Supporting GGG and PoE, but not necessarily Bestiary Leaguespansion

I'm going to go the other way and say this league will boost Standard's population. The game is simply becoming too long for many of us to enjoy in 3 months. Standard seems the only option.
Charan I'm actually annoyed by people that cry about scamming. I get your point, but to me its still a game. Maybe Tora will actually voice her disapproval ingame.
So its fine to capture and kill animals to feed the need to eat, but to do the same in order to gain power in a place like wraeclast it's not ok? From what ive seen having power is just as important as finding food in wraeclast, just look at all the people who didn't have power and got buttfucked by one abomination or another.
"
Ginnryu wrote:
So its fine to capture and kill animals to feed the need to eat, but to do the same in order to gain power in a place like wraeclast it's not ok? From what ive seen having power is just as important as finding food in wraeclast, just look at all the people who didn't have power and got buttfucked by one abomination or another.

This is a fair point but I feel this particular method of acquiring power is atonal with what we've been doing so far. It has a real god-with-a-magnifying-glass vibe to it.

Now if Bestiary were about capturing animals, studying them for buffs/goodies, and then *cooking and eating them*, I'd actually be pretty on-board with that. And you can't really say that's any less or more Wraeclastian, although it's probably a little too close to how Kitava's worshippers act. Ritual sacrifice is Vaalish so maybe that's where this is going. Maybe Einhar exists to try to corrupt the Exile into becoming Atziri's greatest devotee with a promise of power. That'd be...a great twist, given she's been farmed for years now.

I don't expect it though.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Ok... so I don't comment much. Generally ever.

But are you seriously talking about a moral compass in a game where literally everything is exploding, shattering, bloodsplosions, shocked, destroyed?

Because I don't think you remember that you literally kill everything that moves in this game other than the Masters.

That everything is at the will of either each of the Act bosses or Shaper or Elder.

That everything is in fact tainted to begin with. That these creatures you call animals, may at one point have been, but now they are all essentially demonically possessed.

That it's not like we eat the animals in game, because we ourselves would become tainted.

Whether you are vegan or vegetarian or have a moral compass or anything really having to do with ethics... doesn't come into play. That's like playing GTA5 and suddenly going "you know... today I won't run over the little old lady"... it's irrelevant, because its a function of the game. You all of a sudden growing a conscience about it is simply a null point.

TL;DR - Whole game is blood and guts. Nothing has changed.
Even if they wanted to keep it about combat, in a fantasy world where essentially anything is lore-justifiable, there are no doubt many ways to accommodate combat without having the player run a death camp.

Like, they could make it an 'Altar of Cleansing' or something, where we draw out the 'corrupted aspect' of the creature and kill that instead. Hell, that easily expands into one of the "moral choice" systems games are so fond of, where players can decide whether they want to capture and kill things or capture and free them. Would it really kill GGG to allow the exile to act with compassion?
"
phroztbyt3 wrote:
Ok... so I don't comment much. Generally ever.

I can see why. You're not very good at getting the point and responding accordingly.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Give me some shit that when i step in will pop some crazy shit that will get me swarmed by mobs, than i can kill them pretty fast and move to next pack, not a fucking pokemon/monster hunter minigame with crafting ********, sight
Next
Last edited by Seymowr on Feb 15, 2018, 9:05:26 PM
"
Mezion wrote:
Charan I'm actually annoyed by people that cry about scamming. I get your point, but to me its still a game. Maybe Tora will actually voice her disapproval ingame.

Even if they're corrupted versions, which I suspect they may be, she would certainly disapprove of this delayed killing concept. Cull and move on. That's her way. I always sort of respected it.

Standard has been dead for years mate, the coffin isn't even there to put nails in.

Even without league stuff, if everyone from the leagues went into void league... standard will still be dead. It's economy is busted, everyone there is either a complete noob or has done everything and has GG endgame gear. What's the point?

I don't even understand people who don't eventually make the transition to HC after enough hours, I can't even fathom people who main standard league.

The type of casual player who would be fine in standard isn't going to bother even coming to the forums, let alone post anything. Don't call yourself casual when you got 1k+ hours and hundreds of forums post ppl. there is a different word for that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info