[3.6][HC][Cheap][Starter] Hank the Tank™ - The Manliest Man - Double Strike Champion

"
Xanthochroid wrote:
Dread Banner also gives a base 21% less accuracy to nearby enemies though, which is then increased by aura and buff effect which I think can help a good bit on tankiness (and also not a curse and therefore 100% effective on bosses).

Once again, I mean no disrespect at all, I'm just kinda thinking out loud here.

Mmmm, fair point. I will take a look at Hank again this league, maybe. There might be some juicy mods to grab.

And there's no need to apologize. I wasn't offended, had no reason to be, just wanted to point out my reasoning for it.
Proud creator of Hank the Tank™
Forum guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2087746
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ www.youtube.com/captainwarlord ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
I just wanted to ask is it viable to replace both Ichimonji's with weapons that have more APS/PDps?
Thanks in advance.

PS. Love the build Hank
"
Doksor wrote:
I just wanted to ask is it viable to replace both Ichimonji's with weapons that have more APS/PDps?
Thanks in advance.

PS. Love the build Hank

You can. Will need a lvl 3 Enlighten for the auras, though. And you will lose some tankiness.

Thing is, it takes serious effort to top a perfectly corrupted Ichi. That is, as long as you have enough flat damage jewels.

By the way, my name is not Hank. Lmao.
To me you're Hank :P . Thanks for the reply.
Hello CaptainWARLORD,

Nice build thx ! I tried Uber elder yesterday, and it was the most awful, shameful, and pathetic fight experience of my life.
Do you have some advice / recommendantion that can help for this fight ?
I will drop my Ichimonji with fortify on melee hit for sur. Perma fortify surely worth it, instead of taking First to strike, Last to fall.

I enter in the fight, I take one little ice bolt, or I do one step too close from the shaper's X ray, and PAF, dead.

did You succed to kill him ? Shaper is a baby fight compare to this... I don't give up, of course ! But I can't believe there are some people who " farm " him oO

Thx for you help and/or your encouragement...
"
lecloporte wrote:
Nice build thx ! I tried Uber elder yesterday, and it was the most awful, shameful, and pathetic fight experience of my life.

I failed my only 2 Uber Elder tries on this build for 2 reasons:

* First time I tried with just Double Strike, hoping I could manage. Didn't work. Was lacking AoE to get rid of adds. As was to be expected.

* Second time I used Reave. Also failed because Reave is for mapping, otherwise you simply don't have enough damage.

The currently recommended setup for this content, namely Double Strike + Melee Splash is what I was oing to use next, but I didn't bother again since. I was farming UE on other builds. However, I know that some people have killed him with that setup without any problems.

But make your characters public so I can take a look.
Thx for your answer.

You can see my character now. As you can see I have 1 ichimonji with fortify on melee hit ( This way, I took First to strike, Last to fall instead of " Fortify ", in my ascendancy tree ).

Only 1 gem skill on the gloves because I still don't have 4 socket with good colours on hit ( because of the needed vaal orb ). I find Vulnerability really nice, and the buff from punishment still proc sometimes ( when I tried to look closely at my buffs ).

I took the life node first, because I don't feel like I need more dps, even in t16 with bad mods. I thought I could take conqueror instead of inspirational, but the bonus to my determination/grace aura for armor is better than 6 % damage reduce, no ?

"
lecloporte wrote:
You can see my character now. As you can see I have 1 ichimonji with fortify on melee hit ( This way, I took First to strike, Last to fall instead of " Fortify ", in my ascendancy tree ).

Yeah, but it's not. It's a 13% chance to get it. With this high attack speed you will have it up almost instantly, but you are then forced to continuously attack or get fucked by the lack of defenses the moment you don't have it. there's a reason why this build is a Champ and not for example a Scion.

"
lecloporte wrote:
I thought I could take conqueror instead of inspirational, but the bonus to my determination/grace aura for armor is better than 6 % damage reduce, no ?

No. 6% reduced damage taken is generic and miles better than that bonus for defense. But Conqueror is something for HC for players that want to deck out on defenses.

any cool ideas to try with these? primarily the cast spell on skill use one? at the moment just playing with bloodrage/phase run casted from it
"
hixx wrote:

any cool ideas to try with these? primarily the cast spell on skill use one? at the moment just playing with bloodrage/phase run casted from it

Yeah, if you get something like this:

Paradoxica
--------
Attacks with this Weapon deal Double Damage
10% chance to Trigger Level 1 Blood Rage when you Kill an Enemy (crafted)
82% increased Physical Damage (crafted)
16% increased Attack Speed (crafted)
14% chance to Impale Enemies on Hit with Attacks (crafted)

You definitely get some bonus DPS with these. Question is, how much do you value damage over safety and QoL?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info