Potential Forum Changes

Hi guys,

I just wanted to pop in and talk for a brief moment about the forum. The forum community has always been one of the core parts of the Path of Exile community and we want to take some time to look at how we can improve the forum experience.

While there are several areas we can focus on to improve the forum experience, the first one we wanted to address is the staleness of some subsections of the forum and condensing broad topics into fewer categories for more focused discussion.

As such, we want to look at condensing some of the forum topics and see how we can nurture more discussion and engagement in these various areas. The current plan is to remove or merge a number of forum topics that have overlap in other areas as follows:

• Announcements
  • Development Manifesto
  • Patch Notes
  • Account Help & Information/Technical Support
  • Bug Reports
  • Feedback and Suggestions
  • Xbox One
  • Discussion
  • Gameplay Help & Guides
  • Build Guides
  • Guilds
  • Communities
  • Racing & PVP (Temporarily Unchanged)
  • Trading (Unchanged)

Note that this means the following changes would occur:

• Help and Information would merge with Technical Support and be renamed 'Account Help & Information/Technical Support'
  • Gameplay Help & Guides would move to the 'Help' subcategory.
  • The Skill Gem Feedback, Support Gem Feedback will be merged into one topic 'Skill & Support Gem Feedback'.
  • Art and Audio Feedback would be replaced by stickied threads in the 'Feedback and Suggestions' forum.
  • General Discussion would become simply 'Discussion' and encompass Gameplay, Hideouts, Community Showcase and other miscellaneous topics.
  • Item Display Cabinet would be removed.
  • The 'Community' subcategory would consist of 'Discussion', 'Off Topic', 'Guilds' and 'Communities'.
  • Hideouts and Community Showcase would be merged with discussion.

This is just a jumping off point that we believe will enable further improvements to be made down the road. Before we make the above changes, we want to check in with you to see if you have any feedback or requests regarding this shift.

Please keep in mind that the purpose of this discussion is not to address any moderation queries. If you have feedback or queries regarding forum moderation please email us at support@grindinggear.com to discuss it.
Last bumped on Jul 24, 2018, 11:37:47 PM
Will i get an appology for everytime my threads have been wrongly moved because they werent considered in the proper forum ? aka: We dont want the community's attention on those issues

Im a visionary and got punished for this

haha joke aside

----------------------------------------------------------

This is Great changes, less subdivision and way clearer

+1

---------------------------------------------------------

But one big question remains

Will these changes make GGG's devs and staff post more on the forums?

https://gggtracker.com/ because beside the tech support and you making Threads and replying in them, there is no activity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If i may suggest something that may never see the day but

What about a system of forum that keeps every different sections divided but in the same spot at the same time

Then you filter the topics you want to see displayed

so on the same page you could get some "Hideout" some "suggestions"

you build your own plethora of interest

Forum users could also vote what topic a certain thread is about, making the filter system more accurate

Unlike reddit system, this would mean, you are upvote or downvoted to non-existence. This system would just set your thread in the right "topic section"
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Feb 18, 2018, 8:35:33 PM
A good start.

RIP General Discussion. You lasted a lot longer than I expected.

This will probably drive even more people to use the subreddit, but eh.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 18, 2018, 8:07:10 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Will i get an appology for everytime my threads have been moved because they werent considered in the proper forum?

Im a visionary and got punished for this

This was the first thing that jumped in my mind lol. Feedback and suggestions are where threads go to die cold lonely miserable deaths.
Who cares, you still won't listen to valid feedback.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Please, make profiles visible by default, because mostly newbs have real problem to find this checkbox in profile->Privacy. Its kinda hard to find profile link too. Thanks!
I just want show all of my support titles :(
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
That sounds reasonable. Particularly like doing away with the help and information forum, it's always just been half gameplay help and half tech support.

So to clarify, the current "gameplay help and discussion" forum would just become "gameplay help" and move to the Help section? This would also mean the complete removal of the Gameplay section?

The one big thing I would suggest doing differently would be re: guides. This forum is, and always has been, the best place to find build guides. IMO they deserve their own section. What I would suggest is renaming that section "guides" and solidifying those forums as a place only for guides, not questions. This also makes finding guides easier for a new player.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Eh, I hoped you'd wipe "Off-Topic" out of existence. One can dream, I guess. :P
I also feel there's going to be too many 'Discussion' subforums, still.

I really like the other changes, and the fact changes are going to be made.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
Last edited by Iangyratu on Feb 18, 2018, 8:16:16 PM
"
I just want show all of my support titles :(
Dont worry, last friday Bex said they were working on a badge system

So you will be able to show more of your parent's support titles
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info