[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
tnondillo wrote:
If I choose to use RF gem setup on the 6-link, which gems could fit it over there?
RF + Burning Damage + Concentrated Effect + Elemental Focus...
+ Efficacy ? + Increased Area? Any other that could be lnked?
Thx

2 possibility :

- RF / Burning Damage / Elemental Focus / Arcane Surge / Swift Afflication / Inc AOE (For boss switch Inc AOE for Conc Effect
- RF / Burning Damage / Elemental Focus / Efficacy / Conc Effect / Inc AOE

The first setup provide more dps but require a gem swap. The second one provide less dps, but is more QOL.

"
ChaserJJ wrote:
can anyonce advice pls - i have only 9k ES now, why? or i just need to lvl up and take all es nodes i didn't take? i understand that in my current gear i can't get 16k, but 9k is too small or i mistaken? (char DedushkaES)

Poste a pastebin of your character.

"
JonathanPDX wrote:
My league goal is to do Shaper for the first time (and maybe Elder and / or Uber Atziri after that.) Would this build be able to do it on a 10-15 Ex budget? I don't know the fights at all, so my plan is to play something very forgiving, which my current character is not.

Also, what's the suggested minimum level to make the switch over to RF, assuming you have all the gear lined up?

You can do Shaper with extremly cheap stuff. The fight is a 200% mechanical encounter, and the only dangerous part is the bullet that have 25% penetration.

Elder is one of the most annoying fight for this build. RF and SR are not efficient skill for the second part of the fight. Even if mirror tier stuff, protecting Shaper is extremly difficult with this build. The only way to protect Shaper is to use Frost Wall (in an Unset ring). But you will need some training to master Frost Wall.

Uber Atziri is a dangerous fight. Here I would suggest you to wait until you reach a minimum of 12-13k ES, and ~800-1k net life regen (here I'm talking about the "Net life regen" information only showed in PoB). You can train yourself for this fight with the Apex of Sacrifice encounter. It's almost the same fight, but U.Atziri just have more life and dmg. You just have to be aware that, after she lose 25% of life, she will do the split phase part and the twerking dance phase (not necessarly in this order). The split phase part is extremly dangerous because the 4 splited Atziri will attack you at the same time, all with their attack (Spear Throw, Flamblast, Storm Call and Raising her mirror for reflect).

For all or this, this league, a budget of ~15 ex should be enought to achieve all end game encounter. Personnaly I will not recommand to do U.Atziri and U.Elder before level 94 (before it would be extremly hard to reach the minimum stats necessary for those fights).
I would personnaly recommand to ask for help of a mate with a great clear speed build for Elder fight. This build is just not fitted for the part were you have to protect Shaper.
All other encounter should be extremly easy fight.

"
Sylphid88 wrote:
running this build, was looking at cyclopean coil for the belt... lose a good amount of regen, but gain everything else, including shock+ignite immunity. thoughts?

Elder belt with % inc attribute are a good solution. But I would not recommand this solution unless you have an extremly solide Watcher Eye like this.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Jul 2, 2019, 2:07:53 PM
"

"
ChaserJJ wrote:
can anyonce advice pls - i have only 9k ES now, why? or i just need to lvl up and take all es nodes i didn't take? i understand that in my current gear i can't get 16k, but 9k is too small or i mistaken? (char DedushkaES)

Poste a pastebin of your character.

https://pastebin.com/zWyaAF0n
Question. Does witchfire Brew overwrite the ele weakness on hit form gloves?
"
ChaserJJ wrote:
https://pastebin.com/zWyaAF0n

Basic principle when transitionning to LL :
- Step 1 : you will have to rush Keystone to make the build works ;
- Step 2 : you have to rush the regen life nodes to sustain RF ;
- Step 3 : you have to take the ES/Mana nodes and jewels ;
- Step 4 : you have to take stats & dps nodes ...

You are currently between the step 1 and 2. Because your regen nodes, you still miss some regen nodes and so you do not sustain for the moment.
For the moment, the most effective way to improve your build is to level your character.

Also, on your stuff, some items can be improved.
- Memory Vault, look for 150ES / 190 mana as minimum stats ;
Your rings are bad. Core stats should be : 40 str / 40 intel / 40ES / 40 mana.
- Ring 1 should also have some flat cold or light dmg to attack ;
- Ring 2 should have 40 dex (you can remove mana and craft it afterward if this help you in your search).
Your belt is bad. Look for a Shaper base (Heavy, Crystal, chain belt) with following stats :
- Str / 20ES / 18% increase ES recovery rate.

"
Sylphid88 wrote:
Question. Does witchfire Brew overwrite the ele weakness on hit form gloves?

Yes.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Jul 2, 2019, 11:57:00 PM
Awesome build/guide, been having a lot of fun with it. General mapping, Delving, and (most) boss killing is smooth and low stress.

