cover rare or unique enemies in ash for 10 seconds when you hit them' can trigger when totems hit?

I PMed you about it and wrote an explanation of why I am asking in the Bestiary league announcement thread, page 50, and copied it into that PM for you.

Asking the important questions
I doubt they see any of the important questions inbetween the 457,890 lines of "fanboi hype derp derp hype" reply posts.
I'm hoping for some really good Scion Ascendancy changes.
Hype hype hype!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
t h a n c c
Assassin Toxic Delivery says:

"Recover 0.5% of your maximum Life per Poison affecting Enemies you Kill"

Could you clarify what does it mean?

- after each applied poison stacks players gets 0.5% of their max life recovered when the mob is killed. killing a ten monster pack each with 10 stacks of poison results 50% life recovered.
- after each poisoned mob the player gets 0.5% life regen when they die, regardless of the number of poison stacks applied on them. Killing a ten monster poisoned pack results 5% max life recovered.
"- after each applied poison stacks players gets 0.5% of their max life recovered when the mob is killed. killing a ten monster pack each with 10 stacks of poison results 50% life recovered."

No, killing a ten monster pack each with 10 stacks of poison results 5% life recovered
for those saying adrenaline for Champion is useless just think that is a boss killer node, before entering boss room apply some damage to yourself (vaal righteous fire for example), then heal and rush the boss (he will be intimidated anyway)
and come on even in low life you can Always hit the boss first to leech or wait 5 or more seconds to regen fully
also i think now Champion will only lose to jugg when it comes to pure armour since you can convert the 1000 evasion to armour with the iron reflexes node so you have a 2000 base armour without anything!
"
alex12709 wrote:
"- after each applied poison stacks players gets 0.5% of their max life recovered when the mob is killed. killing a ten monster pack each with 10 stacks of poison results 50% life recovered."

No, killing a ten monster pack each with 10 stacks of poison results 5% life recovered

But that's not what the text says. What you say (and what my second option were) that should be written as "0.5% of your maximum Life per Poison affectED Enemies" and not "affectING Enemies".
Last edited by halaci on Feb 22, 2018, 11:55:44 AM
"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:
for those saying adrenaline for Champion is useless just think that is a boss killer node, before entering boss room apply some damage to yourself (vaal righteous fire for example), then heal and rush the boss (he will be intimidated anyway)
and come on even in low life you can Always hit the boss first to leech or wait 5 or more seconds to regen fully

Useless effort should be closer to reality.

The stress to get this bonus before every fight and stopping to do so is just noth worth it. Just remember how often do we forget to switch between "inc area effect" and "conc effect" gem. That is way easier and faster than the whole - get to <35% low life and heal up - really - for this measely bonus? I know of no hardcore player risking this actively. Maybe they take it and let is go off passive when they got a huge hit.

Outside of the "enemies take +10% increased attack damage" from intimidation, I see no reason for this 2 pointer. I could even bet people would rather take the 2pointer Inspriational "+35% increased damage / 12% movement speed" just for convenience. Yes, it is weaker. But although this helps you to get faster from mob to mob aka clearspeed or dodging in a bossfight.

"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:

also i think now Champion will only lose to jugg when it comes to pure armour since you can convert the 1000 evasion to armour with the iron reflexes node so you have a 2000 base armour without anything!

Pure armour needs investment on the tree too. Even 2000 base armour is not much without grace/determination. Maybe good for leveling, but for endgame we should not start to talk before 30k+ armour. Old Juggernaut has also alot of utility against elemental damage with endurance charges. I am eager to see if this changes when the new Jugger gets released.

Nobody takes champion for the armour. It was just for (perma) fortify / taunt in most cases.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info