Play POE on High Details on a potatoe Laptop

Hello, i played POE since the Beta and it was perfectly. But after the 3.0 update the game was so slow i had FPS 15 on the lowest Settings :-(

I changed the .ini and then i had FPS 25 to 30 but the graphics Looks terrible like the old arcade games in the 70's and 80's :-)

So i Research if it it was a way to Play POE on High Settings on my potatoe ThinkPad T420 with an HD3000 onboard.

I found this 2 Solutions

https://www.banggood.com/de/Mini-PCI-E-Version-V8_0-EXP-GDC-Beast-Laptop-External-Independent-Video-Card-Dock-p-1011222.html?cur_warehouse=CN

https://www.banggood.com/de/Expresscard-Version-V8_0-EXP-GDC-Beast-Laptop-External-Independent-Video-Card-Dock-p-1009976.html?rmmds=detail-top-buytogether__3

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2984716/laptop-computers/how-to-transform-your-laptop-into-a-gaming-powerhouse-with-an-external-graphics-card.html?page=4

i use the Expresscard Version because i dont want to open my Laptop.

This works for many many Laptops from 2010.2011.2012.2013 etc.

So now till i finish the Installation of the Hardware i can now Play on my 2012 Laptop POE on High Settings :-) and i have FPS from 70 to 90 incredible it costs me for all the Hardware stuff 130€

so if you own a patatoe and you are not willing to spend 1000€ for a new Laptop or for the Chassis

https://www.cyberport.de/akitio-node-thunderbolt-3-erweiterungsbox-fuer-grafikkarten-2C03-00E_68.html

369€ for the Chassis + then 500€ to 800€ for a GTX it a shame how they want to milk the People :-(

That why iam happy to have those Chinese People to give us the opportunity to buy the same result in a affortable Price :-)

I hope i could help one with that i can now Play all the newer games with High Details.

I have a ThinkPAd T420 with a HD3000 onboard no SSD!!!
PS:and i use only a GTX 750TI

my FPS are now constant 70 to 90 :-) before with a custom ini 15 to 28 with qualtiy texture set to 4

after my intern HD3000 has 50 Horse Power now i have 1000 Horse Power :-)
Last edited by bullitt on Feb 11, 2018, 9:25:39 AM
Last bumped on Dec 31, 2023, 3:15:43 PM
Basically you took i5 machine and connected external graphic card 750ti.

Its fine to show people with notebook solution how to upgrade gpu if they are not aware of it.

+1

Nevertheless I dont understand what you mean by "milking people". Your solution is upgrade, while people who want to buy new machine will buy all what you have cheaper.

ps: I doubt i5 with 750ti is those days called "potato" and mentioned fps occurs in good conditions. During fight it goes below 30 fps guaranteed.
Last edited by Rexeos on Feb 11, 2018, 12:43:21 PM
I mean my Laptop had a HD3000 and i could play POE only with a changed .ini the game looke awful like the arcade games in the 70'0 and 80'0 but now it looks great.

And for milking people i mean the akitio,razer etc they want so much money for a connection to the laptop what are not fair, the chinese wants only 40€ you need a power supply a graphiccard thats it, it costs me 130€ with the products from these companies you have to spend more then 800€ :-(

last picture is from Uberlab
"
bullitt wrote:
Spoiler
I mean my Laptop had a HD3000 and i could play POE only with a changed .ini the game looke awful like the arcade games in the 70'0 and 80'0 but now it looks great.

And for milking people i mean the akitio,razer etc they want so much money for a connection to the laptop what are not fair, the chinese wants only 40€ you need a power supply a graphiccard thats it, it costs me 130€ with the products from these companies you have to spend more then 800€ :-(

last picture is from Uberlab

Nice, it looks awesome.

gratz
hi .... nicew tips... for the moment can you tell me th .ini changes to get 25 FPS and play?

really need for the moment
Yeah, nice work from Grinding Gear Games.

They had a Game work on all kind of Setups, Low-, Mid- and High-End.
And then they turn anything to new Textures and Effects, sh*** on peoples that can't afford a High-end PC and make it unenjoyable to play.

Well done. Instead of adding new Graphic Settings Level and let the old options stay... they ruin the game for me. It's now not really playable, with 30-40fps others then my, 50–60 Fps, years ago... With a PC that had Worse hardware, then my PC now.

Let's hope I can afford my planned upgrade next year.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info