Why are you mocking ranger and mage type of players with the area called The Beacon??

I'm lvl 50 Summoner type of player with secondary focus on Energy shields. And hold and behold both my summoning skills and energy shields are utterly useless in The Beacon because you need high armor and high damage output (aka being warrior type of player) in order to defend yourself against and defeat constantly spawning high numbers of monsters and turrents that have high damage output and spawn also back very quicly. Basically you have no change to complete this area unless you are warrior type of player with high armor (or at least with high evasion) and with high damage output. I have played for few days and it seems that I have reached a point where game just blatently mocks me and my choices. Why are you.. developers of this game mocking such type of players??
Last bumped on Feb 17, 2018, 9:20:15 PM
That part honestly should be really easy, I don't think any of my characters even really noticed the pirates... What are your Resistances like? Life/Energy Shield values? What Skills are you using, and what Supports do ya have for them?
I agree with the original poster I have a couple of characters in the low to mid 50s that cant get past this encounter. Something really needs to be done with this mess.
"
Surek99 wrote:
I agree with the original poster I have a couple of characters in the low to mid 50s that cant get past this encounter. Something really needs to be done with this mess.

I guess you must be doing something very wrong.
Besides what Vipermagi has already said you can try decoy totem to distract enemies and maybe temporal chain curse to slow enemies down so you will have more time to react.

You shouldn´t have much problems with decent dps though.
Last edited by Rakiii on Feb 17, 2018, 8:01:17 PM
I think this is just a case of not much experience with the game which is completely understandable. I remember playing this game for the first time in 2014 and dying in A1 in the first cave and quit this game until 3 years later. Now, my summoner character rolls over this particular quest you are speaking of with ease. It sounds like you lack the gear or the experience of how to gear your character and that include how you are linking your gems and what skills you are actually using. Like the other poster said use a decoy totem, those are unbelievably strong for your character all throughout the game I still use them at level 91.

Now as far as things to consider, you say you don't have armor? You are a summoner? 1 flask can completely nullify pretty much that entire encounter and you probably already have it in your stash tabs somewhere during your journey to level 50. Use a normal old blue Granite flask, it provides you with 3000 armor, it doesn't use very many charges so you can literally use it every time it drops off and the charges you do use end up being refilled by the souls you kills while it is active. If you have some alterations, just hit your granite flask with the alterations until you get 70-100% increased armor while flask is active and all the sudden your 600ish armor goes up to like 9000 and nothing but Bosses tickles you.

Your welcome, enjoy the progress!

Do a little self education here and there to increase your game knowledge, knowledge is power. This particular encounter I didn't even notice leveling any of my characters, not even the first time, I literally had to look up what yall were talking about because it was a breeze. It wasn't a breeze because of talent it was a breeze because I have game knowledge.

If you do really need help, I can help you in game, but I encourage you to do yourself the favor of giving it another go with the advice of these responses so that you own your satisfaction.
Last edited by ruthless31 on Feb 17, 2018, 8:26:02 PM
Thanks. Although I already managed to beat that quest with just pure force. I didn't knew that there is a gem called Convocation that spawns your minions around you. I also used Vaal Skeletons more strategically. Didn't knew that Granite flask is so powerful. Thanks a punch :)
To play this game you ahve to be a real world wizard. And the wiki is your magic tome of resplendidness. You're just about always going to learn something new just by looking through it at random

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info