New league release date and a question

So yes I see the release date for the new league on PC is 2nd March so how long after this are we getting it on the XBOX ?

And the other question is very important to be honest.

I have noticed that part of the new league will be to trap and capture many different beasts. Thats cool but does this mean we will have to use one of our very precious buttons (ie XYAB) to be able to do this ? If so wont this make this game even harder to make some of the builds that are out there that require the use of many buttons (example would be a necromancer build withe skeletons and spectre.

I really hope this is not the case or its going to be a league where people will be better of using very simple 1 button bashing builds.

Hope you let us know asap the date and how trapping the beasts are going to work.

Last bumped on Mar 4, 2018, 1:17:27 PM
Maybe they integrated the left or right thumb stick buttons.
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
The Xbox release will be roughly one week after the PC. We will post status updates as we have more information following the PC launch.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Where did Jeff post this about the date ? TBH not so worried about the date. How we are going to capture is more important to me. Trying to think and look into what build maybe a viable idea for the next league already. Done 2 leagues now first was a nightmare with my first char as I did my own build. Second char was ok and was an easy build but was a bit expensive. This league made a very cheap build. Been viable to about tier 15/16 maps but cant do red elder due to missing parts to my build due to button limitations from my pov, so next league I want to have a full build viable to do all content at a reasonable price etc etc.

So knowing if I need to lose another button to be able to capture beast etc etc is almost a must know as it will limit many many builds again making the xbox version a lot different. Why I feel a straight port over isnt always best and going to work for xbox.
"
DJionics wrote:
Where did Jeff post this about the date ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2087803/page/1#p15273473
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
So the PC patch notes state
"
To capture a monster, highlight it and press V to throw a net. If the capture fails, the beast will enrage and become more dangerous. The lower life a beast has, the easier it is to capture.

So until we actually are told what we will have to do to capture a monster isnt this making the choice of builds that are going to be viable less and less on the xbox version. Seems like a lot being done but nothing being said :(
It took me a while to figure this out.. sorry if you're already aware... I also play a necromancer.

After you summon your spectres / golem / guardian and activate your auras, you don't need to have the skill assigned to a button anymore. Replacing the button assignment with a different skill after you've summoned or activated a skill does not desummon or deactivate the aura/skill.
"
gov451 wrote:
It took me a while to figure this out.. sorry if you're already aware... I also play a necromancer.

After you summon your spectres / golem / guardian and activate your auras, you don't need to have the skill assigned to a button anymore. Replacing the button assignment with a different skill after you've summoned or activated a skill does not de-summon or deactivate the aura/skill.

Thanks for that info but yes, in the Abyss league I am/was necro build but even with the unassigning of skills after you have activated them means you are at very fine point/balance. Example most builds would say use desecrate/flesh offering and bone offering and then you have a golem then you have your actual moves etc etc. They soon add up and some you can do without (auras) unassigned, some you would like but work round them (ie golem brought out but then unassigned, but if it dies in a battle your then at a disadvantage until you can re-summon).

So as I have said in the past, some builds are hard enough now with the limited buttons we have and need/want. So taking another button away so its a must have to capture beasts lowers the amount of viable builds or make ones even harder to run.

As it is atm every time I log in I have to change buttons so I can call out my golem and animated guardian. Check my 2 auras are there and then make all my 8 zombies raised before I even start.

If I am killed I have to reset all my auras and then check above. So less hassle imo = simple builds like a sunder or cyclone build it seems they want us xbox players to go down which is hindering us from actual getting the full benefits this game offers it seems. A pc port without much thought it seems on what we xbox players want from the game or how it actually will work in principle.
"
DJionics wrote:
"
gov451 wrote:

After you summon your spectres / golem / guardian and activate your auras, you don't need to have the skill assigned to a button anymore. Replacing the button assignment with a different skill after you've summoned or activated a skill does not de-summon or deactivate the aura/skill.

Thanks for that info but yes, in the Abyss league I am/was necro build but even with the unassigning of skills after you have activated them means you are at very fine point/balance. Example most builds would say use desecrate/flesh offering and bone offering and then you have a golem then you have your actual moves etc etc. They soon add up and some you can do without (auras) unassigned, some you would like but work round them (ie golem brought out but then unassigned, but if it dies in a battle your then at a disadvantage until you can re-summon).

So as I have said in the past, some builds are hard enough now with the limited buttons we have and need/want. So taking another button away so its a must have to capture beasts lowers the amount of viable builds or make ones even harder to run.

As it is atm every time I log in I have to change buttons so I can call out my golem and animated guardian. Check my 2 auras are there and then make all my 8 zombies raised before I even start.

If I am killed I have to reset all my auras and then check above. So less hassle imo = simple builds like a sunder or cyclone build it seems they want us xbox players to go down which is hindering us from actual getting the full benefits this game offers it seems. A pc port without much thought it seems on what we xbox players want from the game or how it actually will work in principle.

We have the same number of accessible skill slots as the PC though, so while switching is a tad more cumbersome on the XBOX I am not sure what the issue is on the skill slot thing. To me targeting is both the best and worst thing about the Xbox and really factors into my build choices

PS I am assuming it will be a key combo for doing the capture

Last edited by metfansc on Mar 4, 2018, 1:19:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info