Graphics Clipping [Image attached]

Having trouble finding the problem with image clipping.
Tried all the different combinations in the graphics settings.
The picture attached is a MILD version of what happens. Sometimes it covers most of the screen.
Any idea if I am doing something wrong?
Could it be my graphics card?

Graphics Card: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (EVGA) - 64 °C

Monitor: ASUS PB278 (2560x1440@59Hz)

CPU: Intel Core i7 870 @ 2.93GHz

RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 801MHz
Last edited by t00_h0t on Feb 20, 2018, 6:24:07 PM
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2018, 6:19:49 AM
It could be the graphics card, or the drivers for it.

First things first though. Run a pack check to see if any of the files are corrupted. Instructions are in the stickies.

Second thing I would take a look at are the temps on the GPU itself and see where they are at. I see that you put 64c...is that under load? If so, you should be fine. If that's idle temp..can you post up what it is under load for us?

Lastly, I'd look at the vid card drivers themselves. Sometimes rolling back to a previous version or so can help, other times not. Also, if you don't have the latest ones, give them a whirl.

Edit: You could also try switching to a different DX version as well and see if that helps.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Feb 20, 2018, 7:30:25 PM
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling (also cleaning all folders with game info before reinstalling)

64c is under load running two 2560x1440 monitors. (POE on one and netflix on the other)
But it still happens if I only run 1 monitor and boost fan speed to get temps to 50c

I don't think its my GPU, I just ran Skyrim with ultra HD texture pack mod in Ultra mode, and played without a hitch...

My graphics drivers have not been updated in a long time, never had a problem until War for the atlas League started.
(I let it go for a long time because I figured someone else would have the same issue and it would get fixed. lol. (im lazy like that)

I tried updating my drivers to the newest version. but still having the same issue.

I tried running in DX9 and DX9Ex, but I had consistent latency issues that made it unplayable.

Also tried to lower all the quality options in the Graphics tab to the lowest.

Messaging other players, they seem to be having similar issues, but its not consistent. I will enter a new instance and be having those problems, then restart the instance and it goes away. Sometimes it happens with the Masters in my H/O.

Hopefully I won't have this problem in march during the new league... *Fingers Crossed*

Did a stress test, and my temps are all good.
Last edited by t00_h0t on Feb 21, 2018, 12:10:41 AM
Is it coming from a piece of your equipment or someone else's? Maybe an aura or particle effect?Sometimes, for whatever reason, certain pieces of armor etc cause this. It may be worth paying attention to see what the artifacting is centered on and figuring out what is exactly the source. I'd then email techsupport@grindinggear.com. Give them your PC Specs, DXDiag dump etc and see if they can assist.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Feb 21, 2018, 6:20:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info