[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
ThorTheGray wrote:
"
Lyshmo wrote:
I somehow get one shoted in Hogm on lvl 91 with 14k ES, any idea what it could be?

https://pastebin.com/vXhzSd3i thats my character right now, i know some items can be upgraded but i was going to get some levels first.

My understanding, because this happened to me, is that some grand masters have culling strike. Culling strike doesn't give two toots about how much ES you have. If your life is 10% or lower you're dead instantly.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's what my research revealed.

that might actually be true, i could test it out later to disable one aura so my life pool is above that.
"
Lyshmo wrote:
I somehow get one shoted in Hogm on lvl 91 with 14k ES, any idea what it could be?

https://pastebin.com/vXhzSd3i thats my character right now, i know some items can be upgraded but i was going to get some levels first.

In HoGM there is some slayer with the culling strike ascendency. You have 4% unreserved life. So if one of those slayer just hit you, the slayer's cull effect will proc, and you will be instantly killed.

If you want to do HoGM with this build, the only way to achieve this is to turn off one of Prism Guardian auras. You should aim an unreserved life level between 21% to be out of the slayer's culling strike range, and 29% to keep Pain Attunement buff.

Also, while you have posted the pastebin of your character here is some little corrections :

In your gems setup ...
- Shield charge setup : Level and quality for Shield Charge will provide a movement speed buff, so get a 20/20 gem.
Faster Attack should be 20/20 too.
Fortify should be lvl 20. Quality does not provide any usefull buff for this build, so we can keep it at 0%.

- Storm Brand setup : There is a specific interaction between Storm Brand and Arcane Surge. Arcane Surge is only usefull if the mana spend fit the mana cost of the skill linked to it. So we cannot level Arcane Surge past a certain level, otherwise, the mana you will have to spend will be higher than the mana cost of the skill. Here you are in this specific situation. For this reason, you have to level Storm Brand to the highest level, in order to have the highest mana cost (31 mana cost at lvl 20), and keep Arcane Surge at a lvl between 6 (level 7 only if you have a lvl 21 Storm Brand). Quality on Storm Brand will provide some cast speed. It's a little QoL buff. You can have some but you also can skip it.
Inc Crit Stike support should be lvl 20/20 (level and quality improve greatly the crit chance of Storm Brand).

Your stuff ...
- Your scepter isn't good. With SR your dps is good, but with RF, Doon provide 11.4% more dps. The reason behind this is because %inc Spell damage does not works on RF. I will quote my previous explaination about rare scepter :
"
Doon is an extremly solide and balanced weapon. I started to see Doon beeing surpassed by rare scepter solution from a certain point. And it was mostly only in defense buffs.
Personnaly, to surpass a 70/30 Doon, I need a rare scepter that provide at least, in offense, 117+% dmg (% elem with implicit, % fire, %dot), and in defense, 84 stats (str and intel) without mana, or 60 stat (str and intel) + 45 mana. So a 117+% dmg, 60+ stats, 45+ mana start to be a pretty solide weapon. Your scepter only provide 99% dmg, and only 83 stats with no mana. [...]
And unless you have 4+ex to spend in a similar weapon, you certainly should play Doon.

So take a high rolled Doon, this should cost you few chaos, and provide you a way more ballanced solution.
- Get a Prism Guardian with 30 dex. This gives you more flexibility with your rings. Every dex point saved on Prism Guardian can save you a lot of currency with the rings.
- Memory Vault : Get a 150+ES/190+Mana. Your rolls are terribles.
- Shavronne : Divine me this bitch. 103%/31% ES man, this is awfull, lol.
- Boots : Get the Regen uber lab enchant. Otherwise, nothing to say about this slot.
- Rings : There is no intel on your rings. This cost you a lot of mana and Energy Shield. Keep in mind that minimum stats on rings should be this : 40+str/40+intel/40+ES/40+mana. One ring with flat elem dmg, and the second one with the missing dex. Opal Rings are the best base, but also the hardest and most expensive one too. Unset rings are good too (you can sock in a portal gem or a stone golem).
- Crystal belt is a good base, but realy expensive one for a ilvl 84-86. You should be able to get way more stats and better rolls for a descent price on Heavy Belt. It's easy to get a shaped one with a ilvl 84+ for few chaos, and the str bonus is excellent for this build. Otherwise, your belt is ok, even if it lake a lot of stats in my eyes.

You tree :
- Might and Physique notable are good but I would personnaly go for a jewel sock instead. Jewels can provide 8% ES, 35% dmg and a lot of stats (str/intel). It's the greatest dps buff you can get.
- Respect the regen node in Scion area, and get you the jewel sock between EO and EE.
- Coldharted Calculation shouldn't taken before lvl 97+. There is much better at your level (jewels socks, regen nodes, etc.).
Hello guys

I geared my templar again and i copied the tree of lagrossesimone (superbe pseudo ;) )

The damage is ok but there is a real issue to complete alva mission in t15-16 maps, es is around 16.6k.
What to improve ? (in tree or in gear ?)

My gear :

My PoB link :
https://pastebin.com/w5QuYVMN

Thanks for your advice.
Last edited by Goldberg21 on Jul 24, 2019, 2:52:55 AM
I apologize if this has been posted somewhere before, but I had a question:

Can anyone who has successfully divined a lethal pride to get a good amount of 1% life regeneration mods on notables comment on how many divines it took them? I can't seem to find any information about this anywhere and was looking to get a rough expectation of the cost of doing so.

Thanks for your time!
Your PoB says you have around 2k degen with RF. How do you not run out of ES? This is my first RF character so forgive the newb question.
how do i face tank phoenix? i hvae 3.8k regen 20k es 83 fire res, but when he puts ignite one me my es just drops so fast, so in the end i hvae to fight him without rf on =P
"
SJOrken wrote:
how do i face tank phoenix? i hvae 3.8k regen 20k es 83 fire res, but when he puts ignite one me my es just drops so fast, so in the end i hvae to fight him without rf on =P

The trick for Phoenix is to have a lot of overcapped fire resist because every hit you take in the Phoenix arena will lower your fire resistance. Or simply put off RF and have a easy time.
Last edited by zzang on Jul 27, 2019, 11:22:47 AM
Just played the build upon finding it, and can say I love it. Very tanky, but also a good team support if you play with others also. Will say I played the budget form may try eventually upgrading to some of the more spendy items. Just played the kitava fight and stood on him and didnt move for an easy clear, time for some maps. Thanks for the guide!!!
This is my 2nd build this league and I really love how tanky it is and how relaxing it is to play.

It would be great if someone could have a look at my skill tree (@lvl 90) and let me know any suggestions to respec where necessary to extract more from ES/DPS:

https://pastebin.com/kXQG7tkb

(I'm using Rakiata's Lethal Pride jewel that gives me +36 STR for which I just created an equivalent jewel in the POB).

Also would appreciate any suggestions re items (other than the fact that I still need to level most of the gems to at least lvl 20 ;)).

Thanks in advance!
"
I apologize if this has been posted somewhere before, but I had a question:

Can anyone who has successfully divined a lethal pride to get a good amount of 1% life regeneration mods on notables comment on how many divines it took them? I can't seem to find any information about this anywhere and was looking to get a rough expectation of the cost of doing so.

Thanks for your time!

I have done it and it took me 30 or so to do it. But now I have 60% burning dmg and 1% regen with it. Definitely worth it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info