How To Save PvP! MOBA, PUBG Modes!

"

MOBAs are god awful and boring; Dota and LoL are the McDonald’s of gaming. [opinions]

MOBAs are the best type of games ever.

Nice discussion we're having here. And if you really think you're some sort of hipster playing niche games - you're playing grind-fiesta aRPG that used to be McDonald's of gaming.

And I'm quite sure it wouldn't be hard to find some other person saying that aRPGs are for dumb people, doing same thing over and over again, therefore boring. Also gambling addicts! Real players play chess!

Try being a little bit open-minded about things in the world - you'll have a ton more fun that way, instead of being bitter for no good reason. :-)
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Takes nothing to get you flying off the handle. Over something so innocuous too.

Don't forget your meds.

And OP, the damage scaling still needs to be present for any sort of PVP to work, otherwise we're still just one-shotting each other. Some uniques are build-enabling, and to disable some uniques means excluding some players who want to use a certain playstyle because they enjoy it, rather than it being overpowered. Unfortunately, players tend to gravitate towards what gets them easy wins, e.g. Scorching Ray tanks and offscreeners.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Hard to save something what's dead for long time.
If gigigi is smart with money, they won't invest a dime into PvP. They wanted PvP to bring competitive mode? It failed - racing is the competitive element which is appealing to more people.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

I SUPPORT FLASK MACROS
3.13 was the golden age. Down the drain we go.
"
Marxone wrote:
It failed - racing is the competitive element which is appealing to more people.

not wondering given the hundreds of dollars worth of ingame mtx you could get for playing them.

pvp had no other incentive than fun and excitement for those who like a challenge. there are too few of them left here.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
PvP used to be quite popular in diablo 2. It has become part of the endgame experience there.
It needs a little effort to fix some things and make it more attractive for people.

It would be perfect part of the never-ending endgame with little effort compared to creating any endgame boss (shaper and such).
Last edited by Rakiii on Feb 14, 2018, 6:08:15 AM
"
Rakiii wrote:
It would be perfect part of the never-ending endgame with little effort compared to creating any endgame boss (shaper and such).

No there is one thing I don't agree with at all.

"fixing" PvP so it's even close to balanced and can be enoyed by most builds and players isn't a little effort, it's an expasion level of effort.
And frankly that amount isn't justified by the amount of players that could and would engage in it.

Most people do not understand there is already pvp damage scaling with different formula than pve damage scaling.

So adding those formulation to new skills WILL NOT CHANGE PVE AT ALL.

However you are right Dharall, GGG gave up since at least 2.0 on balancing the PVP damage for skills, it would take them more than few hours to do it now.

However it is far from being an "expansion" level of effort do adjust 2.0-3.1+ few skills T interaction in pvp. Maybe few days of data collect at max in my mind.

"
Marxone wrote:
racing is the competitive element which is appealing to more people.

Lol when is the last time GGG made a competitive race seaon? Yea there is no competition anymore in poe, just not sleeping the 3 first days of league to be able to sit 24/24 in ho selling shit.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Feb 14, 2018, 7:16:18 AM
MOBA? BR?

Doesn't matter what game mode they throw into the mix, as long as they can't manage to balance it properly. An imbalanced PoE MOBA would be just as awful as the current imbalanced duel system. And guess what; an imbalanced BR mode would be awful too.

FIRST they have to balance PvP - then they can build upon it.

I have LoL and PUBG as my competitive games. I play PoE to relax. I really couldn't care less about PvP in PoE. Does that make my point on the matter invalid? No. The most important factor in every competition? Fairness/balance.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Head_Less wrote:
"
Marxone wrote:
racing is the competitive element which is appealing to more people.

Lol when is the last time GGG made a competitive race seaon? Yea there is no competition anymore in poe, just not sleeping the 3 first days of league to be able to sit 24/24 in ho selling shit.

you seem to require artificial in-game mode as motivation for competition. Race Seasons failed as well.
I was talking about the only "race" there is and it's the league restart which contains couple meaningless achievements inside the community without a specific mode

- lvl 100
- first shaper
- first Uber
- most mirrors

yes, these all are just artificial motivators to play, but people follow this more than the racing seasons and results of others.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

I SUPPORT FLASK MACROS
3.13 was the golden age. Down the drain we go.
I often see a fair number of people in Sarn Arena in any given day, but those who think pvp is dead are more than welcome to come to Arena the day temp leagues end lol

But yea Head_Less got a point I forgot to mention, pvp has a damage scaling in place that keeps damage done in pvp and pve different. It just needs to be done completely, since many skills have gone without TValues for a long time.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info