HAHAHAHHAHA

SHIT GAME

hi
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2018, 2:27:57 PM
I was surprised I managed to get the name BlizzardSellingNecroLUL.

I figured you would've already had it. :P
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
They arent going to come back to Diablo until they figure out a way to monetize it like Hearthstone. Thats essentially what the auction house was, and why Diablo was practically abandoned after its removal.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Feb 18, 2018, 12:57:55 PM
still looks better than poe with all the supporter money thrown there way
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
tramshed wrote:
They arent going to come back to Diablo until they figure out a way to monetize it like Hearthstone. Thats essentially what the auction house was, and why Diablo was practically abandoned after its removal.

Yeah, I thought the same thing, until recently.

Keep an eye out. PoE's biggest challenge is closer than we might think.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
PoE's biggest challenge is closer than we might think.

Wolcan? Last Epoch? Trion Worlds aren't trying to resurrect Devillian, surely?
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
"
PoE's biggest challenge is closer than we might think.

Wolcan? Last Epoch? Trion Worlds aren't trying to resurrect Devillian, surely?

Hah...hahahahaha. <3
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
"
tramshed wrote:
Yeah, I thought the same thing, until recently.
Hearthstone's monetization model is essentially MTGO's from back in the day: to gather the collectables for the main slog (Constructed) you need to either be abnormally good at a format that cannot be collected (Limited) or pay actual cash dollars, or some mix of the two.

Therefore, the Hearthstone monetization model applied to PoE is:
* Outside of races, gear doesn't drop, but a special currency does. However, you're capped on the amount of this currency you can earn per day in this manner.
* Races cost either real money or the special currency to enter.
* During races random gear drops are enabled, but you don't get to keep that gear after the race.
* At every race checkpoint, 0.5*p-d players are eliminated due to not reaching the checkpoint quickly enough, where p is the total number of contestants who cleared the previous checkpoint and d is deaths since the last checkpoint. (If d>0.5p, only those who die are eliminated.)
* Race rewards are based on your last checkpoint (dead or not). Rewards are tiered such that only better than average racers can continually race, ensuring that the racing population continuous shrinks without the injection if real money into the system.
* The only way to get gear for outside races is opening loot boxes, and the only three ways to get loot boxes are race results, real money, and special currency.
* Race results also can give special currency rewards. These rewards ignore the previously mentioned daily cap.

Note that there's negative incentive for the developer to implement trade under such a system.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 18, 2018, 7:14:18 PM
"
Miazga wrote:

Gameplay> Graphics

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
Miazga wrote:

Gameplay> Graphics

Eh, you need a balance of the two. PoE balances them pretty nicely. The graphics fit the gameplay, even if they still need optimisation. PoE gameplay with D3 graphics would be weird. D3 gameplay with PoE graphics, also weird.

Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 18, 2018, 8:35:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info