Starter next league

Hey guys,

as I am finishing up on my set goal of 37/40 this league, I am already thinking about the next one. Since there's a lot of league starters out there and I already tried a couple (but got insanely bored with a lot of them), I wanted to ask if you guys know any non-meta ones that are a little more fun to play?

Any help is appreciated. I'll otherwise have to think about something myself. :)

Cheers!
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last bumped on Feb 20, 2018, 3:20:34 PM
All Ascendancy classes get reworked and we only know some not final stuff of two classes.
What do you expect?^^

Chieftain seems fine, regarding the reveal. You could go Molten Strike/Ancestral Call Chieftain. Did it last league, it's not meta, it's dirt cheap, has lot's of potential and if any of the Chieftain buffs go through, it will kick some ass next league.
Maybe the new skill will work as well, looked like some sort of Fire-Sunder in the video.
The thing with the ascendancy rework is that the classes themselves will retain their overall playstyle but will be more 'defined' in their specific roles - at least from what I understood. :)

I played a Molten Strike Inquisitor this league. It's a pretty good build with great clearspeed and decent sustainability, so that would probably work as a starter. Thanks for the suggestion, mate :)
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

as I am finishing up on my set goal of 37/40 this league, I am already thinking about the next one. Since there's a lot of league starters out there and I already tried a couple (but got insanely bored with a lot of them), I wanted to ask if you guys know any non-meta ones that are a little more fun to play?

You would really have to define "little more fun" yourself here, because ... what I enjoy and what you enjoy might not, y'know, be exactly the same things?

So. Which ones did you try, and not enjoy?

For my tastes, good league starters that are not boring to play are:

"Balance"
Arc Witch
Any of the wild strike based builds, ranger or templar being good bases.
Any Scorching Ray build, with or without RF.
Necromancer with SRS and specters.

You ... may not agree with those, however.
That is some good input. :D Testing arc mines in the little league time we have right now, but I'll also give some of those a test run. Thanks for the suggestions
You could also go Cyclone slayer (boring af but it does the job of a starter, to get you currency fast by clearing maps).
Or Glacial Cascade/Glacial Hammer Inquisitor.
Or DP-Necro with Skellies, Zombies and Stone Golem.
Or permastun Juggernaut/Slayer.
Or Lightening Arrow/Barrage Pathfinder.

Or one of the other million cheap builds to farm up to T10 maps to get some currency rolling in^^

Class to be determined, but I'm starting by farming two swords.
"
Saevan wrote:

Class to be determined, but I'm starting by farming two swords.

:) I hope you enjoy that. I can't imagine a worse start to the league, even if it gave me awesome power. Just another proof that "what is fun" is definitely a personal question.

You will probably kick my butt in progression for that investment though. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info