Shaper and Uber Atziri went down pretty easily, but Elder fight is rough if you want to get the kill during the captured phase. Haven't been able to keep Shaper alive during the second phase against a red elder yet, I don't seem to have enough upfront damage to kill the adds before they can get a shot off against Shaper.

I ended up making a few minor skill tree changes just out of personal preference. Picked up Arcane Vision, and dropped the nodes by shadow for the aura nodes by Scion since I've been grouping with a friend a lot.

Also picked up the jewel socket in the very top left for a Timeless Karui jewel, and the dex node by elemental overload for gem requirements. Karui jewel seems pretty good in that location if you have a good roll, the one I have right now grants:

+20% Burning Damage (on Holy Fire)
+20% Burning Damage (on Might)
+20 Strength (on Agility)
+1% Life Regen (on Unnatural Calm)
+34 Strength from other minor nodes in the area

Only real complaint I have is that it isn't great at clearing monoliths, especially in red maps with the recent health increase on rare mobs. (Although this feels like less of an issue with the build, and more like the league mechanic just favors skills like ED)
Gents, does anyone can suggest how we can increased DPS/Clear speed against Legion? I just don't have enough DPS to open complete army....

May be we have to use scorching ray + some fire skill with CWC like Firestorm or Magma orb?

Was wondering if anyone could take a look at my profile and tell me ways to push my ES to 19k in Hardcore Legion League. I currently am not using any healthy mind's as I play with a mana guardian support so getting mana is not as good when im playing with him as getting %ES is. So I am aware of the mana scaling but even when i swap to full mana scaling i can only hit about 12.5k ES. I have a boot upgrade in the works just need to land an enchant on them for 2% regen when hit they are 230 ES boots so that should help some. Also on my profile I am using dream fragments currently I will swap that out for a much better ring that I already have when I get around to rolling freeze immune on my granite flask. So with mana scaling instead of going for %ES jewel sockets the boot upgrade and switching the ring out i should be able to hit about 13.5k-14k ES but I am still not seeing how I am supposed to hit 19k ES and have 500k+ shaper DPS. (All of these ES values are without my mana guardian support, with him in party I am sitting at around 16k ES.)

Character profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/slimz/characters

Character name: LL_RF_OneDay

Thanks for the help\reading the post.
"
Axdin wrote:
Elder fight is rough if you want to get the kill during the captured phase. Haven't been able to keep Shaper alive during the second phase against a red elder yet, I don't seem to have enough upfront damage to kill the adds before they can get a shot off against Shaper.

[...]

Only real complaint I have is that it isn't great at clearing monoliths, especially in red maps with the recent health increase on rare mobs. (Although this feels like less of an issue with the build, and more like the league mechanic just favors skills like ED)

Elder fight is realy anoying. Our AoE isn't fitted for this fight. We can't cover the 4 TP at the same time with RF and SR in the Shaper protection part.

But it is still doable once you understand Shaper's protection phase is a timed phase.
A simple trick consist in covering Shaper with Frost Wall, and ignore almost all Elder portal's mobs.
It require a bit of training to understand how to place yourself in the fight, and how to cast Frost Wall in order to offer an efficient cover to Shaper.

-------------

For monolith, VRF should be up for half of the timed part. Swepting the area with SR under VRF should provide a dps high enought to unlock a hudge portion of mobs.
It's clearly the only situation where checkmarking on PoB almost all temporary buffs like flasks, VRF, etc. may be relevant.

A mid tier geared build should be able to reach like 3 millions dps for 4 sec. This should be enought to free a lot of monolith mobs.

So once you spot some valuable rewards, I would highly recommand you to use :
- Vaal Righteous Fire ;
- SR (to focus on rewarding content) ;
- Witchfirebrew ;
- Soul Ripper (if you have one).

For example with those kind of buffs, with my std RF, I can have a total of 4.747.000 dps for 4 sec.

"
Axdin wrote:
Also picked up the jewel socket in the very top left for a Timeless Karui jewel, and the dex node by elemental overload for gem requirements. Karui jewel seems pretty good in that location if you have a good roll, the one I have right now grants:

+20% Burning Damage (on Holy Fire)
+20% Burning Damage (on Might)
+20 Strength (on Agility)
+1% Life Regen (on Unnatural Calm)
+34 Strength from other minor nodes in the area

I will check out this part. Thanks for the tip.
wondering how much this build costs to "get going" i'm not very good at making big money in POE but really wanna play a RF build and this build looks great
"
Zooce wrote:
wondering how much this build costs to "get going" i'm not very good at making big money in POE but really wanna play a RF build and this build looks great

The budget version should cost ~1ex and should carry until red maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info