Potential Forum Changes

i think its a good initiative that GGG is condensing the forum and merging the overlapping sections.

probably the dev draw their inspiration from reddit because i notice reddit has a very flat structure.

flattening the structure also makes it easier for the mods to manage the forum.

34pre98qua
please use a rolling forum layout like on scanlovers

or a image board layout like on chans

page by page forum is long outdated
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
Iangyratu wrote:
Eh, I hoped you'd wipe "Off-Topic" out of existence. .

I'm not sure exactly how popular off topic is anymore. It has a certain history that I would have a hard time erasing but if there were a good reason to do it, it might be something to consider.

The memories you have are from the "Game and Shame"-subsection of "Off-topic", nowadays its more of a "Disscussion"-board which requires moderators to mod it to ontopic.
I would totally recommend it if you reshape a "Brawl with the Stuff"-arena, where people can annoy you once theyre done Suggerating and Feedbakeing you.

Plus we could dedicate Spiritanimals for every Stuffer there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
D3izhistory wrote:
my primary criticism here is the item display cabinet, without flooding general with item finds etc these sorts of posts need a home, a place where people can view "finds of the day"

I was wondering about this too. I can certainly see how it would become frustrating in General Discussion. Originally this topic was created to get item lotteries out of General Discussion but they don't seem to be very popular anymore. Perhaps we'll keep this one separate just in case.

Also a reminder but it seems we don't have item cabinet in the french forums

Cheer

Wikarina

Maooow!

Almost 3 years of spreading the PoE love to the french community
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Im all up for the proposed changes.

I would like to also propose creating new revamped poe website to keep up to date with modern standards of cool websites. This game deserves a better website.
IGN : Sir_Big
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Hi guys,

I just wanted to pop in and talk for a brief moment about the forum. The forum community has always been one of the core parts of the Path of Exile community

Did you accidentally post this here instead of Reddit?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
RIP the entire forum. Seen this done before and it’s basically making “Suggestions and Feedback” a dumping ground for anything and everything that then gets zero dev attention. Sad but true. Right now just about the entire first page of the GD can be moved into “Suggestions and Feedback”, and it will.

I wouldn’t much bother posting or even reading these forums now, because the subtext reads. “We really shouldn’t have made forums in the first place”.

GD will become Generally Dead
SF will become Sadly Forgotton
*** Dedicated MTX Collector ***
"You don't fail at the game by not killing every single boss, you'd fail by continuing to play after it stops being enjoyable."
- Egalisator
Just exclude off-topic from forum moderation or exclude political debates from the sub-section.

And make this clearly visible in a sticky at the top.

The way i see it off-topic is generally pleasant and engaging for non-poe related stuff except for all the politically loaded topics.

All of the other topics are pleasant as far as i can tell though somewhat weird at times, which is why i purposefully stay out of all the political hog-wash threads.

Or outright remove it from existence if the former can't be implemented, since it will drain support resources without any changes and i agree that this is unnecessary for a sub-section like this.

I also think item display should remain, if it's removed those people are just gonna dumb their post in other sub-sections which will dilute those. And i reckon that's counter-productive to the intent.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
RIP item display cabinet
Improve SEARCH function please! Its so outdated and so bad... please do some more love for search forum options and add more variations/time/exact name search and more like all sites have!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info