Armor effect MTX store causes total computer freeze (Chrome)

I was trying to get some skin transfers. However upon opening the Armor Effects MTX store page, my computer completely locked up - including mouse cursor movement and OS hotkeys. This happened to me before, I thought it was a random occurrence; but today I got it again. Both times I had to wait for about 10 minutes for my computer to recover (and by "recover" I mean "enough to let me kill Chrome"). I don't really feel like trying to reproduce it again.

No other MTX page is affected.

DXDiag (I realize I do not exactly have a bleeding edge gaming rig, but it should not be locking up by viewing a webpage.)

Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Only background programs I had open were Skype and the PoE game client (which crashed at some point during the computer freeze). I only had 5-6 other tabs in Chrome open at the time.

Since no other MTX page breaks like this, I suspect this might be due to the sheer number of armor effect MTXs. Some suggestions:

- Split the armor effects into categories (by series or by slot).
- Implement pagination for store pages with too many items.
- Let us search for a specific MTX without having to load the entire store.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Feb 17, 2018, 12:27:36 AM
Last bumped on Feb 17, 2018, 8:52:17 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Interesting.

I haven’t had this, and in my experience the passive tree was the worst part of the website - though they seem to have fixed this. If GGG are to reproduce it, knowing which browser extensions you had installed could help (I’m sure a PM would be fine if you’d prefer not to say publicly).
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
The only extension I have installed is FFZ for Twitch. If there is some more in-depth configuration dump I can get from Chrome I'd be happy to provide that, if you let me know how to find it.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Feb 17, 2018, 8:52:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info