3.1 Frost Wind Ascendant (White Wind Frost Blades) HC red map viable #CURRENTLY UPDATING FOR 3.5

"
"
Iean wrote:
Anyone tried it on SC ? im curious is it shaper viable.

I ran modified version of this (heavily modified because I went for more damage instead of Survivability ). Killed white/yellow/red (t14) elder,atziri and Minotaur. I'm sure I would kill rest of the guardians too,but it was end of the league and I ran dry on currency

I'm running this build on SC. Do you have any advice on tree changes to tailor this a bit more for SC and tougher content?
"
Morkonan wrote:
"
"
Iean wrote:
Anyone tried it on SC ? im curious is it shaper viable.

I ran modified version of this (heavily modified because I went for more damage instead of Survivability ). Killed white/yellow/red (t14) elder,atziri and Minotaur. I'm sure I would kill rest of the guardians too,but it was end of the league and I ran dry on currency

I'm running this build on SC. Do you have any advice on tree changes to tailor this a bit more for SC and tougher content?

See character 'Rameldria' in my profile,level 89.

here is the pastebin for POB: https://pastebin.com/y2U5tTC9
I love this build so far but i need somes improvments for increase my dps (16k on Frostblades actually).

What advice can you give me at my items and my skill tree ?

Thx in advance !
nice
"
Catmaster wrote:
Introduction
For Levelling I was using

From lvl 8 Tabula Rasa - for the 6L
From lvl 26 2x Ewar's Mirage - for a total of 80-110% increased elemental damage with attacks + Free chain and additional projectile
(you can use this into maps and beyond as long as you keep upgrading your abyss jewels. These Swords scale flat elemental damages really well with frost blades and the levelling clear with ancestral call +1 proj +1 chain is amazing)
you will only specialize into daggers very late into the build, so its worth it to level with these instead
from lvl23 the peregrine - for MS, mana leech and accuracy.

(completely optional) Goldrim and Wanderlust

Hey Cat- I'm just now gearing up to start this build- looks really fun.

What gems would you suggest using while leveling in the 2x 3L Ewar's?

It says you used Tabula for 6L, but then it also said you used both Molten Strike and something else for offense?
Then it also says you used the 2x Swords with ancestral + ? ?? ?

I'm just very confused.
Last edited by RooSalad589 on Mar 25, 2018, 9:00:41 AM
I realy like this build, but i realy need help. I am at level 88 and my Frostblades damage is arount 35k.
Maybe someone can take a look at my build and can help my with any tips. I realy appreciate any help :)
"
Kuoka123 wrote:
I realy like this build, but i realy need help. I am at level 88 and my Frostblades damage is arount 35k.
Maybe someone can take a look at my build and can help my with any tips. I realy appreciate any help :)

Getting uberlab done and seperating ur skill tree into two will give u some skillpoints (Seperate tree at ur jewel). Then using more agressive flask like wise oak or aziris promise will help. u can also check if ur crit strike multi is maybe less damage than added cold on ur chest.
Hey guys, Hey Catmaster,

Just a quick word to say that I'm impressed by this version of a Frostblades build. I've done quite a few builds based on Frostblades, custom or community builds. And this one is pretty fun in terms of structure, gear and gameplay. The idea of the empty off hand combined with Oskarm is really cool. I would even say it is one of the top build when it comes to having fun with Frostblades. Good survivability and pretty good damage output.

I'm unable to drop my 6L atm the moment, but I'm pretty sure that you can get to 250k damage without a big investment (already around 110k without the 6L and less than 1.5ex spent).

Also, the structure of the skill tree is really well thought. There are a lot of builds around here that depends heavily on gear affixes to get to the needed amount of dex/str/int... and they are generally a nightmare to optimize when you get to the late end game. With this one, Catmaster did a really good job to create a tree that is not relying on gear, and that's worth mentionning :)

Finally, really really really good starter build. You can get to the beginning of the end game with the great Bronn's Lithe even on a simple 4L, and start gathering currencies to buy your Oskarm's or Belly if you're not lucky enough to drop one like me.

So thanks Catmaster for you time on this build and sharing it with us.
hello ppl, i need to ask some noob questions (also sorry if my english is not ok)

why u use oskarm instead of other gloves like Surgebinders wich i tested and give more dps (even with less crit chance) once u are full on charges and it doesnt comes with the -10% chaos def, also i think they are a bit better when you are fighting just 1 boss, when you dont get the chance to kill minions in order to get more power charges with the oskarm.
also, why blood magic? i dont get it.

thanks.
Last edited by freezerfall on Apr 3, 2018, 12:17:48 AM
"
freezerfall wrote:
hello ppl, i need to ask some noob questions (also sorry if my english is not ok)

why u use oskarm instead of other gloves like Surgebinders wich i tested and give more dps (even with less crit chance) once u are full on charges and it doesnt comes with the -10% chaos def, also i think they are a bit better when you are fighting just 1 boss, when you dont get the chance to kill minions in order to get more power charges with the oskarm.
also, why blood magic? i dont get it.

thanks.

First, you got Assassin's Mark on it. 40% chance of a power charge on kill, 20% damage on crits, 9% chance to crit on enemies and life / mana leech. Since Oskarm gives you a 2% crit chance for 200 accuracy, if you got around 3200 accuracy it's an additionnal 30% at least to crit. Long story short : this is insanely good for this build.

Flat dps shown on the tooltip is not always the thing you have to focus on. When you have massive crit, especially with high attack speed builds, crits will proc a lot more.
But like almost any build, you're free to experiment... if you feel that Surgebinders is better, test it out and tell us if it's better :)

One last thing : the leech. Maybe you got better dps with Surgebinder, but you don't get the benefits of leeching. It's always better to be alive with a bit less dps, than dead with a ton.

Why blood magic ? Catmaster explained it on his video and it is like most of the players using this : to be able to move without mana. I'm playing on softcore so I switched the blood magic for a reduced mana support. I never ran out of mana. But it can happen if you're on a "no regen" map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info