Development Manifesto: Ascendancy Changes

"
DAOWAce wrote:
I'm worried.

Mainly because I've just gotten back into the game from a time before ascendancies were even a thing, and am leveling new characters for specific ascendancies which may now be ruined in the new patch.

Getting a good, optimized build is really hard in this game and requires a lot of investment because it's unfeasible to respec your character (notably in the first few weeks of a league), and most builds require a specific class too.

So now after just learning about some of the ascendancies I'm going to have to re-learn them all over again!

That said, if all the classes will be on equal levels and we'll no longer be forced into specific ascendancies for many builds (looking at you, Ranger), then I guess I'm all for the incoming nerfs.

When they do major changes to the passive tree (of which ascendancies are part), they always give a free total respect to all existing characters.
Last edited by rdespair on Feb 21, 2018, 5:00:45 AM
with the actual "defences" the game has , i don't give a fuck about anything else but the fact i can't play this shit while being one shotted left and right for crappy nonsense loot.
"
LOOKS LIKE POISON'S BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

I thought something similar. :-)

Great to see some of the changes, Looking good so far.
Oooooh.....
I've played Hierophant totem'r for quite a while, now, and choosing the best power progression was always extremely simple:
1. Pursuant of Faith
2. Divine Guidance
3. Sanctuary of Thought
4. NEVER Ritual of Awakening! (tried it, repect'd out of it, never looked back)

Now all of the options are SO tantalising I'm both baffled and overwhelmed... and absolutely love it!

At long last, my Hiero can actually be the way I've wanted him to be (and maybe, even, a bit more).

Nice one, GGG.
Last edited by Cornish_Bread on Feb 21, 2018, 5:27:12 AM
Dear god that Hierophant! Hierophant was one of my favorite ascendency before, but now... 5 totems with perma arcane surge here I go!
We want to see Elementalist. (: <3
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
DenSan1587 wrote:
Why did you just give Hierophant ele aliment immunity? It's pretty much permanent

If you mean the endurance charges, then it's only 5% total.
It's not 5% per charge.
We will see again guardians more than any other class doing/selling high level content. I guarantee it.
Guardians have been on top of the hardcore food chain for a while now. No matter how good/bad other ascendancies are or will be they wont match guardians. GG GGG
POGGERS , Assassin will deal some interesting damage again :v

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info