Lightning Tendrils not casting properly

Hi there,

Yes I do have enough mana, when I hold the key down it casts but randomly turns off for no reason.

I have tried reinstalling game etc and nothing? is this a bug or is my computer being stupid?

Thanks
Last bumped on Feb 23, 2018, 3:56:57 AM
Could be some strange latency related thing; I know some channel spells get odd at times.

Try forcing predictive mode and see if it cures the problem. If so, find the WinMTR debugging sticky and try that out, see if we can root out a cause for the network problem.
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
Could be some strange latency related thing; I know some channel spells get odd at times.

Try forcing predictive mode and see if it cures the problem. If so, find the WinMTR debugging sticky and try that out, see if we can root out a cause for the network problem.

My network mode is on predictive and when I try using the WinMTR, it just sit's there and doesn't do anything when I click start.

Thanks
"
nzskiing wrote:
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:

My network mode is on predictive and when I try using the WinMTR, it just sit's there and doesn't do anything when I click start.

Thanks

Are you running version 0.96 of WinMTR? Anyway, you can also use PingPlotter, the free version, to do the same test.
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
nzskiing wrote:
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:

Thanks

Are you running version 0.96 of WinMTR? Anyway, you can also use PingPlotter, the free version, to do the same test.

yip, was running the lastest version. I ran PingPlotter. see:
Spoiler

Seems like it's just 200 seems real high though.
Last edited by nzskiing on Feb 22, 2018, 2:03:29 AM
"
nzskiing wrote:
Spoiler

Welp, that shows a huge latency jump between iHug (your ISP, I guess) and NetworkLayer. I'd personally take that screenshot and email both GGG technical support, and iHug, and ask them both to look at why the heck the performance there is so terrible.

(GGG tech support will have to pass that on to SoftLayer, their hosting provider, who will pass it on to NetworkLayer, the network provider they are associated with, who can look into it, but y'know.)

(I see you running over some telstra cable associated infrastructure, and also iHug, which I assume is how the third party network access works these days in Australia. If not, your ISP tech support can pass the problem up the chain, etc.)

Anyway, you should see the latency graph on the top right be a fairly smooth curve from home to the destination. Huge jumps like that, after which it stays that high, tell you where on the path the latency comes in. 200ms is "running on a US server" performance, not staying in Australia. :)
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
nzskiing wrote:
Spoiler

Welp, that shows a huge latency jump between iHug (your ISP, I guess) and NetworkLayer. I'd personally take that screenshot and email both GGG technical support, and iHug, and ask them both to look at why the heck the performance there is so terrible.

(GGG tech support will have to pass that on to SoftLayer, their hosting provider, who will pass it on to NetworkLayer, the network provider they are associated with, who can look into it, but y'know.)

(I see you running over some telstra cable associated infrastructure, and also iHug, which I assume is how the third party network access works these days in Australia. If not, your ISP tech support can pass the problem up the chain, etc.)

Anyway, you should see the latency graph on the top right be a fairly smooth curve from home to the destination. Huge jumps like that, after which it stays that high, tell you where on the path the latency comes in. 200ms is "running on a UAS server" performance, not staying in Australia. :)

Hey mate,

Thanks for that seems to explain why it was 200 haha. I have sent GGG an email and will ask Vodafone too. Seems to me that I was on Telstra ages ago, then was bought out by Vodafone, and somehow Ihug was too and got taken into Vodafones wings.

Thanks heaps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info