Potential Forum Changes

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
I just want show all of my support titles :(
Dont worry, last friday Bex said they were working on a badge system

So you will be able to show more of your parent's support titles

Least I don't cry about Dom blow like a weird fetish.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
viperesque wrote:
That sounds reasonable. Particularly like doing away with the help and information forum, it's always just been half gameplay help and half tech support.

So to clarify, the current "gameplay help and discussion" forum would just become "gameplay help" and move to the Help section? This would also mean the complete removal of the Gameplay section?

The one big thing I would suggest doing differently would be re: guides. This forum is, and always has been, the best place to find build guides. IMO they deserve their own section. What I would suggest is renaming that section "guides" and solidifying those forums as a place only for guides, not questions. This also makes finding guides easier for a new player.

Yes, the currently 'Gameplay Help and Discussion' would become 'Gameplay Help and Guides'. I would have to clear it with the team but we could possibly add a tagging system to make guides more accessible. I'm definitely interested in finding a way to make guides more prominently featured on the forum as they're a huge help to many people.
"
Iangyratu wrote:
Eh, I hoped you'd wipe "Off-Topic" out of existence. .

I'm not sure exactly how popular off topic is anymore. It has a certain history that I would have a hard time erasing but if there were a good reason to do it, it might be something to consider.
General Discussion would become simply 'Discussion' and encompass Gameplay, Hideouts, Community Showcase and other miscellaneous topics.

urgh hideouts and community showcase spam in my beloved general discussion panel, guess i wont be wading through that anymore then.
I agree with wiping Off-Topic out of existence. While I've had a lot of fun there, and still like to post about other games and anime and shit, it's not necessary and attracts far more vitriol and conflict than we ever needed or wanted.

Off-Topic boards were necessary way back when we didn't have reddit or twitter. Now that such outlets exist, I think it's perfectly okay for a computer game's fora to forego anything unrelated to that game.

I know some staff agree with me. It's just a waste of PoE Support resources to be called in to mediate discussions and debates that have nothing to do with PoE.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 18, 2018, 8:26:58 PM
I think what you're doing is a bit like trying to herd cats. They tend to go where they want. Posters will too.

I do thank you for having a separate Xbox forum. That will help out a lot.
"
cybershell wrote:
Please, make profiles visible by default, because mostly newbs have real problem to find this checkbox in profile->Privacy. Its kinda hard to find profile link too. Thanks!

I'll pass your suggestion onto the team.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Yes, the currently 'Gameplay Help and Discussion' would become 'Gameplay Help and Guides'.

Now I'm confused. Does that mean build guides, or other kinds of guides? What would happen to the existing class forums where build guides are currently posted?
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
I agree with wiping Off-Topic out of existence. While I've had a lot of fun there, and still like to post about other games and anime and shit, it's not necessary and attracts far more vitriol and conflict than we ever needed or wanted.

Off-Topic boards were necessary way back when we didn't have reddit or twitter. Now that such outlets exist, I think it's perfectly okay for a computer game's fora to forego anything unrelated to that game.

I know some staff agree with me. It's just a waste of PoE Support resources to be called in to mediate discussions and debates that have nothing to do with PoE.

I'm definitely open to it. If we see more support for this we'll be happy to consider it.
"
viperesque wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Yes, the currently 'Gameplay Help and Discussion' would become 'Gameplay Help and Guides'.

Now I'm confused. Does that mean build guides, or other kinds of guides? What would happen to the existing class forums where build guides are currently posted?

My apologies! Build guides will stay where they are in their class forums. I imagined that the guides section would include anything else from setting up Item Filters e.t.c.

You make a good point in that that could be quite confusing for newcomers to know the difference between these guides. I'll rethink that part.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info