Preview of Experimental Graphics Improvements

GGG make it now please! Looks so GG!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"transparency" circle could probably be a lot better, without the jagged effect.

Idea:

Have they tried rendering 2 scenes? One without the 3D objects (apart from characters and spell/ground effects) and One with only the 3D objects like trees/houses.

You can then put a feathered fade (a simple Alpha mask would do) over the output of the 2nd rendering, before adding the scenes together... resulting in a smooth "transparency".

Note:

Doing the above would also allow you to add a checkbox for "Do not draw trees and other structures" for people that needed added performance improvements. It would turn off "sight blocking" models and the "transparency" circle as it would have nothing to make transparent (basically the entire 2nd rendering).

Pros:
* No jagged looking structures as you are applying a transparency over the render, not making a cone through 3D objects, etc.

* Checkbox to disable trees and other large 3D models (along with the "transparency" circle they make required) for people who need the added saving in rendering times and/or screen clutter.

Cons:
* Render timings may be worse... but may also be better than your current method as my method does not intersect ANY 3D models (or do anything in 3D space for the "transparency") and is merely an Alpha mask added to the rendering of the "blockable objects" scene (after the render). Basically... you'd need to look at the new timings and decide if its better or worse yourselves.
Last edited by Genzzry on Feb 8, 2018, 1:59:45 PM
Transparent trees, when Your character is behind is so damn good idea! I got problems sometimes with that! Water and rain locks great to! Great work.
When will the game start using the full potential of my GTX 1080????? I am stuck at 30% usage and PoE is the only game behaving this way. Sick and tired of the 20fps in a party.
Looks like a nice upgrade to me :P
What is being worked on is the rain falling in the jungle nice Idea bring this soon in PoE GGG
Looks nice but graphics and physics improvements can damage the Wreaclast atmosphere, developers should pay attention to this.

Please be careful, you know why Diablo III so bad (color pallet ıgghh). I like the game as it is.
Last edited by Rudass on Feb 27, 2018, 4:35:09 AM
Any date we're getting that sweet sweet water?

I'm gonna fill my hideout with so much particles I won't be able to trade, all the wooden computers will crash!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info