Potential Forum Changes

A few thoughts on this:

1. To the above lagwin1980 post... just no. The Zealanders should hold the sanctity of our free
    speech same as here in the USA. Just because I_NO puts up a lot of the "not another random
    thought from I_NO again" posts that you personally don't like doesn't mean by total quantity
    of these posts that justifies being banned. She has as much right to be juvenile in bad form
    as long as the speech is not hateful, slanderous, etc. That's why I can't use the term no-lifers
    and use low-lifers (until the mods pm me and say otherwise) or the neutered "time unlimited"
    way to talk about 12+ hour 24/7 players. However with the recent Chris quote in the
    GameInformer interview (You (Probably) Shall Not Pass section) saying that the very
    dedicated players are "The kind who have no job and do 16 hours a day on Path of Exile and
    probably have a Twitch channel and make income from that and so on" kind of opens the door
    again on using no life because if the "very, very, dedicated player" is playing PoE
    16 hours a day plus time to eat/sleep then what time is left for real life? Nuff said.

2. A "Trash Talk" forum? Another NO! That would be total BS and flaming. Same as a "Filthy Casual"
    forum... maybe a consolidated New Player/Casual Player/Game Play Help so I can scan just 1
    forum would be a good start.

3. Redacted posts and then locking if the negativity continues is as far as GGG should take it.
    Outright purging of a complete post is crossing the line unless it is not a PoE topic (like
    ad spammers).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Wait, no-lifers is off-limits now? I've been using that one forever. Both positively and negatively. *baffled*
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
You shouldn't consult community for such changes - giving us too much power but thanks anyway :D

More seriously the only changes i see that would benefit to new players would be to organize help section a bit better - Put on first plan third party and official tools for trading ( not only for trading, all tools in fact, let the user decide but let him know it's official and supported with a list basicly why not in a sticked thread), and improve build section, it's a pain in ass when you don't know a shit about the game to browse it. I would even suggest to integrate directly to website a build browsing / creation tool.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Feb 20, 2018, 9:00:05 AM
RIP off topic

we shall miss ye
I dont see any any key!
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Feedback
  • Bug Reports

Actually, while we're chatting about this I'd like to ask you to consider moving Bug Reports. It's fairly common to see people posting bugs in Technical Support. Might save me / the mods some time if it was in a more intuitive place than the subjective-sounding Feedback section.

e.g.;

Help
  • Information and Support
  • Bug Reports
  • Gameplay Discussion
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Let´s just agree on,
- this whole Jurrasicpark beeing a complete mistake if the dinos always manage to escape elsewhere.
- mods not wanting to partake anyway if scared of beeing fired whenever they mention beeing an Attack-helicopter, you could replace them with bots that spew the same massage every 20 pages.
- most users still think they can win discussions
- most threads require a phd in psychology to understand
- millenials getting offended way to easily anyway
- special rules for special sections didn´t cut it the first time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
To be clear:

I've barely posted since July. And yes, I agree, off-topic should be deleted. Partly due to the FACT that it will protect GGG.

And partly due to the emotional flaming which occurs there. Coincidentally, a poster a few pages back attempted to summon in this thread that type of behavior via an argument with me. That is the exact toxic behavior I'm talking about. This behavior has no place in the lives of individuals who should be sorting themselves out as opposed to wasting their time on such frivilous things! (And by 'sorting themselves out' I mean grinding in PoE)

Deleting OT:

1. Protects GGG
2. Makes people play more
3. Makes people spend more on MTX
4. Makes everyone happier
5. Saves GGG money
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Feb 20, 2018, 11:57:57 AM
Improvements to forum/website I would like to see:

1. 2-step verification for account (effectively making the same for game)

2. Keep News/Announcement section on a seperate server that doesn't go down when game server is patched.

3. More hugs xD Thx for providing a good game <3
Thanks for listening to feedback and not removing item cabinet section !!

I never once entered the off topic section and never realized until now how popular that was. What is the problem, all the discussion with the removal of it ?

Shitposting, memes and anime discussions can happen in other places on the internet...right ?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
Sarno wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Feedback
  • Bug Reports

Actually, while we're chatting about this I'd like to ask you to consider moving Bug Reports. It's fairly common to see people posting bugs in Technical Support. Might save me / the mods some time if it was in a more intuitive place than the subjective-sounding Feedback section.

e.g.;

Help
  • Information and Support
  • Bug Reports
  • Gameplay Discussion

I know i already asked for that a while ago but why not a bug tracking tool instead of using forum ? ( system with tickets etc ... ). Any clue ? I find that more convenient from my experience, specialy regarding the actual game size.
Hf :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info