Crash "2D art source code issue"

Unable to take any capture unfortunately, but I had for now twice a weird crash concerning "source code issue". Had the time to read the details and saw something about 2D art, especially "Doryani's Catalyst". Don't know if it was this item as well the first time it crashed.

Don't know what could help, I guess my computer wants to display specific items and doesn't like it or something.

Client log stopped at "2018/02/20 15:27:20 512284031 d50 [DEBUG Client 13328] Entering area 2_11_town", no more lines :/

Hope it will help though!
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2018, 4:23:49 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
That is an assertion, which references where in the source code it happened, but is triggered by something else. While I can't be sure, most of the similar crashes are related to the DirectX stack returning E_OUT_OF_MEMORY - that is, for some reason the graphics stack thinks it is out of memory.

If you are running the DirectX 9 version of PoE, switch to DX11. Ensure drivers are up to date, and that nothing is injecting into the rendering pipeline that could be causing strange behaviour. (eg: reshade, overlays, etc)
Indeed I switched to DX11 and no problem for now. Anyways I'm kind of dumb I thought everything was up to date but it happened I had a memory leak (thanks Killer Network Driver) and also old old GPU drivers x)

My bad then :x
"
Skywebz wrote:
Indeed I switched to DX11 and no problem for now. Anyways I'm kind of dumb I thought everything was up to date but it happened I had a memory leak (thanks Killer Network Driver) and also old old GPU drivers x)

My bad then :x

Nah, no problem. FWIW, even the DX11 client seems to run into this occasionally, but way less often. (Presumably because it doesn't fragment the very limited address space like the DX9 client, being 32-bit, does, but eh.)

It's super annoying when things like that happen though, isn't it. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info