Very cool
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
Twistx wrote:
Where is ascendancies??

I can't confirm exactly when we're showing off more Ascendancy Classes but it's probably prudent to let you guys know that we're not posting one today. We'll post them as they're available to showcase. The team are working really hard to finalize them and get them through the build as soon as possible so that we can show them off. We're keenly aware of the community's desire to check these out and start planning their builds. They're a top priority for us too.

Yep, sounds fair. The next week and a half is going to be difficult in terms of hype-management :D.

But on the grounds of finishing things up, really hoping you guys take another look at berserker. While the rage mechanic is cool\thematic, right now the 20% life loss per second looks like something you'll be lowering within a league or two anyway, so...why not do it now and save zerker from several months of shame :D.
So elementalist got an 6 second conflux on kill rare that's feels bad.
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
I would say it's cool, but Captain America is gay now, so it's not cool.
So you can put this in but you can't make shield charge work with wands "because it's a melee skill". Nice development priorities.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
"
AssasinCreed wrote:
So elementalist got an 6 second conflux on kill rare that's feels bad.

??
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Ashriel wrote:
So you can put this in but you can't make shield charge work with wands "because it's a melee skill". Nice development priorities.

So GGG is in a predicament that they frankly put themselves in.
Flame Dash has charges. it would be a great movement skill for casters if they removed the charges, but that means reworking the enchantments. Instead of more charges how about dash distance? BLAM fixed! Change shield charging to work with one or the other attack speed or movement, not both. Make leap slam not so clunky, or allow wands to shield charge as well. I mean, come on. I have a fucking stick and a shield. What makes you think it would be harder to "Shield" charge if i was holding a bigger heavier axe or sword? I agree with Ashriel, and I'm sure 80% of the community does too. You can't slow the meta clear speed down by lowering movement skills. We'd all just make 500%MS wanders.
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
The theoretical damage looks bonkers on the surface, but the more I hear about this skill, the less endgame viable it seems. Like, unlike KB, the only way to get more than 1 explosion per shot is to cause it to Fork? Why does that make sense?
"
Ashriel wrote:

How do you know they didn't or aren't planning to? The way I see it, getting these shield attack mechanics in play lays the groundwork to convert shield charge and reckoning both into shield attacks and introduce more shield attacks down the road.

How about a little thought instead of jumping straight to acting indignant.

"
codetaku wrote:
The theoretical damage looks bonkers on the surface, but the more I hear about this skill, the less endgame viable it seems. Like, unlike KB, the only way to get more than 1 explosion per shot is to cause it to Fork? Why does that make sense?

I wasn't aware Kb's explosions also released more projectiles that would benefit a second time from chain/fork/etc... they're not remotely comparable skills. If SST released shards on every hit it would be obscenely broken with chain, the number of total hits would scale exponentially with every chain you add.
Last edited by Shppy on Feb 18, 2018, 8:10:15 PM
"
Iamod wrote:
"
Ashriel wrote:

So GGG is in a predicament that they frankly put themselves in.
Flame Dash has charges. it would be a great movement skill for casters if they removed the charges, but that means reworking the enchantments. Instead of more charges how about dash distance? BLAM fixed! Change shield charging to work with one or the other attack speed or movement, not both. Make leap slam not so clunky, or allow wands to shield charge as well. I mean, come on. I have a fucking stick and a shield. What makes you think it would be harder to "Shield" charge if i was holding a bigger heavier axe or sword? I agree with Ashriel, and I'm sure 80% of the community does too. You can't slow the meta clear speed down by lowering movement skills. We'd all just make 500%MS wanders.

Yes, please for the love of everything remove the charges on Flame Dash. Wands need a decent movement skill so bad. Right now you're basically stuck with being forced to use QoTF and Evasion flasks for decent mobility.

Here's a breakdown of your mobility options as a wand user:

Charged Dash: Decent skill, if the completely unnecessary charges didn't ruin it. (Remind me again, why does it even have charges, when Leap Slam, Shield Charge and Whirling Blades can be spammed at will?)
Lightning Swap: Requires 4L to even be useable as a movement skill at all, while still remaining garbage-tier.
Body Swap: Not only requires some form of auto-cast corpse generating skills to work as your builds movement skill, but I hope you like terrible accuracy, unreliability, getting stuck on every minor thing in the environment and still being slower than pretty much every other movement skill regardless of it being a teleport (except linghtning swap, cause that's just a bad joke).

But more on-topic: Shield Throw looks fun, but if I were a betting man I'd say it'll just be yet another skill that is good for clearing, but will be awful for single-target. Which makes it just the same as 90% of the already existing skills.
Last edited by FissionMailed on Feb 18, 2018, 8:12:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info