PLEASE NERF GAMEPLAY ON ACT 4 AND 5

GG DID GREAT JOB CREATING ACTS 1-3: BALANCED BOSSES, ENTERTAINING GAMEPLAY, DECENT DIFFICULTY ETC. BUT I HATE THEM FOR ACTS 4 AND 5. THEY DIDN'T CARE ABOUT BALANCE AT ALL THERE. I DIED PLAYING ALONE ON FIRST BOSS OF ACT 4 LIKE 15 TIMES. LIKE HOW ARE PLAYERS SUPPOSED TO DO IT ON HARDCORE LEAGUE? I QUIT THE GAME AT ACT 5, WHERE A BOSS HAD A SHIELD FOR LIKE 5000 HP REGENNING AFTER 3 SECS NOT ATTACKING IT, HAD OP ATTACKS LIKE HAMMERFALL OR SMTH AFTER THE DASH, BALLS OF LIGHTING ON THE FLOOR ETC. AND GG LET THAT HAPPEN? VERY SAD. EVEN IN A PARTY IT WAS VERY EXHAUSTING AND BORING - WE WERE DYING EVERY 10 SECS.
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2018, 7:00:11 AM
Act 4 and 5 are a step up for sure but it's more so the bosses have mechanics that actually kill you if you do them wrong. Just keep playing if you enjoy the game man and it'll get a lot easier. In fact lots of the higher end players find the first 5 acts really boring because there is just no threat of death.
The game only gets harder after act 5. You shouldn't be dying to the first boss in act 4, so that indicates you have too little life and resists and don't know mechanics of the fights. Watch some videos of the bossfights to see how to do them. Every boss that has a super hard hitting attack telegraphs it so you know it's coming and can move to avoid it.

If you unhide your characters, people might give you advice about making them better.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Feb 18, 2018, 1:32:25 PM
This attitude leads to nowhere. Its not really the game's fault that you are doing many things wrong. You would then ask for nerfing act 6 to 10 as well and also all the endgame..

I suggest changing your attitude to something like "hello guys my character sucks can you help me?"

If you are not keen on learning and just want to press "I win" button with no way of screwing up then, well, play another game. 9 out of 10 AAA games are like that.

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
DeeDim wrote:
GG DID GREAT JOB CREATING ACTS 1-3: BALANCED BOSSES, ENTERTAINING GAMEPLAY, DECENT DIFFICULTY ETC. BUT I HATE THEM FOR ACTS 4 AND 5. THEY DIDN'T CARE ABOUT BALANCE AT ALL THERE. I DIED PLAYING ALONE ON FIRST BOSS OF ACT 4 LIKE 15 TIMES. LIKE HOW ARE PLAYERS SUPPOSED TO DO IT ON HARDCORE LEAGUE? I QUIT THE GAME AT ACT 5, WHERE A BOSS HAD A SHIELD FOR LIKE 5000 HP REGENNING AFTER 3 SECS NOT ATTACKING IT, HAD OP ATTACKS LIKE HAMMERFALL OR SMTH AFTER THE DASH, BALLS OF LIGHTING ON THE FLOOR ETC. AND GG LET THAT HAPPEN? VERY SAD. EVEN IN A PARTY IT WAS VERY EXHAUSTING AND BORING - WE WERE DYING EVERY 10 SECS.

Your caps Lock button is located just above the leftmost shift key - it does not empower your post, only makes it more annoying to read ;)

People play hardcore when they are ready for it - if you know enough about how to play the game to not-die before you get the endgame, OR you are ready to lose a vast quantity of characters trying to learn how to avoid death before the endgame, then you are ready; if neither of the two are true, you are not ready to play hardcore.

Try it again on softcore to learn the fight, continue progressing and learn the rest of the games' fights before going hardcore, Watch some videos explaining mechanics or tutorializing builds and such.

Heck, even asking for help here will get you some, it might be a Little troll-esque, but that's the nature of zhe interwebz for 'ya ;)
If you've played the acts through at least 2 times,act 4-5 is quite easy. The only thing that's probably dangerous is Avarius fight if you are melee....
"
zoneslash wrote:
Your caps Lock button is located just above the leftmost shift key - it does not empower your post, only makes it more annoying to read ;)

That's a lie, caps lock is cruise control for cool ;)

OP, this game is not intended to be easy. If doing something one way doesn't work out, try something else. Each and every boss can be beaten.

If you want some fun, create yourself a four-linked item, and link Ancestral Warchief, Ruthless, Melee Physical Damage, and Concentrated Effect. Summon the totem by the boss, avoid boss attacks, and occasionally resummon your totem. That should help you somewhat.

(You should be able to buy these from... Siosa in the Library in Act 3, if I recall correctly)
It doesn't make a bit of difference, guys. The balls are inert.
"
DeeDim wrote:
I DIED PLAYING ALONE ON FIRST BOSS OF ACT 4 LIKE 15 TIMES.

First boss in act 4 is, depending how you count, either the big bird in the aqueduct or Voll in Dried Lake. Both are easy: Tons of space to move around, no attacks that aren't heavily telegraphed.

Yes, you're doing it wrong.

Perhaps it'd help if you fixed your keyboard, there seems to be something wrong with it.
"
Ehiin wrote:
"
DeeDim wrote:
I DIED PLAYING ALONE ON FIRST BOSS OF ACT 4 LIKE 15 TIMES.

First boss in act 4 is, depending how you count, either the big bird in the aqueduct or Voll in Dried Lake. Both are easy: Tons of space to move around, no attacks that aren't heavily telegraphed.

Yes, you're doing it wrong.

Perhaps it'd help if you fixed your keyboard, there seems to be something wrong with it.

arent both of those bosses like "hit until it dies" ? unless you only took travel nodes in passive tree while leveling I don't think there is a risk of dying while fighting those
"

arent both of those bosses like "hit until it dies" ? unless you only took travel nodes in passive tree while leveling I don't think there is a risk of dying while fighting those

Well, both can kill you with their slams if you're new, not geared and just stand there and take it.

But not more than once, then you should have learned to read the signs.

Of course, that would require some attention...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info