[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

Quick Q: Does flat +Damage (e.g. "Adds 20-40 Fire Damage") do anything for this build?

It took me a couple of jewel purchases to realize that Spell Damage doesn't do anything for RF, figure I should check on this one too.

(Edit because something went wrong and cut out 70% of the post...)
Last edited by Kirian42 on Sep 23, 2019, 5:56:10 PM
Separate question, starting with my POB:

https://pastebin.com/CZv9iEu5

So how am I getting the same RF DPS as you are at level 80ish and not great gear yet? Am I misunderstanding something? Should I be focusing on SR more? (Your SR DPS is over 2x mine, but I rarely use SR.) Should the rest of my points just go full defense? I'm not really RIPping at all but I'm still in T3 because I'm slow.
Hello everyone, i decided to try this out in the blight league.
Have mostly been playing around with bow skills and more glass-cannon like builds before.

This build has been loads of fun but abit lacking in dps regards in the new league mechanich, everything else works fine.

Right now im working my way into T15/T16 maps and the build is really doing good. :)

Plan is to get my shav's 6-linked, get some stronger jewels, obtaining a second opal ring and then farm towrds a gg watcher's eye.

Here is my PoB if anyone would like to check it for feedback: https://pastebin.com/BmYxv7GZ

Thanks for a great buildguide!
Stay safe!
Kirian - I believe the flat damage does nothing for RF, only:

% Damage
% Burning Damage
% Fire Damage
% Elemental Damage
% Damage Over Time
% Area Damage
Fire Damage over Time Multiplier
Damage over Time Multiplier
on the Enemy: Reducing fire resist
on the Enemy: Increased damage taken
(& Increasing ES)

---
stuff that doesn't work
---
Spell Damage
Flat Fire Damage
RF doesn't hit, crit, or ignite
I'm still not sure on "on kill" effects, it may be inconsistent.
How do people feel about this build now? I did it way back in Delve and it was great fun, although a bit expensive to scale well. Did the new fire damage over time multiplier do anything for it at all?
Hello all,

The build was nerfed in 3.8 due to the fact that RF damage doesn't scale as much with maximum Energy shield.

This pretty much means that itemization needs update. Flat Es and Flat mana are no longer that strong stats for the build.

On the other hand my advice will be to focus on fire damage over time multiplier and to drop some max Es and add some damage. Malevolence is also mandatory in place of determination.

Other less known damage sources in 3.8 are:

Increased malevolence aura effect corruption on rings

+To minimum frenzy charges craft on rings

Shock nearby enemies when you focus craft on one ring

Replace mana lost on rings on weapon they can roll up to 180 mana I think. And fire damage over time multi is mandatory.

Hope it helps guys
Last edited by pro17 on Oct 4, 2019, 1:11:12 PM
It's been interesting playing this build, and I don't think it's particularly nerfed or anything (I'm in T8 maps with most of the gear but not the ultra-decked-out gear, level 88, ~8800 ES, POB says 300k Shaper DPS which is plenty for clearing/bosses).

But I'm realizing RF really doesn't exactly put the A in AOE, does it? I'm hitting less than half the screen, and SR hits a line if I'm willing or needing to stop. Like, it's pretty neat and tanky, but I'm just feeling real slow, making me want to switch back to the Tonya Harding build from last league, or go roll a summoner like everyone else.
Hi guys, I tried to build a llrf guardian for the first time, but didn't know that this particular build was nerfed until it was too late. So I would like to get to the end game and still farm uber elder with this build. Currently playing blight standard seasonal and my main issue right now is my es regen is not fast enough to facetank anything really. It seems like my es regen only comes from time of need ascendency and been trying to figure out what I'm missing. My main goals are to have around 19-20k (if possible) and be able to facetank everything. Here is my pastebin: https://pastebin.com/JX0cR3bc. Please let me know if you guys have any advice on my gears, jewels, ascendency, etc really anything since I really don't know what I'm doing. I have some currency to spent atm, but I would like to save them as well unless it's necessary to get it going. Also if you guys double check my passive and see if it's good or not that would be great. I feel like I need better flasks as well maybe not.
Thanks guys hope to hear back from people who's experienced with llrf guardian build. Been trying to find a good llrf build for poe 3.8, but it seems like ever since the nerf no one is really posting a guide.
i would like to ask any recommended anoint for amulet this league?

i think this is the best rf build i tried out, and its the farthest i ever got.
I guess Soul of Steel would be a good alround talent or Arsonist seems good too for regen/dmg.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info