[3.8] ♛ Hank the Tank™ ♛ - The Manliest Man ☛ Cleave & Bladestorm [Delve 500+][Uber Atziri/Elder]

"
Yatunic wrote:
So do we still use kaoms roots with this build or no?

You can. Don't have to.
Proud creator of Hank the Tank™:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2087746
☛ ♨ ♂ ✌ www.youtube.com/captainwarlord ♂ ♨ ✌ ☚
im doing this build on a character named "FullTankHank"
that is all
"

Yes, I am sure. The formula you listed is exactly what I told you earlier.

Chance to hit * 0.5 = effective chance to hit after Blind.

No Evasion = No Blind. Simple. If you can't evade, all Blind does is reduce the enemy's sight radius to the minimum.

You are wrong.

With Iron Reflexes (without Unwavering Stance) even with 0 evasion you still have 5% to evade attacks (so 95% for enemy to land a hit on you). Blind halves that chance to 47,5% which is nice. With Unwavering Stance though you cannot evade attcks at all so blind won't work.
Last edited by MaxGor31 on Mar 12, 2018, 6:50:03 AM
1.Can you add some advice on where to place the skill points after the "finished tree"?
I'm going for some extra jewels but this may not be the best option...
2.If you have some currency and you want to switch to 6link armor + helmet what would be your best choices for that? belly + starkonja?
(I would like to include a stone golem + molten shell + something else when hit combo that is why I would like to have a 6 link at some point)
3. I'm at capped physical damage reduction and I was wondering if it is possible to drop iron reflexes and use a perseverance belt for much more attack speed and life (i'm also good on my elemental resistance), what would u consider enough armor to go this way, 15k, 20k?
4. you wrote that kaomes root is not needed anymore, maybe I missed it but why? also, a section on how to use those extra sockets would be great!
5.I dropped culling strike since I prefer blood magic for my leap slam makes the build much much smoother, how important is culling strike to this build?
"
talweiss1982 wrote:
1.Can you add some advice on where to place the skill points after the "finished tree"?
I'm going for some extra jewels but this may not be the best option...
2.If you have some currency and you want to switch to 6link armor + helmet what would be your best choices for that? belly + starkonja?
(I would like to include a stone golem + molten shell + something else when hit combo that is why I would like to have a 6 link at some point)
3. I'm at capped physical damage reduction and I was wondering if it is possible to drop iron reflexes and use a perseverance belt for much more attack speed and life (i'm also good on my elemental resistance), what would u consider enough armor to go this way, 15k, 20k?
4. you wrote that kaomes root is not needed anymore, maybe I missed it but why? also, a section on how to use those extra sockets would be great!
5.I dropped culling strike since I prefer blood magic for my leap slam makes the build much much smoother, how important is culling strike to this build?

1. Endurance charges if you are using the non-charges version.

2. Belly is good, but you could use Daresso's Defiance instead or use Ambu's Charge. The Perfect Form for free AA. Helmet doesn't matter much at that point. Your 6th links would then be Ruthless and Melee Phys.

3. You are not capped ;) That cap only applies to normal enemies at your level. With Endurance charges and a Basalt flask you could get pretty close to capped for Izaro Slam. Perseverence is still a bad choice, especially after the recent changes to monster damage. Stick with Deceiver and use a Silver flask.

4. Kaom's Roots are still solid, but no longer as good as we got free Stun immunity with 3.2. You will now need an Anti-Freeze flask, but at least you get to make use of BoR's Blind now.

5. Culling Strike is just QoL, not needed.

You could use the extra sockets for a basic CWDT + IC setup or use Stone Golem with Blood Magic or Vengeance + Riposte with Life Gain on Hit and Blind. Choice is yours, really. Curse on Hit doesn't work with counterattacks, so leave CWDT + Punishment.
this may be a dumb question but can this build work with dual strike in place of cleave?
"
RoninByDesign wrote:
this may be a dumb question but can this build work with dual strike in place of cleave?

Yes. Has slightly more single target.
Want to give you an update on my champion too.

I scraped my first champion around level 50 for a new one using a build I put together with PoB based on Hank. I'm now running Grace-Determination-ArcticArmour.

I'm level 72 right now and have not finished act 10 yet. I got a really lucky drop in act 9. A Primordial Might jewel which I sold cheap for 90c. I used nearly all of that to buy all the gear for my character.

Here is the PoB of my current character at level 72 still missing 2 skill book points in act 10:
https://pastebin.com/9EYeDB6s

Here is the level 90 PoB of the same character using level 20 gems.
https://pastebin.com/pXWTJSJp

At level 72 I have 52 mana reserved left. Which is exactly enough to cast Stone Golem.
I needed exactly one jewel with dexterity to reach the 151 dex needed for level 20 Grace.
Decided to go for 159 dex in case I might get a level 21 gem some time.

My gem setups:

* Leap-Frenzy-FasterAttacks-Blood Magic
* CWDT-Enfeeble-FrostBomb (Red Beasts with Life Reg)
* Grace-Determination-Arctic Armour
* Cleave-Main-Brutality-MultiStrike
* EnduringCry-StoneGolem // Protector-CullingStrike

I'm super happy with the build right now. Have not died yet but had some close calls when panicking on encounters I did not know.

What I am unsure about are flasks and quality gems.
* What flasks do you use?
* What gems should be 20 quality?
Currently using: Basalt, Stibnite, Jade, Suphur and leveling a 20quality Cleave.

Thanks alot Hank. :-)
Last edited by zorker on Mar 15, 2018, 5:13:58 AM
"
zorker wrote:
What I am unsure about are flasks and quality gems.
* What flasks do you use?
* What gems should be 20 quality?
Currently using: Basalt, Stibnite, Jade, Suphur and leveling a 20quality Cleave.

Thanks alot Hank. :-)

The most important quality gems are Blood Rage and Faster Attacks. Both gain attack speed, where for Blood Rage it's also global.

1. Life flask of Staunching.
2. Lion's Roar.
3. Silver flask.
4. Basalt flask.
5. Quicksilver flask.

Lion's Roar is a Granite flask. Basalt pretty much caps you with Endurance charges. Jade/Granite is redundant.

Stibnite only works without Kaom's Roots and is otherwise still redundant because of BoR's Blind.
sry mb i dont understand something, how we can wear MaleFaction, if The Bringer have effect "cant use chest armour"?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info