3.7 Rowen's Performance Booster Guide | More Fps | HDD | Dx11 Ready

BOOST YOUR FPS !

"
This topic is aim to help people has performance issues if you are gonna spread fanboy propoganda like forcing people to buy better pc dont waste your time

And yes DX11 is garbage - Rowen

[FASTER] - https://youtu.be/atuFSv2bLa8

"
nchamyx10 wrote:
Can the author or anyone kindly post default config file. Got fucked after patch.

You dont need config file just delete old one open poe.exe and apply new settings from screenshot

"
Dx 11 Update = Make every setting low , disable AA , post processing disabled , engine multi disabled first

Enable Vysnc and dynamic resolution set fps to 60 that way game fps gonna be in loop since your max monitor fps is 60 you always get reduced particles and graphics this settings turns out to be better than old DX9

NVDIA SETTINGS

Go to nvdia control panel add "PathOfExile_x64" and make sure every custom setting is low and max performance and disable anti aliasing crap

PathOfExile_x64 NOT Client.exe

RESOLUTION

Fullscreen way better and make sure lowest resolution as possible to get max fps , but if you are like me loves doing other stuff while playing at windowed resolution you get some fps loss.

PRIORITY

Using High Priority makes game faster , set Path of exile exe to high everytime you launch it (i dont know how to make it permanent)
https://www.wikihow.com/Change-Process-Priorities-in-Windows-Task-Manager

Make sure delete Minimap folder sometimes in your C:\Users\"username"\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile , This fix lag caused by Abbys and Breaches

AND Deleting the "ShaderCacheD3D11" folder in the Path of Exile game location helps as well.

Starting game with administrator privileges also helpful to avoid error & crashes

REGULAR CLIENT

- Right click the poe exe shortcut -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Privilege Level -> Check "Run this program as administrator"

DEFRAGMENT Tool

Use windows defrag every a few days it realy improves your loading speed (only works on regular client NOT STEAM)

if you use defragment tool before

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/28060/page/1
(Use original exe)

Memory Leaks

Disable windows Superfletch that reduces memory usage

open cmd > type services.msc > find superfetch stop it and make it manual only

(Google it how to do it if you cant do like this)

Noasync makes things preload so you wont get loading related issues

What is this ? > https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Launch_options

Use --noasync

Example : "C:\Program Files\Path of Exile\Client.exe" --nologo --noasync

"
3.6.0 Update
Custom settings no longer gonna work after 3.6.0 due to removing of DX9.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2319193/page/1

If you cant play on dx11 from now on buy a new pc or quit game.

[Updates]
ShaderCacheD3D11
Dfragment tool is back
--noasync is made only low
--noasync is back again
Added Defragment Tool
Added Screenshot
Steam Client Removed
Ready For Dx11
no longer playing
Last edited by canjp on Sep 16, 2019, 1:49:50 PM
Last bumped on Apr 18, 2020, 9:28:41 AM
Also they are not gonna bring back DX9 dont waste your effort , they are elitist and test this game on nasa computer best way to respond this dont support them.

If your pc cant handle DX11 play something else or get an mediocre pc parts.

Or you can just quit entirely
no longer playing
Last edited by canjp on Mar 15, 2019, 8:45:47 AM
Very good post, man! Kudos
"
DarkNomade wrote:
Very good post, man! Kudos

Thanks

Beastiary League Update 2 = Last hotfix makes DX9 more unstable , swap to DX9Ex
no longer playing
Last edited by canjp on Mar 5, 2018, 2:27:06 PM
What's with the custom resolution? Is it better than 800x600?

Have you done any testing with frame rate limiters? I was getting weird results dependent on the frame rate. Like latency changes based on the frame rate.
"
SuicideAll wrote:

Have you done any testing with frame rate limiters? I was getting weird results dependent on the frame rate. Like latency changes based on the frame rate.

There is not much difference between 800x600 or 1152x864 , 1049x639 gives me slightly better fps than 1152x864.Resolution rate is entirely based on your pc you should test it with resizing.
Well i cant do anything about latency based fps drops im using Paris works fine for me.

Update = Config file updated , with new settings you are gonne get at least 5 or more fps.
no longer playing
Last edited by canjp on Mar 5, 2018, 8:03:39 PM
"
canjp wrote:
"
SuicideAll wrote:

There is not much difference between 800x600 or 1152x864 , 1049x639 gives me slightly better fps than 1152x864.Resolution rate is entirely based on your pc you should test it with resizing.
Well i cant do anything about latency based fps drops im using Paris.

Update = Settings Updated

Lower resolution should always be better performance. 800x600 would save 190,311 pixels.

You are misunderstanding what I am saying about frame rates. The frame rates are affecting latency. Example: 40 fps = 20 ms latency. 50 fps = 25 ms latency.

This is according to the in game latency graph. I didn't research into what is happening. I just found the most stable frame rate and left it.

Generally, you want to match your frame rates to your monitors refresh rate. However, you can save some GPU usage by lowering frame rate.
Beastiary Update 3 = Blood Altar fights still laggy (They use soo many area skill) , i suggest playing strong builds can capable survive lag spikes like max block gladiator or builds has tons of regen
no longer playing
tested the workaround sadly it didnt work for me :/ had bigger performance issues as before

if u still lagg after those fixes u prolly should return to the normal config atleast it works better for me
"
Cptbuzyo wrote:
tested the workaround sadly it didnt work for me :/ had bigger performance issues as before

if u still lagg after those fixes u prolly should return to the normal config atleast it works better for me

Did you try with DX9 or lower resolution ?

Update For Lag = https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Networking_mode this one affects fps well

[NETWORKING]
networking_type=

lockstep if you have stable connection

predictive if you dont.

Update 2 = Advanced Mod Desc is now true since it wont lower fps.
no longer playing
Last edited by canjp on Mar 17, 2018, 1:33:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info