How can I kill Danzig in HoGM?

I am summoner with 10k EHP (life, MoM, ES) and 75% block chance (both attack and spell).
My friend is Cyclone Marauder.

The problem is that Gucci is killing us off-screen. I cannot even see him, just something hits us and we all die (including spectres with 20k HP and all res 75%).

(Gucci hits with some kind of lightning, can't tell if it's spell of bow attack. He also uses frost wall.)

I thought maybe Lycius soul will help (avoid projectiles that chained) but it didn't.

How can this enemy be killed?
Last edited by Dark_Nero on Feb 18, 2018, 7:52:55 PM
Last bumped on Feb 19, 2018, 10:56:38 PM
assuming it is lightning damage, and assuming you can dps gucci just put on saffels, purity of elements/lightning, div distillate... and you should be able to handle the lightning damage long enough to nuke him..... if this doesn't work you got bigger problems then lightning mitigation

GL
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
"
Dark_Nero wrote:
(Gucci hits with some kind of lightning, can't tell if it's spell of bow attack. He also uses frost wall.)

I know nothing about HoGM, but if this is Lightning Arrow, you will have an extremely hard time doing anything to them. A summoner provides pretty much the ideal target for LA - a whole bunch of weak enemies clumped close together. Their damage output will go through the roof in this situation as each target will be hit by many secondary lightning bolts at once.
Is it really Gucci? I am not sure how accurate is this list but it seems he´s dealing cold damage (FP) but I may be wrong.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_Grandmasters

On the other hand Danzig is dealing lightning damage through LA and using frost wall.

I am not sure about chaining (on this Master) but LA can overlap among minions.

Danzig is easy to kill in melee range though. Fast movement skill is the key here.

He´s dealing tons of crit damage so the best defense would be reduced crit damage staff.
Last edited by Rakiii on Feb 12, 2018, 3:33:54 PM
Yes, I guess I'm mistaken, and the problem is Danzig char (changed topic name).

I think I remember that I managed to kill him as summonner in Harbinger, by using Phase Run to get close fast and then use Convocation near him. Will try this in Abyss.
yeah it all about closing distance with him and how he spawns...

ran three HoGMs this league as RF cyclone, first two times I didnt even notice him, third time he ripped me like 4 times

and thats against an evasion toon. I guess strategy is just to close distance with him before he gets a shot off. if you have vaal grace and any long-range curse-applying skill that can put enfeeble...they are a musts (I dont think he uses lioneyes glare). oh and also get rid of golem(s) and totems as his LA will chain off them and erase you

I usually clear HoGM with my slayer 2 hander sunder. My strategy requires using belt of the deceiver, fortify and .... you guess it. Getting to Danzig as close as possible to land 1/2 hits, then poof he's deadmeat.Dont forget, defensive flask and CWDT enfeeble does reduce his damage quite a bit.
"
Molochmane wrote:
I usually clear HoGM with my slayer 2 hander sunder. My strategy requires using belt of the deceiver, fortify and .... you guess it. Getting to Danzig as close as possible to land 1/2 hits, then poof he's deadmeat.Dont forget, defensive flask and CWDT enfeeble does reduce his damage quite a bit.

cwdt enfeeble actually requires you to get hit first, which basically means you will be dead (unless you block or avoid it)
I think I read somewhere that his lightning arrow has something like 170k tooltip dps... one of the most troublesome guys there imo. If you engage him, get rid of your minions or you'll die.
Lightning arrow hits additional targets close to the primary one and works with pierce. If he pierces through a small minion army, then you're basically dead.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info