How To Save PvP! MOBA, PUBG Modes!

I'm not sure why you guys went with the Unreal Tournament format in the beginning, but a MOBA and a PUBG mode make perfect sense for a game like this one. I don't think that I need to go into any more detail than that. I think Leo would become a lot easier to level if this was the way that PvP was implemented. Also you would probably want to limit PvP to only certain days such as Friday - Sunday + like a random day such as Wednesday or something so that there will be higher PvP population on those days so that leveling Leo will be a lot easier.

Any questions? I think it's fairly obvious how to carry this out. PoE's existing systems are perfect for making those two types of game modes.

*Special Message for Mr. Contrarian (Yes, You!):
As for you, Mr. Contrarian. I know your busy little fingers are coming up with worse possible scenarios of why this would never work, yes I'm talking to you, exile. But just imagine for a minute. A 16 man PUBG game in PoE. Bosses with loot can be distributed all over the map. Care packages with unique Flasks dropped at certain times. The mad dash to attain this loot or to ambush weak players after they battle someone else to gain them. It would be glorious. Even Mr. Contrarian cannot deny this.
Last bumped on Mar 31, 2018, 10:34:18 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Sorry, but no. None of this would save PVP lol What would save PVP is GGG addressing the following

EA overlap (been 3+ years now)
Zerphi's
The insanely high damage of almost all skills- ESPECIALLY Scorching Ray/Blight
Pathfinder superiority
Max block/regen making unkillable characters
CWDT as a main method of offense
Poet's Pen bullshit

If we're given a solid foundation to work with, those of us in the PVP community can organize our own events without having to say blacklist a billion different things just for a match to be fun.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
Sorry, but no. None of this would save PVP lol What would save PVP is GGG addressing the following

Zerphi's
Pathfinder superiority
Poet's Pen bullshit

If we're given a solid foundation to work with, those of us in the PVP community can organize our own events without having to say blacklist a billion different things just for a match to be fun.

If you are a member of this game's current PvP community then I would argue that you are already a little out of touch of what most people would consider to be a fun experience in PvP. Sorry, but that is my opinion.
MOBAs are objectively bad and nobody really wants to invest in PVP as it is. It's like pulling teeth just getting damage to be reduced in PVP, I don't think there's really any chance GGG is gonna put the time and effort into a complete revamp of PVP when all the Reddit mouthbreathers are gonna lose their shit over it.

As for your opinion, it's wrong. I'm in this game's PVP community, correct, and none of us want any of that, really. Just balance. We want our precious PVP back. Trust me, I've seen PVP at its best back in "the day". I know what fun PVP is in this game. I'm all for PVP getting fixed, though.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
pubg mode lol it's called battle royale

There is already 3 vs 3 ctf tho, which could be related to a moba mod. The problem like Mr president of Pvp explained is we have skills broken for years and it render pvp totally broken.

"
Zerphi's
Pathfinder superiority
mine and traps
projectile max distance
"

I am not against other new pvp mods, could be even fun but if they do not first balance those things up it will still not work at all.

Here is the big problem tho, Once upon a time they listened to someone who though he knew what could make pvp popular, they designed the whole pvp experience around it (LLD) but this guy was wrong (pvpers like HLD instead). GGG will not listen to players anymore I am afraid about pvp because it was a bad experience to listen to one already.

So instead of big ideas and new mods let s first balance broken shit, then if pvp become popular again we can think about new game mods.

HAve you even tried the cutthroat races?
After 15 min the game is already fucking stale with miners and trappers camping waypoint and 1 shooting ppl without them even being able to play.
Yet, after few of those GGG still did nothing to nerf traps and mine in poe. This tells you that they are not even interested into making it a fun experience anymore.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Feb 13, 2018, 12:56:11 AM
Also, from what I recall, servers can barely handle 6 players in a map. Any more would just be overkill.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
BearCares wrote:
I don't think that I need to go into any more detail than that.

[...]

Any questions? I think it's fairly obvious how to carry this out. PoE's existing systems are perfect for making those two types of game modes.

Well, uh, you actually have to. PoE was never build with PvP in mind and for it to work GGG would need a separate development team to balance it properly. All the time, with every new patch. There is too little interest in PvP to make it worth it, especially given that OBJECTIVELY BAD (lmao) MOBAs are around and they do that thing far better. Mainly because they are designed for that from the very start.
If I want to play some PvP, I'll go for Battlerite any day over PoE, sorry.

"
MOBAs are objectively bad

D3 is objectively better than PoE.
- Some person on the internet thinking that using absolutes means anything to anymore, 2017

Absolute jewel of egocentric perception.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Feb 13, 2018, 2:16:31 AM
"
Perq wrote:
Well, uh, you actually have to. PoE was never build with PvP in mind

Well it kinda was, since cut throat league was going to be a thing since closed beta, unfortunately the players managed to fuck that one up.

Not that it matters, i doubt that PvP will ever be a thing in the game, there just are not that many players interested in it, even if they spent a good chunk of time again trying to push it players just will not bother with it past a core few.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
It's quite the stretch to try to compare 3 v 3 ctf to PUBG.

Anyway, essentially a PUBG mode in PoE would play out similarily to a game of Warcraft 3 for example. You have a map like "Lost Temple", everyone can study the map ahead of time. Everyone knows where the random player spawn points are located. Everyone knows where the chests and creep camps are located, where the shops are, etc. Game begins and the map starts to get smaller and smaller and eventually players meet up and kill each other using whatever items and gems they were able to pick up for their PvP character along the way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info