Corrupted Drillneck Still Giving extra targets to pierce

Corrupted Drillneck with Intrinsic removed

Still giving me an extra target to pierce despite its intrinsic being removed, interfering with it returning with the Powerful Precision ascendancy node while taking advantage of drillneck's 50% pierce damage.

Screenshots show my drillneck and targets to pierce changing despite the stat not appearing on the item.

[/https://flic.kr/p/24t4zxB]
[/https://flic.kr/p/23oddDA]
Last edited by XxMLGBongHitzxX on Feb 18, 2018, 3:17:44 PM
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2018, 6:48:21 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Corruption cannot remove implicit modifiers, only replace with another. No idea how, but something made the implicit invisible - but it's still there. How'd you come across this Drillneck? Was it a legacy one that you Corrupted, or?
I think this happened with the 3.0.0 pierce rework. The old pierce chance mod did not become a legacy variant, but was overwritten with the new mod everywhere. Notably the new mod has a different internal name, which suggests that some kind of update procedure went over the items and rewrote the pierce mods, the old stats' content/effect was not simply changed.

I've read a few times that old penetrating arrow quivers "lost" their implicit in bug reports, this does not seem to be strictly tied to the corruption.
To be honest it was a long time ago but I had bought it off someone on POEtrade, it was definitely pre corrupted but I agree it makes sense this isnt a corruption issue. All i know for sure is that an effect is not being listed on the item that's active when equipped and not when it isn't, seems to line up with the 3.0 pierce changes to the item
I came across the same thing on an old Drillneck in my stash, mine is not corrupted but it still doesn't list the pierce implicit.
I've confirmed it with my friend as well. Seems to be a universal thing, probably worth addressing. Personally hope they remove the pierce so my shots will rebound pierce reliably but who knows if thats even going to be a thing next patch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info